Declaration of a state of War against GOONS

flag.png

We are under attack by members of the GOONS. They are a tough and relentlessly enemy. They are expert fighters. Their aim is to cause havoc and mayhem. We are a young alliance. But as with all alliances, we have the right to exsist and exist in peace. This existence is regardless of international recognition. We will fight for this right until the right is secured. We will fight the GOONS. We will fight them on the ground and in the air. We will fight them in anarchy and through the haze of nuclear fallout. We will fight them with everything we have. We will never send peace. The only peace that will be accepted is unconditional surrender. Until then all GOONS nation within range will be attacked. We will never relent. They have us on our heels. We may be bloodied. But the blood of freedom never runs dry. We would rather spend eternity in anarchy than one minute under the thumb of another alliance's demands.

Prime Minister
VictorPants
The Great Trading Empire

Edited by VictorPants

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can respect those who stick to their guns. :gun:

However, I'm curious as to why there is or was no declaration of war on either aNiMaLz or Monsters Inc? Both of whom appear, after all, to have declared as many or more wars upon your nations as GOONS did. Did they conduct their wars differently?

In any event, have fun y'all. I'd have suggested finding a protector long ago but to each his own.

The wars with aNiMaLs and Monsters Inc were brief and they were both diplomatic and respectful. They didn't ask for us to jump through hoops and so on to get peace. Diplomacy prevailed quite quickly. So it was more of a matter of timing. As for a protector, that would have been nice, but too late now.

The wars with aNiMaLs and Monsters Inc were brief and they were both diplomatic and respectful. They didn't ask for us to jump through hoops and so on to get peace. Diplomacy prevailed quite quickly. So it was more of a matter of timing. As for a protector, that would have been nice, but too late now.

You could always get an intermediary. Check to see if one of the allies of GOONS will protect you. Or one of their enemies. Or anyone in the top 10, really. While they may not declare any wars, they can always negotiate a more dignified out for your AA.

What movie is that from?

Monty Python and the Princess Bride. :v:

Monsters Inc has respect for Victorpants and his alliance mates. Yes we could have out-funded them and nuked them and it's not often to see players stand up and defend themselves, especially with the odds stacked against them.

Good luck with your war with GOONs- them sending their lower teir aid is about as much action as they get these day. Cheers

We are under attack by members of the GOONS. They are a tough and relentlessly enemy. They are expert fighters. Their aim is to cause havoc and mayhem. We are a young alliance. But as with all alliances, we have the right to exsist and exist in peace. This existence is regardless of international recognition. We will fight for this right until the right is secured. We will fight the GOONS. We will fight them on the ground and in the air. We will fight them in anarchy and through the haze of nuclear fallout. We will fight them with everything we have. We will never send peace. The only peace that will be accepted is unconditional surrender. Until then all GOONS nation within range will be attacked. We will never relent. They have us on our heels. We may be bloodied. But the blood of freedom never runs dry. We would rather spend eternity in anarchy than one minute under the thumb of another alliance's demands.

Prime Minister
VictorPants
The Great Trading Empire

Good for you!  Better for you if some kind of flag had been posted with this.  Still, good for you -- now find a protector.

You went rogue against us when you were with Animalz, then expected that we'd just let you go without having negotiated any kind of a peace with us first? I understand you may be inexperienced in how things work, but generally when you attack another alliance you can't complain when that alliance retaliates.

Marx,

I was operating on orders of an alliance I was in. I didn't "go rouge" any more than your nations are going rouge. I left the alliance. You can have your alliance rules all you want. But the way I see it, leaving an alliance means you are no longer responsible for the actions of the alliance. I made peace with the nations I was at war with and the accepted it. I am not part of your alliance and therefore do not have to play by your charter rules. Its not like your alliance members give a crap about your charter anyways. I am a part of an alliance. As tiney and pathetic as it is, you didn't attack me you attacked an alliance. An alliance I am obligated to defend. You never sent word that I had to play your mercy fourm. Your alliance simply attacked. Therefore as I see it, your alliance is the one that has to make peace. We will get blown away as many times as we need to. But we will never settle on any conditions. Don't wasteyour time sending threats or the like. Send unconditional peace or nothing at all.

We consider Animalz to be nothing more than a collection of rogues and tech scammers, so when you joined them and began to attack our members you opened yourself to retaliation from us. I'm not an unreasonable person, and frankly I find these instances of micro drama to be tiresome and unnecessary, but if you want peace you have to negotiate it through the proper channels. Posting one thread on our boards and abandoning it after you weren't given what you wanted immediately is not how you're going to resolve this problem for you and your friend.

I attacked your alliance as an aNiMaLs after your attacked my nation. Your alliance is no different than aNiMaLs.They conduct raids against nations and alliances. Then "mark" anyone who actually has the balls to retaliate. All you thug alliances are the same. You expect to have free reign over any unaffiliated nations or small alliances. Then get all bent out of shape when someone doesn't comply. Your mercy board is a joke. I looked through it. All it is is your alliance attacking nations, then using the attack as a way to force these nations to play your little games and trying to humiliate them. To me that is not the proper channel. If you are reasonable then you would conduct deplomacy alliance rep to alliance rep. Not subject the nations to your ridicule forum. All I ask is for peace without conditions. Otherwise its not peace.

I ask for free fish without limit, otherwise it's not fair and I'll scream and scream until I'm sick...

Mr. VictorPants, you are learning a lesson in the realities of international diplomacy: if you wish to make demands, you must be in a position to enforce them, through your own capabilities or those of reliable allies. Do you have either?

I am making no demands. My alliance is under attack. We are defending. We will keep defending until they send peace. They are making demands that I play their games or face their attacks. We choose to face their attacks. I don't understand why so many nations and alliances simply fold in the face of these kinds of demands.

I ask for free fish without limit, otherwise it's not fair and I'll scream and scream until I'm sick...
Mr. VictorPants, you are learning a lesson in the realities of international diplomacy: if you wish to make demands, you must be in a position to enforce them, through your own capabilities or those of reliable allies. Do you have either?

Ask odn, they have "1000 nations at their disposal"

At this point we have nothing to lose. We have lost everything. All we can do is fight back. All they can do is either spend their resources protecting their lower tier or abandon them. Either way it costs them. I have never backed down or tired from a war and im sure my alliance member will not either. Even if this war never has an end. We will fight, rebuild in anarchy and fight again. We have nothing else to lose.

Marx,

I was operating on orders of an alliance I was in. I didn't "go rouge" any more than your nations are going rouge. I left the alliance. You can have your alliance rules all you want. But the way I see it, leaving an alliance means you are no longer responsible for the actions of the alliance. I made peace with the nations I was at war with and the accepted it. I am not part of your alliance and therefore do not have to play by your charter rules. Its not like your alliance members give a crap about your charter anyways. I am a part of an alliance. As tiney and pathetic as it is, you didn't attack me you attacked an alliance. An alliance I am obligated to defend. You never sent word that I had to play your mercy fourm. Your alliance simply attacked. Therefore as I see it, your alliance is the one that has to make peace. We will get blown away as many times as we need to. But we will never settle on any conditions. Don't wasteyour time sending threats or the like. Send unconditional peace or nothing at all.

Marx,

I was operating on orders of an alliance I was in. I didn't "go rouge" any more than your nations are going rouge. I left the alliance. You can have your alliance rules all you want. But the way I see it, leaving an alliance means you are no longer responsible for the actions of the alliance. I made peace with the nations I was at war with and the accepted it. I am not part of your alliance and therefore do not have to play by your charter rules. 

Oh, well there's the problem.  Planet Bob is largely run on "case law" -- things are universally accepted or rejected based on what has been the accepted/rejected practice for years.  While you may be ignorant of these customs, they are the defacto "international law" and your ignorance, as they say, is no excuse.

When you attack another alliance, and that alliance wages war against you, you can't simply run to a new alliance and assume things are cool. If that were the case, we'd ALL do that -- attack an alliance until we are beat down, join another alliance to rebuild in peace, lather, rinse and repeat.  Because of this, if you at war with an alliance and leave your current alliance, the alliance you were attacking has every right to pursue you as an enemy.  I think the ODN guys commenting in this thread can verify this for you, as ODN is going through something similar.

Long story short, you're not being mistreated -- you are being treated per the accepted international customs of Planet Bob.  If you want peace, you'll have to negotiate it -- it doesn't happen automatically when you switch alliances.  Or fight on without international support.  Either way, a flag on your announcements would be a positive addition.