Declaration of a state of War against GOONS

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, well there's the problem.  Planet Bob is largely run on "case law" -- things are universally accepted or rejected based on what has been the accepted/rejected practice for years.  While you may be ignorant of these customs, they are the defacto "international law" and your ignorance, as they say, is no excuse.

When you attack another alliance, and that alliance wages war against you, you can't simply run to a new alliance and assume things are cool. If that were the case, we'd ALL do that -- attack an alliance until we are beat down, join another alliance to rebuild in peace, lather, rinse and repeat.  Because of this, if you at war with an alliance and leave your current alliance, the alliance you were attacking has every right to pursue you as an enemy.  I think the ODN guys commenting in this thread can verify this for you, as ODN is going through something similar.

Long story short, you're not being mistreated -- you are being treated per the accepted international customs of Planet Bob.  If you want peace, you'll have to negotiate it -- it doesn't happen automatically when you switch alliances.  Or fight on without international support.  Either way, a flag on your announcements would be a positive addition.

This ia all irrelevant in this case. They "marked" me not because I went around raiding them, but because I defended myself. They attacked and I defended. The reason I left aNiMaLs is because they left me out in the wind. There is nothing to negotiate. They want me to go through some BS mercy thing and pay more tech and stuff and be in debt to them for everall because I have the balls to defend myself. I'm really getting confused by all these posts. Is it really that against international customs to defend yourself and your alliance. Why do I have to beg and plead with anyone. The argument seems more of a your small and they are big so you need to comply with what ever BS they come up with. I tried to play the diplomatic game with them. But apparently their 24 hour cease fire is a one way thing. You have to endure more attacks while they decide whether you are worthy of being extorted or just destroyed. Their mercy board is nothing more than a "pay us so we don't raid you" forum. And with all this talk of aNiMaLs, the attackers didn't even know I was "marked" until I posted on the board. They were raiders plain and simple.

You didn't defend yourself. You joined Animalz and launched attacks on our members. Then when the going got tough at Animalz, you applied to join our AA ingame. I booted you from it then you created this two-man micro alliance which brings us to today. If you think you would rather continue this losing war, I'm perfectly okay with that. When you do decide that you want peace, you know where to find us.

Been quite awhile since we had a good GOONS thread around here.

You're going to be waiting for quite a while yet.

You didn't defend yourself. You joined Animalz and launched attacks on our members. Then when the going got tough at Animalz, you applied to join our AA ingame. I booted you from it then you created this two-man micro alliance which brings us to today. If you think you would rather continue this losing war, I'm perfectly okay with that. When you do decide that you want peace, you know where to find us.

You're going to be waiting for quite a while yet.

he's like 2k NS, live and let live

You are wrong. I joined aNiMaLs because they offered protection from your attacks. But then the protection was never there. I tried joining because one of your members messaged be with an essentially "join and you will have peace" BS. I do want peace. But you don't. If you did you would have control over your nations and not allowed them to raid my nation to begin with. And I will not play your mercy game. It is a joke. You come up with terms that are ridiculous and bive them 24 hours to comply. All the while they are still being attacked and nuked. I owe your alliance nothing. The only peace I want is unconditional. You don't attack us and we won't attack you. Anything more will not do. If you are prepared to offer that then I will go to your forum. Until then we will continue to defend ourselves.

No. An unapproved and former aNiMaLs member declared war on you. If we are going to hold alliances responsible for unapproved members I'll just ask to join a large alliance and then attack you before getting kicked out according to your logic. But you yourself said it doesn't matter. I need to make peace for a nonmember. No member can declare war without approval of the alliance. This action against you made them DOA in our membership. If they were an approved member, by our own rules they would be forced to resolve the situation by any means necessary or face attack by us. Even if this meant playing the mercy board. See you guys pretend to be diplomatic but you can't tell me to negotiate but we will wreck your nation in the meantime. And your form of deplomacy leaves us with no choice but to fight. Your own forum essentially says do what we demand of you or else. Little advice from theArt of War.If your aim is diplomacy, don't leave your enemy with nothing left worth saving. At this pointwe have nnothing to gain and nothing to save by submitting to your demands. The only outcome thats worth us coming to the table is simple peace with no strings attached. Either way we will not negotiate at the point of a gun. If we are going to negotiate peace a real not one way cease fire is needed. Btw I'm only asking what your own deplomacy rules state to begin with. But if your demands require us to pay or be in debt or disbanded might as well keep fighting. Assure me that a true cease fire would be upheld during the time of negotiations I will use your forum to make peace. Otherwise I can not seek peace and expect to just take the attacks without fighting back. Max, you say you are reasonable. Then be reasonable and don't expect us to endure a one way cease fire.

You broke any potential ceasefire by immediately attacking more GOONS after posting your thread though.

I mean its pretty apparent you want to fall on your sword any way, I just don't know why you need to wrap it up around being a defenseless victim.

No. An unapproved and former aNiMaLs member declared war on you. If we are going to hold alliances responsible for unapproved members I'll just ask to join a large alliance and then attack you before getting kicked out according to your logic. But you yourself said it doesn't matter. I need to make peace for a nonmember. No member can declare war without approval of the alliance. This action against you made them DOA in our membership. If they were an approved member, by our own rules they would be forced to resolve the situation by any means necessary or face attack by us. Even if this meant playing the mercy board. See you guys pretend to be diplomatic but you can't tell me to negotiate but we will wreck your nation in the meantime. And your form of deplomacy leaves us with no choice but to fight. Your own forum essentially says do what we demand of you or else. Little advice from theArt of War.If your aim is diplomacy, don't leave your enemy with nothing left worth saving. At this pointwe have nnothing to gain and nothing to save by submitting to your demands. The only outcome thats worth us coming to the table is simple peace with no strings attached. Either way we will not negotiate at the point of a gun. If we are going to negotiate peace a real not one way cease fire is needed. Btw I'm only asking what your own deplomacy rules state to begin with. But if your demands require us to pay or be in debt or disbanded might as well keep fighting. Assure me that a true cease fire would be upheld during the time of negotiations I will use your forum to make peace. Otherwise I can not seek peace and expect to just take the attacks without fighting back. Max, you say you are reasonable. Then be reasonable and don't expect us to endure a one way cease fire.

Someone teach this man about opportunity costs please.

Someone teach this man about opportunity costs please.

If he doesn't get a bigger AA to negotiate for him in return for being a tech mule, he's just gonna be an XP farm for GOONS. Sure, he might think he's doing damage, but at his level GOONS nations can easily fight just on tech deal money. In the meantime, they get stronger through XP and fighting experience, not counting any land/tech they get.

It's rare to make it in a new culture when you feel that it owes you something just by your existence. Comes from sharing an AA with Rey, I guess.

Victorpants, if you are really wanting to damage GOONS, this is not the way to do it. PM me or Franz for a list of AAs that aren't fond of GOONS. Offer to join & sell tech to those AAs if they negotiate on your behalf. What you're doing now has been tried before and never works.

Comes from sharing an AA with Rey, I guess.

What?

I can't tell if you're legitimately retarded or just obsessed with throwing my name into every discussion you take part in. Edited by Neo Uruk

I have to agree with what Marx said on the first page.. He isn't an unreasonable person.. I had a nice conversation with him the other day and it went quite smooth if I say so myself. 

Time to start the pool on how long it takes before either

a) This dude realizes he doesn't want Perma war and starts crying here and/or the mercy board about wanting peace and how GOONS are big meanie but still doesn't do the mercy board terms, or

b) Kaskus steps in and protects these dudes.

VictorPants, hopefully you learn something from this. But a word of advice, OWF won't teach you anything. It will just get you flame and a bad case of brain rot. Something that should have been apparent before you even posted this is:

Don't attempt to use the leverage you don't have in a negotiation. You really have no room to make demands, so going that route is a dead end. It doesn't really matter who has the morally high ground. What matters is who has the bigger gun.