A brief declaration from CA

Non Grata protect Confederatio Aesir unless I am very much mistaken?

We have a simple protectorate with NG, as we had with our previous protectors. They provide us shelter from raiders. They dont set our FA and they are not responsible for it. (Historical note, CA has had 4 protectors, after running for about a year without one initially. We have twice gone to war for our protectors. We have twice asked a protector to facilitate a negotiation with a belligerent. We have never, ever, asked a protector to enter a war for us.)

We are not anyone's farm team, pawn, or foil. We are not now and have never been particularly interested in dragging big league players onto our minor league field.

And I could have sworn you already knew all that Franz, what are you up to?

<Edit to remove redundancy and improve accuracy to expected levels>

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

Better question:  Who cares?

More contrived drama.  Screams of Unknown Smurf.

Well, I suppose their allies particularly care, Smurthwaite. I mean, these guys may happen to have important friends. I reckon that their foes might care, as well.

You forgot where.  :v:

Welcome. 

I thought getting involved in affairs that have no concern to them was DKs M.O. not NGs.

And how! How are you going to attack them? Give us your guide!

And how! How are you going to attack them? Give us your guide!

It's easily. Just do some [url=http://www.cybernations.net/declarewar_form.asp?Nation_ID=537801&bynation=537801]clickity[/url], clickity click and pew pew pew. 

But how isn't one of the Ws. It's who what where when why. Is that not a common thing people are taught? I've like founded my life on it  :psyduck: 

Can we expect a declaration from CA every time someone uses sanctions as an act of war?  I haven't seen the policy in action, so I assume it is new and will be enacted forever and forthwith?

CA has an unspecified level of treaty with MI, so I guess it could be a form of oA?

Can we expect a declaration from CA every time someone uses sanctions as an act of war?  I haven't seen the policy in action, so I assume it is new and will be enacted forever and forthwith?

It's really not new at all, but I understand why you perceive it that way.

It's really always been a good CB that someone misused a sanction in this way. It's just relatively rare for someone who is actually in a position to do something about it, to care.

Large alliances often courtesy sanction anyone another large alliance wants sanctioned, and they all benefit from this state of affairs, so typically it's just shrugged off.

I've been saying for some time that this is a bad trend and in this case I believe I have an air tight case to enforce it myself, at least insofar as I am able to.

I was on purple at the time, and this was my ally. You may well buy a proposition that I would never agree with - that the senator can use the sanction in any way he pleases and no one should necessarily care. For the sake of argument, say that is true. It's still an act of war against me personally - prohibiting me from trading with my ally, who is NOT a rogue, who is not on a path to deletion, who is in fact a legitimate member of a legitimate alliance involved in a legitimate war.

It's my contention that when he laid that sanction he gave at bare minimum everyone who was on purple at that time a legitimate CB. I have been told many times that may be true, but none of those people care, so he's fine.

Well in this case one of those people was me. I do care. And I have the wherewithal to do something about it. Would you really deny me the right to stand up for what I believe in here?

Would you really deny me the right to stand up for what I believe in here?

When you only act when the situation is convenient and ignore the same infractions when inconevenent, is it really "standing up for what you believe in" or is it declaring a belief to use as an excuse?