This Week in the Network

Schattenmann

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The post he was responding to was someone threatening to declare wars on ODN members.

Which was a reaction to . . .

. . . ODN telling WTF to peace out soon or else.

There's no chicken-egg conundrum here.  We know which came first.

Edited by Schattenmann

Although I assumed you guys were hippies I won't assume it now. In fact I will say that you probably have broken a lot of assumptions about you in the minds of other players as well. 

We fully understand that DBDC provoked this attack on you and you feel wronged by it. I understand everything you guys are saying. ODN has been there in the past actually (though it was super long ago). 

That being said, ODN simply doesn't let friends burn. 

All these suggestions of being at war with DBDC indefinitely or making them pay extreme reparations are not acceptable solutions for us. If there continues to be no alternative solutions then we will have to try something else.

This was my personal favorite of the posts, I'm surprised you didn't select this one Schatt.

Bob doesn't often have the opportunity to set new precedent, but I relish the idea of third party, practically uninvolved alliances soon having the legal and, perhaps, even ethical high ground as to dictate when a war between others is finished.

That is an ability I would use liberally and to great hilarity in world wars.

The post he was responding to was someone threatening to declare wars on ODN members.

Bully for both parties.  Personally I could not care less what happens to WTF or ODN or even DBDC, but I am intrigued as to why ODN think the conventions of CN do not apply to them.  WTF were attacked, for the amusement of many, and have every right to keep every single one of the nations that attacked them, without provocation, at war for as long as it amuses them.  ODN trying to run roughshod over WTF is fantastic, it shows where ODN are really at, but nobody accepts nations at war for a reason.  I know many of us have sought to intervene, politely, on behalf of someone stupid who is out of their depth, but ODN trying to protect someone who thought it was clever to be involved in DBDC's antics and now wants out is pretty laughable.

If you want to be part of the bully boy ring, you really do need to tough it out when things do not go as expected.  ODN getting involved is merely enabling the rewards to outweigh the risks of engaging in antics such as DBDCs Birthday Panty Raid.  WTF should rightly tell ODN to butt out as it is nothing at all to do with them.  ODN can declare war on WTF if it so desires, knowing full well no one cares, but that would mean a risk they might not want to take.  Thumping chests and waving flags only goes so far, so it might be time for ODN to piss or get off the pot?

Either way, good luck to WTF.  It is about time one of these useless alliances did something more than just pick their pimples.

This is actually an attempt to spoil it, so that diplomats don't sign up directly to the WTF forums to see ODN diplomacy in action.
Now WTF's opportunity for greater diplomacy may have been removed... Don't you think of the diplomats, My Dear Shantamantan(tm)?

(OK seriously I am just annoyed that no one will now sign up there to read the famously thrilling and ground-breaking GPA & WTF Q&A thread. My only occasion for fame and glory has gone for good. :( )

This is actually an attempt to spoil it, so that diplomats don't sign up directly to the WTF forums to see ODN diplomacy in action.
Now WTF's opportunity for greater diplomacy may have been removed... Don't you think of the diplomats, My Dear Shantamantan(tm)?

(OK seriously I am just annoyed that no one will now sign up there to read the famously thrilling and ground-breaking GPA & WTF Q&A thread. My only occasion for fame and glory has gone for good. :( )

It's a fine balance.  I think that movers-shakers should definitely get over to www.worldtaskforce.com but I also realize that not everyone who should know about this (the 1000 nations ODN is banking on) can go over and be masked.  It was an internal debate here at This Week in Productions as to whether we should even interject into the neutral ecosystem because we have a real affinity and respect for neutral/isolationists as real gamblers and the most free, most sovereign entities.  In the end, this is a story that needs to be told, and we are journalists.

Bob doesn't often have the opportunity to set new precedent, but I relish the idea of third party, practically uninvolved alliances soon having the legal and, perhaps, even ethical high ground as to dictate when a war between others is finished.

That is an ability I would use liberally and to great hilarity in world wars.

It's been threatened before, during the Legion-Tetris/NSO war. Have to question your ability to do it given your current position however. Edited by WorldConqueror

It's been threatened before, during the Legion-Tetris/NSO war. Have to question your ability to do it given your current position however.

If I recall my history of this place... the last time someone organized a genuine war against a neutral alliance, it was used against them at a later date as part of a myriad of CBs, I don't think current positions will have any relevance as to who will be doing that later on down the road.

edit: If of course ODN elects to back up this threat against WTF.

Edited by Mogar

Specifically I had problems with,

ODNistas vote at rates as low as 13% (during war, when activity is highest);

This simply isn't true (at least not anymore). 

ODN is not an alliance that favors white peace. 

This simply isn't true either or again outdated. This is especially weird since you are in an alliance that supports harsh reps via the same argument you just made (Disorder) 

----

Actually, I think you should have stuck with the beginning since most of the end is just terrible opinion. It perhaps would have been a bit stronger although I guess all you did was post public information? 

I do thank you for your continued obsession. We would be lost without your continued support.

Only in Schattenman's world is engaging someone diplomatically to try to find a way towards peace "threatening to intervene".

WTF are friendly and welcome diplomats until they are subject to rudeness, pomposity and threats from diplomats. If you visit the forums at www.worldtaskforce.com you will see how WTF conduct themselves.

Schattenmann is absolutely correct, It really is funny watching ODN diplomats act tough. Seriously never seen anything like it. It is like seeing a woman dressed as a man.

Anyway.... ODN diplomats where making threats, trying to convince us that WTF was the bad guy for defending themselves etc. Really was pathetic.

If ODN accepts any nation from DBDC that nation will absolutely be attacked. Just like the nations who ran off to DT, DS etc. Its funny watching DBDC members running to other alliances. Just goes to show that they really are kinda useless and cowardly.

Not buying it. Where are the screenshots of skype logs from a year ago?

I'd laugh were they not almost certainly legit.  To be honest there was nothing in them that I wasn't already aware of and strongly suspected.  But it was nice getting the reaffirmation.

FYI: Saying "it's old news" gets tried around here a lot as a defense, but nothing is ever forgotten, you know that.

Hardly a scoop, but some of us are simply too lazy to be searching high and low for such  blatant grandstanding by the ODN.  Schatt simply does the world a favour by bringing ODN's chest thumping to a more accessible arena where we can all delight in true diplomacy in action.

Pretty much sums up the OP.

Note to ODN: When NPO used to do this, they came across with a more local hardass district attorney tone.  Work on it. 

Nice job Schatt, as usual.

This simply isn't true either or again outdated. 

I'd like to hear more of your intentions of calling in all available allies aggressively against a neutral alliance whom is defending themselves until they see fit against organized tech raiders, or is that outdated?

I'd like to hear more of your intentions of calling in all available allies aggressively against a neutral alliance whom is defending themselves until they see fit against organized tech raiders, or is that outdated?

At this point, an attack by Non Grata on WTF would be defensive, not offensive. CT is a rogue and WTF knew it when they accepted him on the AA. Rogues are open season. Most AAs don't accept them for that reason. WTF has decided to expand the war by attacking Non Grata. Guess I'll get to find out what fighting WTF is like after all.

At this point, an attack by Non Grata on WTF would be defensive, not offensive.

Much as we <3 stewie, that's BS.

NG is normally an alliance with the stones to admit what they are doing. ODN didnt really have any respect to lose but you do.

Also good one Jerdge ;)

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

ODN trying to preserve an ally's safety and well-being doesn't surprise me at all, particularly because 99% of the people here don't give a damn about neutrals or soft-neutrals or unaligned, hypocrisy aside. They are protecting (or trying to) a very valuable asset to them (DBDC), so the fake outrage is amusing to behold.

I would have preferred for my ally's government representatives to avoid throwing on the table the weight of their allies, definitely, but I'm willing to chalk it up as rash reaction to a diffficult debate given the information in my possession.