I'll give it a shot: I think Methrage means he believes he is doing the world a favor by fighting those he claims attack him and others for no reason. He thinks this because he believes his actions cause those attacking alliances real harm when they expected to get their way without any loss.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Last Spartan is an approved member of SRA that was at war with Methrage and then aided Methrage. Looks like SRA has a mole in its midst.

The Last Spartan a.k.a. THE 300 is a member of Swash Plates And Tail Rotors who joined SRA for the war to help our allies. When our warriors were leaving for SRA to join the fight they were instructed to not attack Limitless Nexus and only limit their involvement to Monsters Inc. and Confederatio Aesir. That was due to the treaty between Badlands and LN (and Badlands merged into SPATR), albait this treaty is not binding for SPATR (as per the stipulations of Merger Treaty between Badlands and SPATR). Nonetheless that treaty represented something and we wanted to avoid direct confrontation with LN. That is why THE 300 was told to peace out the first war (which took some time because Methrage wanted to be "smart" and sent peace offer after his own attacks...). I'm not sure why THE 300 sent aid and why she redeclared the war now. I will look into it.

That being said taking into account Methrage's attitude and especially the current thread - which is Methrage's attempt at cheap propaganda utilizing material taken out of context and thus completely twisted - I'm less inclined to care whether our warriors fight LN or not. The Badlands-LN treaty is not binding for SPATR, so nobody can accuse us that we are involved in CubaQuerida-like situation.

Edited by murtibing

One argues semantics. One does not argue with them.

So you're wrong about that as well as the meaning of 'reparations'.

[OOC]Then again, what do I know? I only taught the language for a living.[/OOC]

You know nothing. the rebel knows all.

I just looked that up and I have no idea why it's an SNX tech deal when the guy has been in Knights of Ni for about as long as SNX has existed.

No body else does either, it make's no sense which is why it get's blown off as somebody's idea of asshattery, I thought the same thing about THE 300, but murtibing's account clears all that up, laughable, but hey isn't that what were here for.

Edited by Freelancer

Freelancer, Knights of Ni are not at war with Monster Inc. Apples and Oranges. The Last Spartan is an approved member of SRA that was at war with Methrage and then aided Methrage. Looks like SRA has a mole in its midst.

Now I know what has happened. The aid was to get Methrage in range, so war can be declared against him (so a bait which he took). Plus Methrage removed the mention of treaty with Badlands from his alliance description which can be interpreted as de facto cancellation. Hence the redeclaration.

And I think Jaiar that you should apologize to THE 300 for the suggestion in the last sentence of your post.

No body else does either, it make's no sense which is why it get's blown off as somebody's idea of asshattery, I thought the same thing about THE 300, but murtibing's account clears all that up, laughable, but hey isn't that what were here for.

What is "laughable" about what I said?

Now I know what has happened. The aid was to get Methrage in range, so war can be declared against him (so a bait which he took). Plus Methrage removed the mention of treaty with Badlands from his alliance description which can be interpreted as de facto cancellation. Hence the redeclaration.

And I think Jaiar that you should apologize to THE 300 for the suggestion in the last sentence of your post.

What is "laughable" about what I said?

Nothing now it appears, I'm old school, aiding the enemy especially while at war seems counter productive, theses newfangled strategies that have come out over the years don't compute well with my 8 bit logic board 

Edited by Freelancer

I'll give it a shot: I think Methrage means he believes he is doing the world a favor by fighting those he claims attack him and others for no reason. He thinks this because he believes his actions cause those attacking alliances real harm when they expected to get their way without any loss.

He must be mighty confused. Ratinacage and his buddies are the ones running around warring willy nilly.

He must be mighty confused. Ratinacage and his buddies are the ones running around warring willy nilly.

Yet another resident of bizarro world, where up is down, right is left, and aggression is defense. 

I wonder if you are consciously and deliberately spreading misinformation, or if you are falling victim to it.

Nothing has been cancelled, but its not on public display as we evaluate the tie and SPATR's involvement in the war. Although I'll give THE 300 a fight if they insist on fighting me.

Yet another resident of bizarro world, where up is down, right is left, and aggression is defense. 

I wonder if you are consciously and deliberately spreading misinformation, or if you are falling victim to it.

Considering the only exposure to Tornpage (edit: I've had) is him being a complete tool and bringing this on himself I'd have to say the real one.

No misinformation. I just call 'em like I see 'em.

Edited by Kilroy

Considering the only exposure to Tornpage (edit: I've had) is him being a complete tool and bringing this on himself I'd have to say the real one.

No misinformation. I just call 'em like I see 'em.

You don't like him therefore he must have been the aggressor? Come on man, you know that doesnt make any sense. It's a matter of public record (recently expired from your current event screens but still on record in the usual places) that they attacked first. You can't even argue that, there's nothing to argue. They attacked first, they refused to do anything at all to ameliorate that, and then they refused peace when the people they supposedly attacked to help peaced. Now if you want to say your personal dislike for Methrage justifies mistreating him that's one possible position you would have a right to take, at least that would make some kind of sense. But calling him the aggressor, when he clearly was not in any sense the aggressor, simply because you dislike him... well it makes it hard to take anything you say seriously.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

Anything justifies mistreating methface because he has done enough to deserve it 100 times over.

I know there is an emotional appeal to such arguments, but at the end of the day we all need to be a little bit bigger than that Ken. Even if we assume your grievances were completely justified, once you settle you don't get to dredge them back up again every time you think you have a tactical opportunity. Imagine if everyone that had grudges against Goons treated y'all like that?  Imagine if NoR had treated you the way you want Meth to be treated, hmmm? We could have strangled you in the cradle.

And in fact while Meth has caused y'all a bit of pain in the past my recollection is that you were, in fact, begging for it each time. If you want to play the Goon you really should get that paper-thin skin thickened a little somehow, expected (desired?) responses should not generate chafing. 

Y'all have gone out of  your way to be rude to me on many occasions yet I cannot imagine myself taking the position you are here if our places were reversed.

You can white knight methface all day long. And my skin has nothing to do with my enjoyment of 1) watching meth get his face caved in or 2) doing it myself. He is constantly annoying and barging into situations he isn't wanted or invited to. Hell he tried to get people to attack me in IRC a few weeks ago, which is awesome since not many people are going to take that offer.

Besides you forget that in DH every war WAS a grudge match and dog pile against GOONS for the most part. We enjoyed every single minute of it.

But anyway his thread isn't about goons or the past. It's about methface getting bashed and it's awesome. We always let him go when someone would whine hard enough and offer to buy him off and he inevitably started crap again later. He shouldn't be able to get off this time around.

Kicking his teeth in for the past year of his/his follower's antics, like it or not, is quite justified. It should've happened much sooner.

The thing is, it happens to Methrage every few months, more times than not, I disagree with his stance on things, he's a firebrand who won't back down from anything, and his pig headed side causes more hassles than it's worth, but to intimate kicking his teeth in repeatedly for matters that have been settled in the past is a little far, or has something happened that you haven't told anyone about?

Show Unky Pansy where the nasty Methman touched you on the dolly.

I really don't know who is at fault for this shindig, as my person has been househunting, and not taking any notice of the world, but it'll read like most  times.
If ya'll want less Methrage, stop poking him for funzies.

Very few things in the past were settled to satisfactory conclusion. As Ken stated above you, he's been let off the hook due to his friends whining and pleading in his stead far too many times. I applaud Kashmir and SRA for not falling for the same blanket ploys to get him out of his shenanigans.

Very few things in the past were settled to satisfactory conclusion. As Ken stated above you, he's been let off the hook due to his friends whining and pleading in his stead far too many times. I applaud Kashmir and SRA for not falling for the same blanket ploys to get him out of his shenanigans.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure you'll  find they are not all the fault of Meth, but more the fact his buttons are really easily pushed, and trying to get him to let go of anything, is paramount to prising a fluffy sheep from my grasp.
If Kashmir want to try to  hold him for further reparations, then I am not going  to argue, as it's the 3rd time, and I am sure you get a cuddly toy for the 3rd time, but the whole rhetoric that he deserves all this for his shit, when half the time it's others poking him for giggles, doesn't sit well with me

That's fine? Perhaps if I included every single thing he's ever done, you might have a bit of a point. However, over the past year, his shenanigans have primarily targeted allies and friends. With as much as you know me by now, you should know that is ample reason for me to cheer on his destruction and that of those silly enough to continue to stand with him.

That's fine? Perhaps if I included every single thing he's ever done, you might have a bit of a point. However, over the past year, his shenanigans have primarily targeted allies and friends. With as much as you know me by now, you should know that is ample reason for me to cheer on his destruction and that of those silly enough to continue to stand with him.

You only had to point at the Dolly's friends to explain yourself, consider Unky Pansy satisfied. ;)

Full improvements and wonders, a donation, a few ground battle wins, a pre-existing war chest (maybe), the will to fight... I don't see Methrage losing this fight. He really can't win either but he really has nothing to lose. Methrage is tougher alone than many alliances. Good luck in your battles against him, you will need it.