It seems to me utterly clear either that you do not really know me, or I do not really know you.

Sarcasm only works when it's backed by being right in the first place. Then you have tremendous leeway in which to display your contempt for another person, in particular their inability to grasp that which is the most obvious.

Here, let me help you.

You are correct that I am wise. In fact, I am so wise that I'm going to give you a lesson in English comprehension. Please sit and make yourself comfortable.

Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin.

The truism I alluded to was 'the pot calling the kettle black'. It's a fancy way of employing the tu quoque defense, which amounts to, "Hey, buddy, you're just as bad as I am."

"You're just as bad as I am...."

Hmmm....well, a thinking person may have concluded from that statement that, looking at the broader picture of alliances generally, I may have been saying that we're all in that state. In the past year, you have absorbed the moribund International along with DoD. Nordreich took in TTE.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Oh, wait, I see the faint stirrings of comprehension there. I think you're getting it now. No, don't feel ashamed. We all make these kinds of mistakes from time to time. It's OK. You're only human, you know.

I understand that words are hard, and that understanding them is difficult, especially when one's lack of comprehension has caused one's feewings to be hurt. It creates a near-impenetrable wall of ignorance, through which only the brightest lights may shine.

But that's why I'm here. I'm here to be your light. To help you to overcome your knee-jerk reaction to thoughts you do not understand. To hold you while you cry things out.

See? That is how sarcasm is done.

Thanks. Can I look forward to more of this in a blog of some sort? I need words of wisdom from kingzog in my life.