GPA: Prosperity through Neutrality

The Thing

gpasealuz5.png

Green Protection Agency

What is the GPA? We are a group of nations who value political and military neutrality. Simply put, we do not interfere with the business of other alliances in the game. We respect their desire to play the game the way they see fit. This is after all, their right as an alliance. Our right as an alliance affords us the chance to respectfully decline to participate in the politics and wars of Cybernations.

We take pride in our ability to help one another, nation to nation, member to member. Should you join the GPA, you will find an environment where you will be able to grow in a number of ways:

1) Neutrality. You will be able to grow with more focus on your individual nation since you do not have to participate in the political part of Cybernations.
2) Friends and Family. You will find an established and mature community in the GPA. We are not a bunch of members who huff and puff and get all edgy. We value each other. We respect each other. And we help each other, ALWAYS!!! You will find friends in the GPA. Some of which you can even consider extended family.
3) Peacefully. We have only been in one defensive war in our entire history as an alliance. This occurred in the beginning of 2008. Ironically, what was suppose to destroy the GPA made it stronger than anyone could have possibly thought. It's not by chance that we hold the Number One spot in the alliance rankings.
4) Economically. Our guides are top notch. We leave no stone unturned when it comes to nation building. This is what we specialize in: Neutral Peaceful Growth. Your nation will not suffer in the GPA.
5) Diplomatically. We are not an isolationist alliance. Sometimes, out neutrality might make it seem that we are hiding from everyone, but that is not the case. As a member, you have an opportunity to meet other people in the game. You can become an ambassador to other alliances and meet some of the best people in this game through diplomacy. Whether it's via forum or irc, you are sure to find some really decent folk and alliances out there in Planet Bob.

So, ask yourself these questions:

Why do I want to play Cybernations? Do I want to war? Do I want to lead an alliance? Do I want to build treaties? Do I want to play peacefully? Do I want to make new friends while maintaining a respectful but strict political neutral view on politics? Do I want to have fun?

In GPA, you will get to grow, as outlined above. You will get to live peacefully. You will get to make new friends. And you will have fun!!! Just because we are neutral, we aren't a glum lot. :P To be fair though, we must advise you that we are not the only neutral alliance out there, if neutrality is what you are looking for. We can't actually list the names of these other neutrals, for doing so is not neutral, but if you look around in the Player Created Alliances forum, you are sure to find these other neutrals. So, look around at other alliances. You are not going to hurt our feelings if you decide to be well informed in your choice of an alliance. We will hold the door open for you, if you do decide to join us. Instructions for joining are listed underneath our Charter, which is next:

Charter of the Green Protection Agency

Section I - Principles and Purpose

1. Neutrality. The GPA shall pursue friendly, peaceful and impartial conduct toward all other nations and alliances, maintaining a strict stance of political and military neutrality.

2. Sovereignty. All GPA nations have the right to govern their nations’ internal affairs subject to the GPA's Charter, Laws, and Treaties.

3. Protection. The GPA, as an Alliance, has the right and duty to defend against either hostile actions directed at individual members or at the sovereignty of the GPA.

Section II - Governance

1. The GPA shall be governed by an elected President and Vice President who are in charge of the elected Ministers. The Cabinet is comprised of the President, Vice President and the Ministers.

2. The terms of service, method of appointment and responsibilities of the Cabinet shall be defined in GPA Laws.

Section III - Legislation

1. GPA Laws shall consist of The Charter, The Constitution and Treaties of the GPA. The GPA Charter supersedes all other GPA legislation and authority.

2. The membership shall vote for ratification of all GPA Laws and amendments. The President reserves the right to veto Laws and amendments.

3. The President and/or Vice President may amend the Constitution in the event of an emergency. The amendment must be ratified by the membership within 48 hours for it to remain in effect.

4. A Treaty is defined as a written agreement between the GPA and any external alliance or nation which commits the GPA and its Members to a course of action.

Section IV - Membership

1. Membership is a privilege and not a right and as such, the GPA has the right to set any and all conditions for acceptance into and expulsion from the Alliance.

2. All members agree to uphold the Letter and Spirit of all GPA Laws and Principles.

Section V - Foreign Relations

1. The GPA will not enter into any offensive or defensive military agreements with any other Alliance.

2. GPA members will not initiate an offensive war and will not provide materials or funds that benefit one or more parties who are in a state of war, without direct permission from the Minister of Defense or their designee. If military action is used against a GPA member it may immediately retaliate with any military assets except nuclear weapons.

3. Nuclear weapons may only be used in retaliation and only with the approval of the President.

4. GPA encourages interactions between GPA members and non-GPA members that are conducted in an honest, friendly and impartial manner. However, GPA members will not partake in any inter-Alliance politics or issues that do not directly involve the GPA.

Our Cybernations Wiki Page
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Protection_Agency

Joining the Green Protection Agency

1) Register here: http://forums.cn-gpa.com/index.php (You will need to confirm your email address. Check your inbox and also check your spam folder.)

2) Next, post an application in our forums: http://forums.cn-gpa.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=388
3) Apply electronically at http://www.cn-gpa.com/membership/signup.php
You'll need your nation ID (6 digits at the end of the 'View My Nation' url)
4) Finally select the GPA as your nations alliance, you will then be a pending member.

Green protection Agency IRC Channel

You can also find us on IRC (irc.coldfront.net) in the channel #gpa pop in for some cookies and neutralitybreu!

We look forward to seeing you as a member!! Pass the word of this game along to your friends and family. But remember, sharing a network connection for playing two different accounts can cause problems, up to and including the deletion of the nations involved in the network connection.

Kind regards from,
The Thing
Director of Human Resources

Edited by The Thing

Ch33ky eats the placenta of newborn goats. Also, bump! So new nations, you may be asking yourselves how to make money. Well here is how: You sell technology to larger nations who have to pay a higher price for it. What happens is a buyer sends you 6million CN funds over an aid slot. You start out with 4 aid slots as a new nation. 10 days later the slot used to send you the initial 6million expires. You then send your buyer 100 tech.

Depending on the type of deal you have in place, you will have to send either 100 or 200 tech. If possible, always try to find 6/100 deals. Most likely though you will be selling 200 tech for 6million.

As mentioned earlier, your nation comes with 4 aid slots. You can have more however. The easiest way to obtain another aid slot is to purchase the foreign ministry improvement. It's only costs 120000 and should be purchased immediately.

So how do you find these tech deals? Easy, you join an alliance! Here at GPA, we have more buyers than sellers. This is good news for you! So,if you don't want to be bothered with the political affairs of others and like the idea of neutrality, head over to GPA and fill out an application. Once a member, your peaceful growth will be under way. Tech deals are the primary catalyst for nation growth and GPA will make sure that you are using all your slots for tech deals.

My own nation reached 3999.99 infra in only 101 days, and this was with a period of inactivity where I had to move in real life. Your nation can grow quicker than mine if you put the effort behind it!

Kind Regards From,
The Thing

A list of things not to do as a new nation:

1) Do not blow all your start up money! When you are new, buy these things: 200 infrastructure, 50 miles land, 10 technology, a harbor and a foreign ministry. The harbor and foreign ministry are improvements. You get to buy one improvement per 1000 working citizens. If needed, buy 100 more infrastructure to make room for both the harbor and foreign ministry.
2) Do not change your resources yet! You only get to change them once every 30 days. Once you are in an alliance, you will be hooked up with other nations to form a trade ring. This is why you bought the harbor. It opens the fifth resource trade slot. When you have five resource slots, you can trade with five other nations to form a trade ring.
3) Don't go crazy and buy a lot of military items. All you need right now is soldiers. Don't buy tanks, cruise missiles or aircraft. Go to "Purchase military" link on the left of your nation page and click on soldiers. Buy the maximum. It tells you how many to buy.
4) Don't sit in defcon 5 and threat level low. Goodnight to "edit my nation" and choose defcon 1 and threat level severe. These two settings will help you should you get attacked.
5) Don't collect taxes everyday. There is a reason for this that would take to much time to explain here. Just pay bills everyday. When you join an alliance, you will be taught how to collect taxes. Nations who play the game right practice a concept called "back collecting". Again, there is not enough time to explain this here.

That's it for now! I hope that you choose to join GPA!

Thing

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...