sra ln !@#$%* fest

Xanth

It does show you were the first to bring up eternal war. 

he does mention eternal war... but he says:

the eternal war you promise.

So if you're stating he's bringing it up, can we assume that said topic is "truthful" and not "spun"? He brings up eternal war YOU promise, you state he brought up the topic first, but said topic is that YOU promised it. So in theory you're saying that you believe Walsh brought up LN's promise of eternal war first?

Edit - typing on phones sucks

Edited by gowfanatic

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he does mention eternal war... but he says:

So if you're stating he's bringing it up, can we assume that said topic is "truthful" and not "spun"? He brings up eternal war YOU promise, you state he brought up the topic first, but said topic is that YOU promised it. So in theory you're saying that you believe Walsh brought up LN's promise of eternal war first?

Did I say LN would be at eternal war with SRA? Edited by Methrage

Oh no, you arent holding us at war, we are just demanding absurd and insulting terms that we know  would never agree to (not to mention blowing up relations with the only friendly leader on the other side) to make sure that the war will continue.

I'll say it again, no one is going to apologize to you for defending ourselves. No one is paying you for having assaulted us, you are not going to be allowed to exterminate anyone, and I am certainly not going to be polite to you as long as you keep lying! Also if you so crave an 'admission of defeat' then I advise you to find someone you can defeat, because you arent getting it from us.

Walsh you just keep doing what you are good at , running your mouth here and convincing people far from the conflict your tail smells like rosewater, we'll keep doing what we do well - wrecking you and your alliance on the battlefield. I think that's fair.  We'll see how popular you remain with your members as time goes on and they become more aware of just what you have done here, and just what the consequences are.

Our mid and upper tier is already in the rebuilding phase of this war....

Lower tier is having a blast. 

Try harder, try hard cunt

It does show you were the first to bring up eternal war. Your attitude on thinking your members can attack who they please without repercussions would be enough for your alliance to not know peace, which has caused your alliance not to see peace thus far. You seem to have trouble connecting the two, if your members are attacking other alliances with your blessings, that has an effect on whether your alliance is at war or not. Maybe when you figure that out, things can change for your alliance.

None of this has anything to do with your original point.  You said that I stated in that post that you had zero allies, which is patently false. What I said was "you have alienated your supporters, like Margrave".  An individual.  Not even an alliance.  You extrapolated that into something you wanted to hear.  You are alienating more people by doing things like this, by the way.

Also:

It does show you were the first to bring up eternal war. 

Only you, Meth, could take a reference I made about your threat of eternal war and claim that I was threatening eternal war first.

Ladies and gentlemen -- my hindquarters smell like rosewater!  Again!

None of this has anything to do with your original point.  You said that I stated in that post that you had zero allies, which is patently false. What I said was "you have alienated your supporters, like Margrave".  An individual.  Not even an alliance.  You extrapolated that into something you wanted to hear.  You are alienating more people by doing things like this, by the way.

Also:

Only you, Meth, could take a reference I made about your threat of eternal war and claim that I was threatening eternal war first.

Ladies and gentlemen -- my hindquarters smell like rosewater!  Again!

My post implied if you continued with the attitude you were having towards us and allowing your members to attack us, your alliance wouldn't see peace. As long as you think you can attack us without facing retaliation, that holds true because of you. It was in reference to future actions. Edited by Methrage

Did I say LN would be at eternal war with SRA?

My reference was to Walsh's post. Where he said you had promised eternal war. Which was in context to a post of yours from a prior time. One which you just said was (obviously you're summing up your post, but still):

My post implied if you continued with the attitude you were having towards us and allowing your members to attack us, your alliance wouldn't see peace. As long as you think you can attack us without facing retaliation, that holds true because of you. It was in reference to future actions.

If the alliance would not see peace, so long as SRA members continued to attack (which they are), and the attitude towards you did not change (which I'm fairly certain has not changed as well), one could assume we would remain at war eternally. At the moment, both of those first factors are true, and show no signs of changing, thus we will continue to be at war for... wait for it... eternity.

My reference was to Walsh's post. Where he said you had promised eternal war. Which was in context to a post of yours from a prior time. One which you just said was (obviously you're summing up your post, but still):

If the alliance would not see peace, so long as SRA members continued to attack (which they are), and the attitude towards you did not change (which I'm fairly certain has not changed as well), one could assume we would remain at war eternally. At the moment, both of those first factors are true, and show no signs of changing, thus we will continue to be at war for... wait for it... eternity.

So I pretty much stated what would be obvious to most alliances, in order to get him to stop the attacks from SRA. (So all this could of been avoided) However Walsh wanted to twist it into a promise of eternal war.

My post implied if you continued with the attitude you were having towards us and allowing your members to attack us, your alliance wouldn't see peace. As long as you think you can attack us without facing retaliation, that holds true because of you. It was in reference to future actions.

That is a lie.  What you said was "SRA will never know peace."

Don't go back and try to reframe what you said.  They are your exact words.  Your. Exact. Words.

Funny how you try to massage what you say ("You won't see peace if you keep attacking us" vs. "you'll never know peace")  AND what I say ("You have zero allies" vs. "You've alienated most of your supporters, like Margrave").

Trying to remember what you call someone who does that...   oh yes: Disingenuous. Dissembler. Deceiver. Fibber. Perjurer. Fabricator. Equivocator.  Liar. 

I knew I had something for that.

That is a lie.  What you said was "SRA will never know peace."

Don't go back and try to reframe what you said.  They are your exact words.  Your. Exact. Words.

Funny how you try to massage what you say ("You won't see peace if you keep attacking us" vs. "you'll never know peace")  AND what I say ("You have zero allies" vs. "You've alienated most of your supporters, like Margrave").

Trying to remember what you call someone who does that...   oh yes: Disingenuous. Dissembler. Deceiver. Fibber. Perjurer. Fabricator. Equivocator.  Liar. 

I knew I had something for that.

You're bringing up things said way back and pretending they are relevant to the current situation, when they aren't. However the facts remain your alliance attacked first, you voided the agreed upon peace deal and now suddenly think you deserve something better than white peace. If we were keeping you at eternal war, we wouldn't of agreed to the peace deal you voided.

So I pretty much stated what would be obvious to most alliances, in order to get him to stop the attacks from SRA. (So all this could of been avoided) However Walsh wanted to twist it into a promise of eternal war.

So what you're saying, is you laid out some terms that you felt necessary to see the cessation of hostilities between our alliances, and until then the war would continue?

Sort of like, I don't know... when we said "when its time for peace, we have 2 requests before you come to the table, and until then we will continue to tango"? 

Nifty.

Edited by gowfanatic

So what you're saying, is you laid out some terms that you felt necessary to see the cessation of hostilities between our alliances, and until then the war would continue?

Sort of like, I don't know... when we said "when its time for peace, we have 2 requests, and until then we will continue to tango"? 

Nifty.

Pretty much I was just trying to get Walsh to stop the attacks at the time, he didn't. Instead we saw another of his gov members jump to another AA to attack us, then was back in SRA as gov before the Dreamweaver war had ended. So we retaliated. However peace was agreed upon, but Walsh voided it. However I'm done arguing about this nonsense.

You're bringing up things said way back and pretending they are relevant to the current situation, when they aren't. However the facts remain your alliance attacked first, you voided the agreed upon peace deal and now suddenly think you deserve something better than white peace. If we were keeping you at eternal war, we wouldn't of agreed to the peace deal you voided.

No, Meth -- Sigrun brought it up, remember?  She said we threatened you with eternal war.  She was going to prove it with a link, but she forgot.

Hey -- wasn't this guy in Limitless Nexus? He sure was when he made this nation bio...

Uff54N2.png

Edited by Walshington

Lol.

I feel bad for even reading this crap, and it's interesting how Walsh used to format for readability and has started doing the opposite (not even readin most of this as a result) but I will respond to one point that jumped out at me.

"If you're so good at wrecking us, it sounds like you don't need peace anyway"

Uh yeah, you're slow but you're finally starting to catch on. We don't need peace. I approached you to try and get you peace because a mutual friend was very concerned about you... and you peed in my face. I wont be doing you any more favors. You can beg Methrage for peace, he might still be willing to listen.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

Pretty much I was just trying to get Walsh to stop the attacks at the time, he didn't. Instead we saw another of his gov members jump to another AA to attack us, then was back in SRA as gov before the Dreamweaver war had ended. So we retaliated. However peace was agreed upon, but Walsh voided it. However I'm done arguing about this nonsense.

Have to actually argue before you can be done arguing, son.

Lol.

I feel bad for even reading this crap, and it's interesting how Walsh used to format for readability and has started doing the opposite (not even readin most of this as a result) but I will respond to one point that jumped out at me.

"If you're so good at wrecking us, it sounds like you don't need peace anyway"

Uh yeah, you're slow but you're finally starting to catch on. We don't need peace. I approached you to try and get you peace because a mutual friend was very concerned about you... and you peed in my face. I wont be doing you any more favors. You can beg Methrage or LH for peace, they might still be willing to listen.

I'm going to engage here, and I know it will be for naught:

1. I always try to format for readability.  Most of my edits are to change colors and do tother things so people can differentiate what I said vs. what others said.  How would you like me to format?

2. If you don't need peace, why are you upset that you feel you can't get peace?  You shut all of SRA out of #CA, and you don't message anyone.  What would you have us do?  If YOU don't want peace, and WE don't want peace, NO ONE has a problem.  I'd say I'm sorry I brought it up, but I didn't -- you did.

3. How did I pee in your face?  Please post actual logs or PM's so all of Bob can see my shame.  But you won't, because I treated you with nothing but civility.

4. When did we ever discuss peace?

I'm going to engage here, and I know it will be for naught:

1. I always try to format for readability.  Most of my edits are to change colors and do tother things so people can differentiate what I said vs. what others said.  How would you like me to format?

2. If you don't need peace, why are you upset that you feel you can't get peace?  You shut all of SRA out of #CA, and you don't message anyone.  What would you have us do?  If YOU don't want peace, and WE don't want peace, NO ONE has a problem.  I'd say I'm sorry I brought it up, but I didn't -- you did.

3. How did I pee in your face?  Please post actual logs or PM's so all of Bob can see my shame.  But you won't, because I treated you with nothing but civility.

4. When did we ever discuss peace?

Likewise.

1. This time you did fine. Several recent posts in this thread you do the entire thing as one big quote, with your text and that you are replying to mixed, and then you try to mark out your own words by color. Even when you catch all of them (and you often miss some) it still makes the whole thing very difficult for my old eyes to follow.

2. Where on earth did you get the idea I am am upset I cant get peace? That's ridiculous. I'm not at all upset about the war. I'm upset with the offensive propaganda and the personal attacks I've been subjected to, and that only motivates me to continue the war, not to offer you peace.

But the whole reason we had to fight in the first place was you attacking my allies. They're tough little squirts and they arent crying uncle yet either, but the fact is as you well know they had also been fighting better alliances for weeks before you hit them, and they did not all have CA level warchests. The fact that they have offered you white peace, even after the way you jerked us all around, and to the best of my knowledge left that on the table, is the closest thing to a sign of weakness out of them thus far. That's where peace comes into this. I have no desire whatsoever to give you peace, but I am only in this war to defend them, so if you want peace with me, you go through them. I've explained this to you before.

3. Pretty sure you know I was telling you the truth about not logging. And I was using the plural 'you' there - as disappointing as you were yourself, it was Xanth who put the final layer of wolverine urine on our relationship, as you know.

4. Don't remember the exact dates but we had a few productive conversations that were aimed at working this out peacefully as a favor to a mutual friend in the latter part of last month. You wound up walking away and saying you couldnt talk to me because I wouldnt agree with you that a few relatively insignificant details that were in your favor magically converted your aggression into defense. Then you sent Xanth...

Edit: to be clear, I am not saying that we actually got to the point of speaking of peace specifically, but the reason for the discussion had to have been obvious.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

You came to me.

And you were BOTH out of line.

So, let's see.  Meth is upset that Dre4m attacked him.  I get it.  I totally understand.  I would be upset if somebody as badass as Dre4m attacked me.

Meth is upset that Xanth fought against LN while Xanth was on another AA.  Again, this has no relevance.  He wasn't in SRA.  You even stated he left the AA to attack you.  You stated that in this thread.  Scroll up to see.  Quit bringing it up.  What Xanth did while on another AA has no relevance here.  He was not involved in any wars when we accepted him back into SRA.

This could have been limited to one round between you and Dre4m, where you actually ran way more attacks against Dre4m than he did you, but you wanted to pick a fight.

You have implied that we have some draconian peace terms for you, but you won't even come to the table to talk about them.  I have said that in this thread as well.  So, what that means, is you are speaking from complete ignorance.

Edit.  I'm just going to leave it at the above.

Edited by smurthwaite

Oh I'll bite. I can't do IRC near update, I'm at work.

Regardless of everyone's feelings, its my opinion that this had gone on long enough.

PM me the peace terms. Lets get a private thread going. I'll invite the relevant parties once I've seen the terms.

I'm at the table.

Oh I'll bite. I can't do IRC near update, I'm at work.

Regardless of everyone's feelings, its my opinion that this had gone on long enough.

PM me the peace terms. Lets get a private thread going. I'll invite the relevant parties once I've seen the terms.

I'm at the table.

Edit, said it again for Xanth he likes to do things twice. :awesome:

Edit, said it again for Xanth he likes to do things twice. :awesome:

Edited by Kingneptune

It's got to be 2 posts with the same time stamp. 

I'm going to allow his double post within the same post for two reasons:

- he took a pop shot at you in good fun

- it made me laugh

Edit: I was confused and posted like this was part of the OCC rather than IC part of the forum.

Neptune, I'm sending you a message.

Edited by smurthwaite

I jumped on to the SRA AA to get some war and I hoped this would last forever because I really don't like MI.

I want it to end now. So much I want it to end. Sig and Meth have pioneered obfuscation as a weapon of war. My nation is out of reach of them but my brain is bleeding from following this on the owf.

I blame Walsh The Abominable for dragging this war out. I heard his terms involved Meth and Sigrun opening a lemonade stand, but putting just a tad too little sugar in it. The knowledge that they were selling mediocre lemonade was just a horrible punishment imo.

I jumped on to the SRA AA to get some war and I hoped this would last forever because I really don't like MI.

I want it to end now. So much I want it to end. Sig and Meth have pioneered obfuscation as a weapon of war. My nation is out of reach of them but my brain is bleeding from following this on the owf.

Why do you hate MI so much?