My name is in this, so therefore I must post. :P

I don't know if a congrats is in order for spending eight years here. Instead, I will tell you what you told me the first time I retired: You're one of the good ones, Schatt. Stay salty.

I really had no idea where to go for a partner for CoJ in the beginning and it couldn't have happened without your support at Nemesis.

8 years. Congratulations! Ready for your spanking? :awesome:

I will always remember CoJ as a visionary alliance, one of the very few with the guts and vision to try something different and really put the money where the mouth is. It was a real loss, but I am glad to see Polar is working out well for you.

Thanks, Sigrun.

Your despicable conduct that kicked off the bubblegum war was forgiven in light of the hilarious TwIp. You never really have gotten as close to the level of gold star worthy material for twip as you have with your later offerings. One day maybe, keep on keeping on you disgusting traitorous slimeball.

There ya go folks, anyone who this multiple offence rogue and degenerate Chaos Spawn doesn't like is probably one of the good guys.

To be fair, it was kind of a dick move regardless of how innovative.
I put a lot of lessons learned into CoJ, one was that if I was going to throw an alliance under the bus, it ought to be my own.

As a ruler who came to be in early 2008, you and many of the infamous people you mentioned have always been "those demigods of Bob" in my mind, silly as that sounds to write out. I've never aspired for international spotlight, but the intellectual and philosophical mastery shown by you and the others you spoke of has been something I have always been inspired by and impressed by. 

That being said, congrats on eight years. Bob would without a doubt not be the place it is today without you in it.

I appreciate it, Kahlan.

Congrats. I don't even remember what I did last week.

I think you disbanded MFO last week.

I'm delighted to have been a part of this journey Schatt.

I have always admired the design behind the Bubblegum War, but I could do so only because your plans were uncovered.

I still remember fondly our verbal skirmishes when you were posting leaks from the MHA forums, back in Vox's times... You are one of those that it's really hard to take on, absolutely a valiant opponent. You know that you have my respect.

It's now some time that we don't really chat on IRC, but I know that we will again, sooner or later.

Congratulations on your eight years, My Dear Shantamantan(tm). I look forward to your next feats.

My time in the Cult was a good one. I love the way things operated there. It's been my only other home on Bob and I'd planned on riding it out til the sun consumed Bob. Happy 8th and I thank you for allowing me to join when you did.

Thanks, guys.

Hah, best response ever.

Any future investigative reporting projects, so to speak, in the works?

Well I could tell you, but I've have to kill you.

8 years -- I don't know whether to laud you for longevity or mock you for time frittered away.  In either case, it's sincerely nice to have you on Bob and on the OWF.

candidnewaddbelacig.jpg

Thanks, Walsh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...