Are there any more ways to get $400,000 instantly other than taxes?

XP Mai

First you need a buyer.  That buyer will send you 6mil or 9mil (if you have a FAC)

After you accept and 10 days go by that aid will expire and you will purchase 100 tech in increments of: 4.5, 10, 10, 5, 10, 10, 10, 10, 5, 10, 10, 5.5 (also, make sure you have this tech bought when you collect)

After purchased you will go to that persons nation page and at the top you will see a tab that says Aid.  You click that and offer him the 100 tech you purchased.

1. What happens if I take the money and refuse to send?
  2. Why not directly purchase 100 tech if the amount of money worth 100 techs?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be labeled as an aid thief, and the person that did not get their tech will work to have you aid and trade sanctioned on every color they can.  Basically, if that happens, you can no longer receive aid from anyone on that color spehere, or trade publicly with anyone on that color sphere (which means that you won't get the +1 happiness for in color trading).

1. Why not directly purchase 100 tech if the amount of money worth 100 techs?

You're going to be selling to nations that likely have 1000's of tech.  For someone purchasing tech from 0 to 100, 6 mil is a great deal, because the small nation will make pretty good money doing that.  However, for the nation with 1000's of tech, 6 mil won't buy very much, because the price for tech escalates based on how much tech your nation has.

As an example, buying from 0-10 tech is much less expensive than buying from 90-100 tech.  Buying from 0-100 tech is much less expensive than buying from 900-1000 tech.

2. Why not directly purchase 100 tech if the amount of money worth 100 techs?

1. Either what hilowe said, or depending on who you steal from, they might even find someone to attack you.

2. What holowe said. Also, the cheapest order to buy tech from 0-100 is:

Buying the tech you're going to sell in that order will maximize your profits, as will having certain improvements, wonders and trades.

All in all, it's highly advised that you join an established alliance who can help you out with all of this and more.

You'll be labeled as an aid thief, and the person that did not get their tech will work to have you aid and trade sanctioned on every color they can.  Basically, if that happens, you can no longer receive aid from anyone on that color spehere, or trade publicly with anyone on that color sphere (which means that you won't get the +1 happiness for in color trading).

This game recognises such deals, doesn't insist aid is aid and deal is deal?

1. Either what hilowe said, or depending on who you steal from, they might even find someone to attack you.

2. What holowe said. Also, the cheapest order to buy tech from 0-100 is:

Directly buy 100 isn't it's cheaper? e.g. if I've 10 techs now, additional tech cost $1. If I buy 100 @ $1/each, I'd need to pay $100 only. 

However, if I purchase in that way. I've 10 tech, buy 4.5 @ $1/each, then I'll have 14.5 tech, priced @ $4.50 each, and continue then the price would rise.

Unless I buy 1 tech @ $1/each, then I send. Then I continue buy 1 tech $1/each, then send and keep repeating until 100 techs.

I fully don't understand the buying tech pattern...

Edited by XP mai

Directly buy 100 isn't it's cheaper? e.g. if I've 10 techs now, additional tech cost $1. If I buy 100 @ $1/each, I'd need to pay $100 only. 

However, if I purchase in that way. I've 10 tech, buy 4.5 @ $1/each, then I'll have 14.5 tech, priced @ $4.50 each, and continue then the price would rise.

Unless I buy 1 tech @ $1/each, then I send. Then I continue buy 1 tech $1/each, then send and keep repeating until 100 techs.

It cost about 2.18mil to buy 100 tech using that method and about 2.25mil to directly buy it in 10s. Not that big of a difference, but every dollar counts and most of us tech sellers do it that way.

As for the deals thing, tech deals aren't a game mechanic, but rather a user-made system using the Foreign Aid game mechanic, and as for that, punishments are also dealt by the tech buyer, who would probably sanction you on that colour and might send people to attack you. Needless to say, it's a terrible idea to just take the aid and not send any tech back to the buyer.

As for other tips, change your govt. from anarchy. Not sure why you are in anarchy as your war history is empty, but anarchy lowers your income quite a bit. And join a trade circle (which should decrease infrastructure cost/upkeep and increase tax collections, which are always good), which are easier to get in proper alliances, but you can probably get in one by waiting for one to open over here on the main forums. And join a proper alliance, as the alliance you're in right now probably doesn't have any good nation building guides or war guides and the like. If you want any more advice, just drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

You can't buy more than 10 at once: check the buy dropdown.

You can technically buy and send just 1 tech, and do it 100 times, but that would be horribly inefficient in terms of aid slots. Each nation has a limited amount of aid slots (from 4 to 7, depending on improvements, wonders and team events) and when you use one it remains locked for 10 days starting from the day of the offer: this effectively caps the amount of aid shipments anyone can have per time period (i.e. from 12 [4x3] to 21 [7x3] aid shipments per month). Furthermore, any two given nations can only have one active aid shipment between themselves: if you send something to nation 'A' you then have to wait for ten days before either of you two can send anything more to the other.

A 100 times 1 tech aid deal would take ~3 years (1,000 days) to be completed, which is mind boggingly bad. Everyone will want to have it done in ten days and then make a new one, of course.

Edited by jerdge

As for the deals thing, tech deals aren't a game mechanic, but rather a user-made system using the Foreign Aid game mechanic, and as for that, punishments are also dealt by the tech buyer, who would probably sanction you on that colour and might send people to attack you.

but @hilowe said:

--

As for other tips, change your govt. from anarchy. Not sure why you are in anarchy as your war history is empty, but anarchy lowers your income quite a bit.

I had 20% soldiers less than the total population. I only concerned infrastructures as warned by an alliance in an off-forums. After that I realised anarchy mode is the problem that makes my economy worse since according to the FAQ, average salary should be $100 so I ensured that my soldiers is at least 20% of total population.

--

And join a proper alliance, as the alliance you're in right now probably doesn't have any good nation building guides or war guides and the like.

The current alliance I joined was 1 of the alliances than spammed me.

I afraid joining good alliances because they may despise me treat me as noob.

Also, this alliance isn't bad. They declared that now all members are protected by TCA... No one will there to attack me.

Edited by XP mai

So does it mean these numbers:

So after buying 4.5, I send. Then buy 10, send and so on until 5.5?

Or follow the pattern to buy, after finished the pattern until 5.5, I send 100 in a single shipment?

So does it mean these numbers:

So after buying 4.5, I send. Then buy 10, send and so on until 5.5?

Or follow the pattern to buy, after finished the pattern until 5.5, I send 100 in a single shipment?

The latter is correct. Once you have bought to 100 levels of technology you them send that in a foreign aid offer.

The latter is correct. Once you have bought to 100 levels of technology you them send that in a foreign aid offer.

Yes. Use that pattern to buy 100 and send 100 in a single offer.

Also, it's a good idea to always have 100 tech on hand. It will lower your bills and increase your tax collections. Try to pay bills daily and collect taxes every 10-20 days to earn the interest, but don't collect any later than 20 days.

Nobody tells me that I can also get financial aid from http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=47. Anyway, this topic may be closed because I've received free aid from rebellion.

I've also started to sell techs via NPO to have an income for expansions.

Not sure if that actually works. I always assumed its just a nice place to funnel people who make threads asking for aid. Good job tho on being part of Orion.  

Not sure if that actually works. I always assumed its just a nice place to funnel people who make threads asking for aid. Good job tho on being part of Orion.  

Do you've an alliance? I wouldn't join your alliance if you're a leader there otherwise nags will be sent instead of aids when my nation is in emergency state.

Edited by XP mai

Do you've an alliance? I wouldn't join your alliance if you're a leader there otherwise nags will be sent instead of aids when my nation is in emergency state.

I wouldn't join an alliance with Han either.  It is a proven fact that Han spelled backwards is Nah.

If I at 999, can I buy 2, becoming 1002?

It would take you to 1001, but with the way the bills calculation works, there is a jump in what you pay at 1000 infra.  So, with 1001 infra, you'll actually make less every day than you will with 999 infra.