This Week in the Network

Schattenmann

WTF has no reason to agree to anything but what they wish to, as the aggrieved and defensive party in the conflict, if ODN wishes to defend DBDC against the consequences of their tech raids then so be it, Last group of people who rolled a neutral seemed to have never had it come back to haunt them.

The next statement could as well be "water is wet".

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reasonable is not the same as enforceable, sides aside (eh eh).

I'm all for an escalation of the DBDC-WTF war and for people wasting their pixels away while I watch from the sidelines btw, so please make this happen.

This late-breaking development brings to 837—down from 1000—the number of nations ODN will bring to take down WTF.

If I hadn't spent my warchest over the past few months I would happily act against this injustice against independence and sovereignty..

Thanks Mogar

Its madness how so many people fall over themselves to be a DBDC meat shield. Seriously cant you see they are using you and manipulating the situation to divert damage away from DBDC nations on to yours!!

DBDC are skilled at deflecting attention away from their selves, dragging other people into their wars i mean look at that slimy coward HIME. Hime attacked his "very good friend" to appease DBDC.

I urgue ODN to step out of this and let WTF and DBDC have it out like warriors.

It really is getting pathetic and DBDC really are showing what slimy cowards they are. I mean look at how they run for help at every turn. DBDC cant u fight a 1v1 with us without begging for help from people like ODN, NG, SPATR, IRON, DS, DT etc etc

where is your warrior spirit? PATHETIC

Edited by christian trojans

Lol you gotta love butt hurt meat shields :facepalm: Its ok man, i can be a shoulder for you to cry on :'(

Listen kid, you did your best vs me its ok. But its cool that I did 3 times more damage to you then you did to me even though it was 3v1 LMFAO

........................................................................................

Anyway no more replies will be given from me to butt hurt meat shields.

OsRaven, I hope to see your AA cancel your treaty with DBDC. That would be the moral thing to do.

Let's not forget that you turtled the entire time and I never nuked because others had more tech. The truth is your weak baby blanket soft nukes did hardly any damage and you expended all your nukes on the person with the least tech. Congratulations, you are horrible at war. Baring a change in strategy you should take a stab at getting your tech up to a meaningful level. Or did you already take a stab?

Let's not forget that you turtled the entire time and I never nuked because others had more tech. The truth is your weak baby blanket soft nukes did hardly any damage and you expended all your nukes on the person with the least tech. Congratulations, you are horrible at war. Baring a change in strategy you should take a stab at getting your tech up to a meaningful level. Or did you already take a stab?

Admin please take note that this is a reference to a fight i had in real life in which i received 6 stab wounds.

Admin please take note that this is a reference to a fight i had in real life in which i received 6 stab wounds.

Great. Now you try to get the mods to fight for you. I didn't even know about that until you mentioned it and would not have known it from fearadaram's post. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't know about it. Sorry to hear about this incident in another universe. That is always a traumatic experience.

Now submit to Stewie's stagger, Skype squealer.

I agree Coloradia, fancy ODN committing you to a war on neutrals, neutrals who truly are the victims.  Pathetic indeed, perhaps you should be pulling your ally back into line... I know you are capable of issuing sternly worded complaints to allies who do things you find inconvenient.

WTF is not neutral.

Attacking your own AA, especially in the middle of a war, makes you a rogue and traitor. Based on CT's seniority and the length of the war, CT defected AFTER war was declared. Since it seems that CT has been involved in war planning (based on logs), that means that he went through the whole war planning process before deciding to jump. He had lots of time to leave/make his concerns known before the war happened. Staying on the AA meant that his brothers counted on him to show up. He didn't. In fact, he stabbed them in the back. Something I expect Valhalla to sympathize with.

Non Grata has been helping DBDC with a rogue, much like we helped Doomsquad with Rotavele. At that time, it was DBDC who white knighted Rotavele. WTF has instead chosen to defend a rogue through force.

Incorrect.  At best you can say he's a traitor, and DBDC certainly has grounds for expelling him and attacking him if the logs you cite are legit.  You can even throw in there a CB against WTF for accepting him, though there's a slight problem there (see below).  However, I did some checking a while back when he was sanctioned on Purple for being a nuke rogue and it turned out he left the DBDC AA and was accepted into WTF (as in more than just an applicant) at the time of his war dec on Cuba.  He did briefly leave the WTF AA  (but not the alliance) after that, for what could be best described as "war tactics" (AA switching being a common practice these days by certain individuals/alliances), but he's been WTF for a while now and doesn't fit the definition of a nuke rogue and never did.  Don't feel bad though, a lot of people fell for the story and CT doesn't really care any more.

WTF was already being attacked by DBDC, and it wasn't just one of their "friendly ass slaps" for some cheap land.  You actually expected them to turn down the help Christian Trojan offered?  "Oh no, it's cool, we don't want any help from a disgruntled member of the enemy camp, because we're a proper AA!"  Of course you accept him, and worry about the details later.

Just be clear on what you are doing.  It isn't particularly noble, nor even necessary.

WTF is not neutral.

Neutral or Independent, the term is interchangable in regards to WTF's feelings towards alliance politics, they have not acted in a provocative manner besides building their nations in peace, they were attacked in this scenario and thus have no reason to submit to their attackers wish they cease inflicting harm upon DBDC's nations, if the rest of your sphere wishes to punish them for having the willpower to stand against being tech raided, then so be it, but you will find the future you create for yourself self fulfilling at that point.

Just be clear on what you are doing.  It isn't particularly noble, nor even necessary.

Necessity and nobility have no place in our glorious and bright post hegemony world! This was to be expected after this most recent war, All this has happened before, all this will happen again.

Edited by Mogar

The problem in CN Prodigal is we can always think of a justification that half the web will think is right and half wrong.  Surely you've seen that by now?  When has there ever been a war without people thinking both sides deserve to lose?

If we take your stance, then each war the winning side does horrible things to the losing, but declares it OK due to xyz logical explanation that makes sense to them but not to you.

*OR* you simply say... some things are not OK.  Demanding individual nations who want out pay huge tech or face eternal war is not OK.  Period.  We don't stand for it.

You have been in this world too long Prodigal to pretend for a second that

is a real solution.  That theres some way to pass moral judgement on when nations deserve to be tortured and when they don't.  Because all you do is create half the world thinking you and your friends deserve it while you and yours think the other half.  Thats might is right there.

If you are being fair, you will recognize that your opinion on who the 'bad guys' are is just that.  An opinion.  And others think the same way about your alliance that you do about theirs.  And thus if you justify your horrible actions based on your view of their 'crimes' they will do the same to you.

Yeah, I agree that mercy is often good for pratcial and moral reasons. But when it comes to DBDC, there's no pragmatic reason to have mercy on them, because they display none. And once you condone destroying and looting without provocation, you really lose the moral high ground when it comes to extortion. So I fail to see how WTF weakens their long-term position or forfeits the high ground by responding to unbridled aggression with demands for reparations. This isn't an annual treaty web war where they're doing to fight for a couple months, white peace, and then maybe switch sides next time around. This is brutality finally coming up against a hard target that isn't going to accept a hit and run attack.

Edit: and always forgetting the hilarious fact that these horrible unjust demands are coming from the defending side :psyduck:

Edited by Prodigal Moon

The next statement could as well be "water is wet".

I appreciate your addition to your signature as well, it certainly proves my opinions of R&R are entirely correct of where you really stand for alliance friendships.

I'd like to hear more of your intentions of calling in all available allies aggressively against a neutral alliance whom is defending themselves until they see fit against organized tech raiders, or is that outdated?

WTF is not neutral.

Let that bitch know.

Does it matter? Were WTF in breach of some kind of treaty? Did they harm anyone? Did they do anything to deserve to be attacked? These are the real questions.

Everyone knows that WTF is the good guy in this situation

If the outrage on the attacks on WTF are because you think WTF is neutral, than yes it does matter because the basis for such outrage is based on a false premise.  WTF is not neutral.  They are independent, with no treaties.  Its just nobody has tested them because they haven't made anyone want to attack them yet due to their stats. 

Neutral or Independent, the term is interchangable in regards to WTF's feelings towards alliance politics, they have not acted in a provocative manner besides building their nations in peace, they were attacked in this scenario and thus have no reason to submit to their attackers wish they cease inflicting harm upon DBDC's nations, if the rest of your sphere wishes to punish them for having the willpower to stand against being tech raided, then so be it, but you will find the future you create for yourself self fulfilling at that point.

Necessity and nobility have no place in our glorious and bright post hegemony world! This was to be expected after this most recent war, All this has happened before, all this will happen again.

Neutral is not the same as independent.  That is the point.  It is not interchangable, one simply does not apply and is false to apply to WTF. 

Nobody is disputing that WTF was attacked.  Nobody is wanting WTF to just roll over and die, I personally see what WTF is doing is pointless, they are trying to be martrs for a cause that doesn't need martrs.  They could have peace at the end of the round and rebuild to be a formidable force, instead they are suiciding their nations.  They are playing the short term game, blowing their whole load now instead of havign a rebuilding plan to get back on their feet and be a credible force in the future. 

Its ultimately up to them if they want to martr themselves or not, but make no mistake that is what they are doing.  The only reason they get support from people like you is their targets are DBDC.  If DBDC gave WTF nations the same terms WTF gave to DBDC you would be outraged at DBDC.  Therefor we can conclude its not the terms themselves you are mad at, it is only when DBDC does them is when you have a problem with them.

DBDC has never implemented terms like the ones WTF people have talked about.  Your faux outrage is noted, and I remain unimpressed.

I don't recall the last time I threatened to attack someone for defending themselves against a tech raid, if you can provide me with any indication I have ever had a different position, I'd love to hear it, as for faux outrage, you should discuss that with Os, who is apparently appalled that WTF would actually feel they are justified in defending themselves. No other alliance in the history of CN has behaved as DBDC does, to pretend that standard rules apply to them is absurd, and similarly it should be considered absurd that WTF would be asked to simply follow along with DBDC's standard operating procedure of hiding upon other AAs to recover and ensure there is no long term damage to their nations.

If you can explain how it benefits WTF to allow Noob Cake, or any other DBDC member to rearm and recover from war before entering again at a later date against WTF, I'll be sure to make plenty of popcorn to read your riveting tale, hopefully better than Os's was.

I don't recall the last time I threatened to attack someone for defending themselves against a tech raid, if you can provide me with any indication I have ever had a different position, I'd love to hear it, as for faux outrage, you should discuss that with Os, who is apparently appalled that WTF would actually feel they are justified in defending themselves. No other alliance in the history of CN has behaved as DBDC does, to pretend that standard rules apply to them is absurd, and similarly it should be considered absurd that WTF would be asked to simply follow along with DBDC's standard operating procedure of hiding upon other AAs to recover and ensure there is no long term damage to their nations.

If you can explain how it benefits WTF to allow Noob Cake, or any other DBDC member to rearm and recover from war before entering again at a later date against WTF, I'll be sure to make plenty of popcorn to read your riveting tale, hopefully better than Os's was.

well said Mogar i agree fully

Nobody is disputing that WTF was attacked.  Nobody is wanting WTF to just roll over and die, I personally see what WTF is doing is pointless, they are trying to be martrs for a cause that doesn't need martrs.  They could have peace at the end of the round and rebuild to be a formidable force, instead they are suiciding their nations.  They are playing the short term game, blowing their whole load now instead of havign a rebuilding plan to get back on their feet and be a credible force in the future.

No martyrs in WTF,  Suicide is not our endgame.

You're next GPA!

I am every day more surprised of how long we got away with staying there, never going out of our way to try impose our will on others, never trying to build our fortune over the suffering of others. To know that all you have is the fruit of your own, fair and gentle doing is a pride that warmongers - I am not talking of those that just defend their friends - can't imagine. Everyone should try it at least once, but be careful: it's addicting.
The road is the reward.

My nation is a top 250 one and I know that - when it will be "our turn" - the physics of this world probably won't allow it to indefinitely erode its first direct aggressors. I am confident that I can cope with reality.
The same physics will allow it to do many other things, though, and it's not that it will have much else to do, anyway. Only a fool believes that only the actions of others should have consequences, or that they'll get to decide how the others should react to their actions.
Hopefully the smaller ones among the aggressors will thus be OK with lifting the weight on behalf of those that they'll have been enabling, and that will never be able to reciprocate the favor, for all the time it will take for the consequences to fit with my idea of appropriateness. Which unfortunately may translate in a period of time sensibly longer than what they may initially expect.
OK or not, anyway, maybe they'll at least manage to keep the complaints at a minimum? I have already seen unstoppables quickly fail thus I am not entirely sure, TBH, but one can always hope.
At any rate, I am for freedom of choice for everyone, with "everyone" including me. You may say that I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one.

Also good one Jerdge ;)

Thank you, you're too kind. Stars like you are quality audience, the best one can hope for. :wub: Edited by jerdge