Multiple Players Question

Hunterman1043

Ever since the introduction to the new rule that supposedly allows for multiple players on the same IP as long as no interaction happens, it just seems that more and more people are getting deleted for, at least claiming, exercising that rule.

My question would be in more along the lines of how this is getting determined on who is cheating and who is legitimate? I ask this because my sister, who also plays a lot of online games, is finally interested in CN. However, I have instructed her to NOT create an account for fear that my current almost 6-year nation will get deleted.

Do we have to be on separate computers? Is the mod team investigating via individual MAC addresses per device or just the IP?

Not that I want to be the guy to question the mods, it's just that I'm curious to see if those guys that were deleted were actually operating multis or if the new rule is just a ploy to cull members, and like I said, how it is determined.

Edited by Hunterman1043

I'm pretty sure they're pulling the sibling/spouse/cousin/goldfish excuse after getting caught with multis. Case in point, this one -- apparently his brother is his wife? :wacko:

And then there's this guy's appeal. "Brother"... And yet, in the video he uploaded to his own youtube channel... near the end, he says:

Oh. Pending. Then it must be my other nation, which we passed by on the way here, called 'Rwanda'. I just got this just for a name snatch.

"Brother". Yeah right.

Basically, if you're thinking of creating a second nation and then claiming 'sister', don't. If your actual sibling wants to play, you should be fine. You might want to let a game mod know when/if she joins though.

Yea I'm not a cheater and never have been. That's not my interest. I made my nation to where it's at through my own hard work and determination.

But my point has been made that even legitimate players will get questioned because so many people have abused the system by lying.

I'm not willing to take the risk of us getting deleted so I'm going to continue to tell her to stay out.

Edited by Hunterman1043

I personally wrote moderation and administration in advance to request clearance to create a nation for my wife after getting a clarification on the rules because I thought it was an absolutely banned practice. I'd encourage this approach and to follow to the letter the terms of playing nations on the same ip among your family. Koudoa and I actively avoid all interaction, but I am happy she gets to play the game with me all the same.

Moderators will probably tell you the first step isn't required that you just have to avoid interaction and I was simply paranoid but it's always better to ask first when it comes to this kind of thing.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I personally wrote moderation and administration in advance to request clearance to create a nation for my wife after getting a clarification on the rules because I thought it was an absolutely banned practice. I'd encourage this approach and to follow to the letter the terms of playing nations on the same ip among your family. Koudoa and I actively avoid all interaction, but I am happy she gets to play the game with me all the same.Moderators will probably tell you the first step isn't required that you just have to avoid interaction and I was simply paranoid but it's always better to ask first when it comes to this kind of thing.

We had the same problem: we are two, we live together. We have avoided that problem simply creating a single nation ruled by two empresses.
So: one nation - one IP - one computer.
There cannot be interactions with other nations because we have just only a nation.

Vampir.

We had the same problem: we are two, we live together. We have avoided that problem simply creating a single nation ruled by two empresses.
So: one nation - one IP - one computer.
There cannot be interactions with other nations because we have just only a nation.

Vampir.

Just not the same as having your own country to yourself. She might want to do MLP as a theme one day and I would probably want to keep mine, lol. Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I'm about to be in the same situation; I and my fiancé are going to be living together soon and she is interested in playing. I'd probably do the same as you, Mael, but I'd like to see the new rule in writing and to hear and IG Mod say it publicly however.

Just not the same as having your own country to yourself. She might want to do MLP as a theme one day and I would probably want to keep mine, lol.

I'm about to be in the same situation; I and my fiancé are going to be living together soon and she is interested in playing. I'd probably do the same as you, Mael, but I'd like to see the new rule in writing and to hear and IG Mod say it publicly however.

Thanks to God, we are together since we were 15 yo and we live together since we were 18 yo (next May I will be 49 yo), so we have not great troubles to manage the same nation. Also, I admit the main player and especially roleplayer is Spider, far more than me. She writed all the bio of the nation (I just only added the "anti-anarchism" and the gladiatrices part, and no more).
Personally, I support the actual policy: I don't see other viable solutions, also, I admit it would be impossible for me to not have interactions with her if I would have another nation.

My congratulations Margrave. Even my younger son have just started a cohabitation with his girlfriend (I have no heart to call her "his fiancé": she's less than 18 yo, and my son is less than 17 yo...) and things seems to go wonderfully (apart from the fact in the very first day the two little idiots destroyed an antique clock: never let an antique clock right next the bed of two young beasts :) ).

Vampir. Edited by Greatest Mothers

I highly protest moderators answering OPs question as it will just allow people to figure out how to best cheat. 

If you're legitimately not breaking the rules I doubt you will be deleted, we just have to trust the system. 

I guess this is why you are not a mod?

I highly protest moderators answering OPs question as it will just allow people to figure out how to best cheat. 

If you're legitimately not breaking the rules I doubt you will be deleted, we just have to trust the system. 

"Don't tell us how the rules work, otherwise someone might break the rules".

That's great. Well, you can keep your mystery religion, I'd prefer to know the no-baloney rules, so my nation doesn't get axed for looking funny.