Top 20 alliances Analysis

Elite Virgin

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. NPO. Powerful alliance, but never takes advantage. Have you ever heard of Pacifica Sphere? Could be gooder.

NPO didn't even defend their long time ally TPF against an attack. I'm refering to the recent situation (about two weeks ago) when TPF was attacked by two nations from DBDC and one nation from "So Uh Bored" alliance. And NPO didn't even defend TPF against two nation "So Uh Bored" AA. Despite the fact that NPO has about 20 nations in range.

These alliance analysis threads are just about always pretty terrible and this one is no exception. Lets hear what everyone has to say about those alliances, it really matters!

I consider this post to be an endorsement of blog I do every 2 years or so where I cover the top... well.. however many I feel like covering, and I cover them in depth!

NPO didn't even defend their long time ally TPF against an attack. I'm refering to the recent situation (about two weeks ago) when TPF was attacked by two nations from DBDC and one nation from "So Uh Bored" alliance. And NPO didn't even defend TPF against two nation "So Uh Bored" AA. Despite the fact that NPO has about 20 nations in range.

You do know their treaty had been downgraded at that point correct?

That treaty has been cancelled for months.

That treaty has been cancelled for months.

My apologies then.

You should update your wiki page in that case. I assumed your wiki page is up to date (I thought that in such large alliance as NPO there will be someone to update the wiki page).

NPO, only doing what is right when forced to by an active treaty.

Since they are not allied anymore, NPO defending TPF would be neither right nor wrong.

You do know their treaty had been downgraded at that point correct?

Turns out it was cancelled, so we both didn't have up to date info.

It's interesting what happened to other TPF's treaties though...

Since they are not allied anymore, NPO defending TPF would be neither right nor wrong.

Only if they don't care about a little thing called alliance sovereignty being violated by doom sphere and their eager minions.

In Latin, though.

It turns out that how to translate "gooder" into Latin is not entirely uncomplicated.

I6SVARL.png

Only if they don't care about a little thing called alliance sovereignty being violated by doom sphere and their eager minions.

I thought we were the evil puppets of doom? Now you're confusing me, hart.

NPO isn't the world police. They don't have to intervene to protect other alliances' sovereignty unless required by treaty.

NPO isn't the world police. They don't have to intervene to protect other alliances' sovereignty unless required by treaty.

Sengoku is allied both to the Doom Sphere and Pacifica, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that was sarcasm at the expense of the SPATR person.

This is a safe forum, like the suggestion box, people should feel free to express their beliefs away from the tyranny of the top 250 oppression here.

More rampant Argent apologism.

Meanwhile, some micro is getting raided into oblivion so bad that asking Methrage for protection seemed a good idea.

And all the while NPO is only too clear, if they are not forced to care by a piece of paper, then they won't.  Fortunately, eventually everyone will be allied with them and they will have to care.

I agree. In the past I raided a few unprotected alliances. I definitely wouldn't like anyone to became "world police" and meddle in my raids.

That being said when alliance which has treaties - like TPF for example - is attacked, it is possible that not only direct allies will come to their defence. The cascading treaties might bring unexpected alliances to the fight. Assuming that TPF has any military treaties left. Perhaps TPF's other allies also tactfully cancelled beforehand?

I agree. In the past I raided a few unprotected alliances. I definitely wouldn't like anyone to became "world police" and meddle in my raids.

That being said when alliance which has treaties - like TPF for example - is attacked, it is possible that not only direct allies will come to their defence. The cascading treaties might bring unexpected alliances to the fight. Assuming that TPF has any military treaties left. Perhaps TPF's other allies also tactfully cancelled beforehand?

If you're trying to insinuate that a massive chain of treaties be activated in a war that's not declared (see: small scale raid), I'm afraid you don't have a grasp of how things work. A multi-alliance response to the likes of Cuba would result in a full scale war at worst, at best a tense crisis with a quick but unsatisfying resolution for all parties.

This isn't micro politics or fringe-Polarsphere. This is the big leagues, and you don't just go around starting first page slugging match global wars on a whim with no strategic plan. That's not even touching on the fact that TPF and their friends can build a coalition and use that CB whenever they want now, barring an unadvertised resolution deal between DBDC and TPF.

If you're trying to insinuate that a massive chain of treaties be activated in a war that's not declared (see: small scale raid), I'm afraid you don't have a grasp of how things work. A multi-alliance response to the likes of Cuba would result in a full scale war at worst, at best a tense crisis with a quick but unsatisfying resolution for all parties.

This isn't micro politics or fringe-Polarsphere. This is the big leagues, and you don't just go around starting first page slugging match global wars on a whim with no strategic plan. That's not even touching on the fact that TPF and their friends can build a coalition and use that CB whenever they want now, barring an unadvertised resolution deal between DBDC and TPF.

That's why I said "it is possible".

My remark was more general, not only relating to this particular situation. Besides: cascading treaties not necessarily lead to the global war. In top tier, even to deal with single rogue, an alliance may need a lot of cascading treaties (depending on the rogue stats and what alliance would be attacked).

MI6. They're very active.They also tend to turn otherwise good people into d-bags, at least in public. Their Ambassador to NoR is exceptionally tolerant of the horrible things many of us say to him, which in my mind has earned him a kind of 'Strange New Respect' award. I still think they're going to get a severe pummeling down the road, though.  Just don't know who'll be delivering it.

We just say the things the rest of you are thinking, and people pretend to get angry over it.

And yeah, VE+IRON+Umbrella against us wasn't enough of a pummeling according to some. Go figure. Edited by Facade

• NPO. Trying to retake the true top spot, I think they can.
  • GPA. I can't wait for you to prove how willing you are to defend those pixels, I suspect many will be surprised at what would happen if GPA was ever forced to defend once more.
  • IRON. I really wish they could be independent.
  • Umbrella. Very effective technology, in game and otherwise.
  • NpO. Loyal.
  • WTF. We'll see what happens next.
  • ODN. Sat on the sidelines in GW2 and set us all on this history instead of a better one.
  • VE. They folded once before.
  • RNR. Allies.
  • Sparta. Poor Politics, but they'll at least be on the winning side next time!
  • NATO. Friends of RnR.
  • Valhalla. You guys ditched me in AI :<
  • NEW. An excellent ally, I loved all my OPP members.
  • DT. An alliance full of genuine players and their brothers/sisters!
  • MI6. If you got your political acts together you'd be incredible.
  • Pax Corvus. Peace Works.
  • FAN. Get off your asses and be the FAN of old.
  • GOONS. The moon was never quite the same as Bob, but you at least choose to behave slightly better than the original incarnation, still miss all them.
  • FARK. Loyal.
  • SNX. Why.

Hell I still feel unhappy at ODN not fighting in GW2 but to put the entire subsequent history on our shoulders is a bit much Mogar, a gross exaggeration. Also howdy, long time no see :D

Edited by Cataduanes

We just say the things the rest of you are thinking, and people pretend to get angry over it.

And yeah, VE+IRON+Umbrella against us wasn't enough of a pummeling according to some. Go figure.

I would tell you posts like these don't help and show an alliance-wide persecution complex not seen since TPF in the Karma War, but I'm pretty sure MI6 has to know it and be doing it on purpose at this point.

1. NPO - The old guy who goes on about his past a lot, although you wonder how much is actually true.  As you grow and it doesn't, you suspect it will last as long as the universe itself.  Includes a faint smell of Scotch.

2. GPA - This will only end when realise that they can't cash in all of that useless infra for a free pizza and a coke.

3. IRON - Is it steroids?  Is it synthol?  All flex.

4. Umbrella - A strong case of OCD, perhaps.  More infra than tech?  Somebody will die.  Probably one of them.

5. NpO - An aggressive advertising campaign for a new brand of breath mints.

6. WTF - They're isolationist, not neutral, and still nobody cares.

7. ODN - Who needs a cheap lawyer to whine on their behalf.  Here you go.

8. VE - A green alliance that has someone allowed itself to live in the shadow of neutrals.  Let's hear it for them.

9. RNR - If science ever needs its fill of useless research, finding out what this alliance does would be a good start.

10. Sparta - Well...

11. NATO - They sat around and got a pip like the kid who sits around and gets a star.

12. Valhalla - If you haven't started, don't watch Vikings.  They've already ruined it for you.

13. NEW - A kid in the corner with a bowl cut who's cutting up his eraser to eat.  Just leave him alone

14. DT - Is it stormy out.  Clearly, one umbrella wasn't enough.

15. MI6 - Eggs, tea.. they bond by talking about food and drink.  A lumbering alliance, for sure.

16. Pax Corvus - The middle-aged woman obsessed with darkness and, would you believe it, cats.

17. FAN - Guns.  Yeah.  Woo.  Right...

18. GOONS - Controversial.  Nah, just kidding.  It's 2015 and nobody cares.

19. FARK - How many times can you recycle the same crappy jokes/whatever those things are?  We'll find out.

20. SNX - Wasn't this a snowboard game from years ago.

I'm kidding.  Calm down.