Snorefest

What has happened to the TE community? Wars are boring with no trash talk or bickering and these forums are ghost towns compared to days gone by. And everyone sits around with thumbs up their asses letting Avengers and others build uncontested. Lets just give them the awards.

Man, you missed it!  That Eurasia early round conflict was pure gold.  My keyboard and tablet screen was greasy from all of the popcorn I consumed while reading through the messages.  But all of this up-declare and down-declare stuff is probably getting in the way of people actually playing the game.  From what I can see you got a lot of newer nations afraid to go to war + CN:TE veterans who have rules about "when & who" should go to war and I think it has brought this round to a stand still.

Ok you Greasey TE popcorn nations........ lol   I am with Cazaric, well sorta.....  We need to rotate editions 10 20 50 and 100 mil., mix it up!  Avengers will be builders any way you look at it, call it the Stevie wonder effect.

Ok you Greasey TE popcorn nations........ lol   I am with Cazaric, well sorta.....  We need to rotate editions 10 20 50 and 100 mil., mix it up!  Avengers will be builders any way you look at it, call it the Stevie wonder effect.

I approve of that word play.

Okay, us greasy ^_^  nations need to understand why you guys think alternating from 100 mill to 25 mill and then to 50 mill or whatever will make the game better?  It is the same game.

At 100 million you can build your nation and start your war play if you choose. At 10 million you have no choice but to build your warchest and nation for 10 or 15 or 20 days or more. That is 1/3 of the entire round spent building before you even get a chance to really play.

I think that is fine if the Rulers are choosing that route, but at 10 million it isn't a choice. I believe this may be one of the reasons why game participation is down.  I agree with you, let's mix it up, but can we be more creative than just changing the Starter Sirplus?

Well, we, Citadel, would have attacked the Avengers but it would have been the second time this round, so we went for the War Doves instead.  TA haven't had a war in 24 days.  I think they are just building till the end.

What has happened to the TE community? Wars are boring with no trash talk or bickering and these forums are ghost towns compared to days gone by. And everyone sits around with thumbs up their asses letting Avengers and others build uncontested. Lets just give them the awards.

See what happens when you are away for too long? Everything is falling apart. Welcome back :)

Edited by kongland

Man, you missed it!  That Eurasia early round conflict was pure gold.  My keyboard and tablet screen was greasy from all of the popcorn I consumed while reading through the messages.  But all of this up-declare and down-declare stuff is probably getting in the way of people actually playing the game.  From what I can see you got a lot of newer nations afraid to go to war + CN:TE veterans who have rules about "when & who" should go to war and I think it has brought this round to a stand still.

Then they should band together and invade TE.

Don't try and hyjack my call out post. Take this to the tournament suggestion area. I will say though that the extra startup cash only made noobs bigger and did nothing to stop the builders from building. I bet 80% of te nations have less than 30 mil in WC despite such huge nations. Hell even wars are nothing but nuke slugfests at that size. I think perma wars should be happening with such cash available.

Okay, us greasy ^_^  nations need to understand why you guys think alternating from 100 mill to 25 mill and then to 50 mill or whatever will make the game better?  It is the same game.

At 100 million you can build your nation and start your war play if you choose. At 10 million you have no choice but to build your warchest and nation for 10 or 15 or 20 days or more. That is 1/3 of the entire round spent building before you even get a chance to really play.

I think that is fine if the Rulers are choosing that route, but at 10 million it isn't a choice. I believe this may be one of the reasons why game participation is down.  I agree with you, let's mix it up, but can we be more creative than just changing the Starter Sirplus?

This is not the appropriate place for this, take it to the suggestion forum. But since you did I will make a comment. I think there is actually less war now than there is with 10 mil startup. The SE mentality pervades with such big nations.. check every so often and pay bills then collect every so many days. I thought 10 mil was too much at first but 100 is rediculous and if the admin goes with higher startup cash wars should be longer than 5 days and spy attacks should destroy more cash lets seperate the skilled from the pretenders.

To be fair, everyone banded together to take Avengers down last round, but it took way too long for it to happen. 

I'm with you though, I miss the days where hate ruled the day and people built and warred on that feeling. 

To be fair, everyone banded together to take Avengers down last round, but it took way too long for it to happen. 

I'm with you though, I miss the days where hate ruled the day and people built and warred on that feeling. 

Well not the hate so much as the forum snd irc activity both are dead.

Were our two friendly wars not good enough for you? :(

Most likely why I am too lazy to lead. No passion from anyone except to throw petty grudges and 'crap' into the woodchipper.

Well not the hate so much as the forum snd irc activity both are dead.

Yeah, I don't have much time these days to devote to it. Those were the days. Remember when we'd all talk football, politics, etc?

King misses friendly wars with OP.

The friendly war where I spent $96 million over almost 30 days was the most fun I've ever had.

Finally some excitement now lets see those tears.

I got my popcorn ready. 

We could always ignite some old beef Paul? It's been boring around here without grudges, I've resorted to building and lobbing the occasional nuke

Wait, who are you?

J/k that is what I am saying TE is boring. I hope to bring back some excitement , maybe piss some people off, ruin some plans, police TE... you know me being me.

Wait, who are you?
J/k that is what I am saying TE is boring. I hope to bring back some excitement , maybe piss some people off, ruin some plans, police TE... you know me being me.

Just the same old stuff? It certainly makes things more fun

Paul's Beef is hanging out already!  Free loader w/self destruct tendencey.....  Now that I recall he had to leave couldnt take the heat, so he returns and the trail is breaking hot.  Jumped ship to OP filling them w/rough language.

Mega Round is making a new beginning in TE, money talks bring a few old charms back!

Paul's Beef is hanging out already!  Free loader w/self destruct tendencey.....  Now that I recall he had to leave couldnt take the heat, so he returns and the trail is breaking hot.  Jumped ship to OP filling them w/rough language.

Mega Round is making a new beginning in TE, money talks bring a few old charms back!

Your posts make my head hurt.

• 2 months later...

The snorefest began the moment we left. :p