TPC and OP - So Happy Together

Some things work surprisingly well together

Take the grilled peanut butter, bacon and banana sandwich.

IMG_3041.jpg

Elvis made it famous and many folks are probably afraid to even try it.

or....

Honeydew Melon wrapped in Prosciutto

honey-cover1-470x260.jpg

I don't like honeydew at all, but if you haven't tried this combo....you are not living life to the fullest.

How about beer and peanut m&m's?

5255576294_b54edef5f9.jpg

If you haven't had it (and of course are of legal age to do so) you need to.

Enough of the food talk though.

TPC and OP have a long history, and most of it may NOT fall directly into the 'goes well together' category.

However, we've always had fun despite our differences and always had a mutual respect which does go very well together.

Well, tonight, we're mixing the beer, bacon, honeydew, nukes, tanks, and everything else and letting it rip.

Sometimes you reap what you sow, and Avengers need some of our attention.

OP and TPC DECLARE WAR on the Avengers.

image12.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't find you ingame

Try now, forgot to update my profile for this round

http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000481

I need people on me, although I think I only have TPC nations in my range

Stats?

Its a bit early out of our last what 4 or 5 wars? I got out of nuke anarchy 2 days ago. Not that Im not ready. But there are definatley more than a handfull of our nations who are war weary/rerolled that needed at least a few more days. Of course you look for a vulnerable time to hit.

Maybe next time we will do the same.

Here I am sitting in bed with out a thought of food on my mind and bam! Now all of a sudden I'm downstairs looking for peanut butter and bananas! There goes my diet and wouldn't you know it.....No bananas!! Guess Ill have to settle for left over pizza :/

If that wasn't bad enough, now I got the damn song stuck in my head.....

Imagine me and you, I do I think about you day and night,

it's only right To think about the girl you love and hold her tight

So happy together

If I should call you up, invest a dime
And you say you belong to me and ease my mind
Imagine how the world could be, so very fine
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

I would have thought that TA would have got at least a few more days out of war before they were attacked.

Regardless, this should be interesting to see how it pans out.

GL to both sides on the wars!

Edited by Burning Glory

Post the stats and when the last time alliances were in wars.  How come nobody does this anymore?

OP- Last extended raid ended on 1/18 (3 weeks ago). I call it this because no single nation took more than 450.5 damage in a single war.

NS at the time of the blitz: 245k

TPC- For all effective purposes, 1/28 were the expiration of their last wars with us. It should be noted that no TPC nation has taken a nuke.

As a side note which I've been meaning to make, http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000026 is absolutely pathetic. 874 casualties as a gov member in the alliance whose description is "The greatest alliance in all of TE." What is worse, we specifically avoided Last Squirrel last war to confirm our suspicions. While his alliance got thrashed, he did not declare a single war to help his comrades.

NS at the time of the blitz: 243k

Avengers: Obviously everyone's target from the start of the round. We've warred constantly. Roughly 200 wars this round, not counting raids. We got out of full nuclear war 6 days ago. Nukes taken this round: roughly 50.

NS at the time of the blitz: 369k
Yes, I'm pissed. I'm more pissed at myself for leaving the alliance for a few days to have fun with some RE brethren, as even my paranoid self did not expect two alliances I once respected to do this.

I'd also like to point out the descriptions of the two alliances who hit us tonight.

OP: TE Elite Alliance. Elite is defined as the most successful or powerful group of people. One would think such a group wouldn't have to avoid war for the first month of the round and then attack with another alliance in order to compete.

TPC:The greatest alliance in all of TE
Now THIS is laughable. You have yet to win a war against us in the three rounds of our existence. Actually, you've never came CLOSE to winning a war with us in the three rounds of your existence. If you do win this war, congratulations. But the fact remains that neither of you could ever taken us 1 on 1, even after the fighting we've done. So, I won't complain about this war anymore, but as least do TE the respect of removing the blatantly false descriptions of your alliances that are shown for all to see. Edited by Das Blitzkrieger

OP- Last extended raid ended on 1/18 (3 weeks ago). I call it this because no single nation took more than 450.5 damage in a single war.

TPC- For all effective purposes, 1/28 were the expiration of their last wars with us. It should be noted that no TPC nation has taken a nuke.

As a side note which I've been meaning to make, http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000026 is absolutely pathetic. 874 casualties as a gov member in the alliance whose description is "The greatest alliance in all of TE." What is worse, we specifically avoided Last Squirrel last war to confirm our suspicions. While his alliance got thrashed, he did not declare a single war to help his comrades.

Avengers: Obviously everyone's target from the start of the round. We've warred constantly. Roughly 200 wars this round, not counting raids. We got out of full nuclear war 6 days ago. Nukes taken this round: roughly 50.

Yes, I'm pissed. I'm more pissed at myself for leaving the alliance for a few days to have fun with some RE brethren, as even my paranoid self did not expect two alliances I once respected to do this.

I'd also like to point out the descriptions of the two alliances who hit us tonight.

OP: TE Elite Alliance. Elite is defined as the most successful or powerful group of people. One would think such a group wouldn't have to avoid war for the first month of the round and then attack with another alliance in order to compete.

Now THIS is laughable. You have yet to win a war against us in the three rounds of our existence. Actually, you've never came CLOSE to winning a war with us in the three rounds of your existence. If you do win this war, congratulations. But the fact remains that neither of you could ever taken us 1 on 1, even after the fighting we've done. So, I won't complain about this war anymore, but as least do TE the respect of removing the blatantly false descriptions of your alliances that are shown for all to see.

spin your words but don't think anyone's going to buy that your the victim here maybe BG but that's it.

Edited by dogbite

Stevie shut up. to call this less then even is a joke and you know as well as i that we have no real advantage here.

None?

Number of nations?  Number of nations with nukes?  Total NS?  War chests?  Not a single real advantage?  Congrats on the up-declare then.  Way to go.

Now THIS is laughable. You have yet to win a war against us in the three rounds of our existence. Actually, you've never came CLOSE to winning a war with us in the three rounds of your existence. If you do win this war, congratulations. But the fact remains that neither of you could ever taken us 1 on 1, even after the fighting we've done. So, I won't complain about this war anymore, but as least do TE the respect of removing the blatantly false descriptions of your alliances that are shown for all to see.

Speak for yourself, love them or hate them but TPC and OP are greats and pioneers of TE. Unlike Avengers, they don't scheme with other aa's to roll and eliminate threats early in the round with ridiculous and overwheling stats. They had to rely on better building/warring methods and a high level of coordination alone. TPC were using temps on a mass level when barely anyone else had heard of it, let alone were talking about doing it.

Don't the Avengers tell those you dogpile to just "deal with it". Perhaps Avengers should take their own advice and quit crying about war when its bought to your doorstep.

I'm retired so I can speak freely now  :)

Stats?

Its a bit early out of our last what 4 or 5 wars? I got out of nuke anarchy 2 days ago. Not that Im not ready. But there are definatley more than a handfull of our nations who are war weary/rerolled that needed at least a few more days. Of course you look for a vulnerable time to hit.

Maybe next time we will do the same.

We should have stats. Everyone should have stats. I'd like to chalk no one having stats up to people being busy, but if you can plan a war you can take a few minutes to get stats. When I used to do it, it would take upwards of 15+ mins if I was doing it in a detailed fashion.

1. Anyone who actually knows Rock, knows how wrong you are on this point. Rock is one of the greatest builders and fighters in the history of TE. I can't even count the number of times he has jumped in wars with odds stacked against him and saved my azz. He's done that for numerous members of TPC for years and has cost himself prizes for the good of the alliance. I've had to thank him personally for giving up his individual aspirations for the good of the alliance multiple times, and each time it hurt on a personal level because I knew he was denying something he could have easily achieved for the betterment of TPC.

Like many, his work schedule--especially recently--takes him completely out of the fight sometimes, but I never have and never will question Rock's intentions or dedication. He is always the first to run to the sound of gunfire if RL allows him to.  

2. Quit fooling yourself. Yes, you guys are the best alliance in TE right now. No one serious would claim otherwise. But the difference between the TPC (and OP) golden ages and yours is that TPC (and OP) didn't make it our MO to wait to war, build out of everyone's range, and either a) wait for some poor sap to hit us like a bug on a windshield or b) jump in on someone else's war to check a box. Your reign is a reign of terror, which is fine--because might makes right, but you are not respected, you are feared. The minute people stop fearing you...I think you know the rest...

I'm retired so I can speak freely now  :)

We should have stats. Everyone should have stats. I'd like to chalk no one having stats up to people being busy, but if you can plan a war you can take a few minutes to get stats. When I used to do it, it would take upwards of 15+ mins if I was doing it in a detailed fashion.

1. Anyone who actually knows Rock, knows how wrong you are on this point. Rock is one of the greatest builders and fighters in the history of TE. I can't even count the number of times he has jumped in wars with odds stacked against him and saved my azz. He's done that for numerous members of TPC for years and has cost himself prizes for the good of the alliance. I've had to thank him personally for giving up his individual aspirations for the good of the alliance multiple times, and each time it hurt on a personal level because I knew he was denying something he could have easily achieved for the betterment of TPC.

Like many, his work schedule--especially recently--takes him completely out of the fight sometimes, but I never have and never will question Rock's intentions or dedication. He is always the first to run to the sound of gunfire if RL allows him to.  

2. Quit fooling yourself. Yes, you guys are the best alliance in TE right now. No one serious would claim otherwise. But the difference between the TPC (and OP) golden ages and yours is that TPC (and OP) didn't make it our MO to wait to war, build out of everyone's range, and either a) wait for some poor sap to hit us like a bug on a windshield or b) jump in on someone else's war to check a box. Your reign is a reign of terror, which is fine--because might makes right, but you are not respected, you are feared. The minute people stop fearing you...I think you know the rest...

People will complain whatever we do though. We've up declared, down declared, been declared on against wirh ridiculous statistical odds.

Fear is a greater motivator than respect. Don't you think we could quietly pair alliances to make wars look good and sweep donations every time? Yes. But your fear of us motivated you. It motivated you to hit us in a time we were vulneravle, and to hit us with the highest ANS alliance in the game. And that's fine. I welcome the fun. But don't paint yourselves to be any better than us, ethically, building wise, or fighting wise, because you fear us.

I can't speak to Rock's past, I've just watched him the last three or four rounds. Besides his avoidance of tough wars, he turtles even more than your leader has.

I look forward to this fight.

Highest avg ns. ^_^ They should have posted stats but currently TPC and OP together have a lower avg ns at 15.627 avg ns. Going off OP's avg ns alone with only 12 nations is just stupid.

Why don't Avengers get some of your members to use their +50-100 mill war chest levels and I'm sure you'll easily manage the highest avg ns. But keep crying.. :smug:

To be fair.....one of avengers members was messaging me telling me they love the declares they have been getting because of casualties. So why are there complaints?

Some of us can fight back to back battles and love every minute of it. Others may be a bit weary not given another 3 to 5 days, having already been in constant war since almost 2 weeks ago with RE, TPC, Misfits, D1, and lastly WD.

Following on from the above, now OP and TPC again to put us at more than 50% of days so far at war. We are taking pretty much all of TE on so please park your nonsense about "golden ages". TPCs has historically been to build and build and wait for everyone else to war. So its a bit rich.

It is not our fault that our competition withered up and died in our first 2 rounds. Waiting to war and building out of range is a joke of an accusation. We have looked to war to keep ourselves lower. You are lucky we went easy on you a few weeks ago. Yet naturally you take this opportunity to hit while SOME of our nations should not be anywhere near war.

To be fair.....one of avengers members was messaging me telling me they love the declares they have been getting because of casualties. So why are there complaints?

This was probably me lol. I mean it's a sucky situation for some of our members who got thrashed historically - and i'm not exactly in a great situation either. 

But might as well make the post of it and enjoy it. 

I think the main point Das and Stevie were trying to make here is that you can't keep trying to paint us as the bad guys and say we're using dodgy tactics etc, and then go around and do exactly the same thing you've accused us of doing. If you want to play it like this it doesn't bother me but at least realise that we're all on the same page here and none of us are the "bad guys" here going around skulking in corners trying to work with others. We all talk to each other and sometimes it works out that cooperating works better than not. Pretending it's not that way is just naive. 

Probably worded really badly cause i'm tired but I hope you guys got the point >.<

Sorry Stevie, 

I guess the guys that made the target lists should have checked out which of your nations actually fought in each war since one of your wars were only some of your nations here and some others there. After that, I guess they should have looked at who has less than 30 mil, and lost more than 450 ns in war previously. That way we could better match up and maybe they would have excluded some nations from the target lists and avoided this nonsense of people that needed to "reroll."  All your members save 1, created within a week of the round starting.

Also, thanks to a "rogue" you only had 2 nations that can hit you, only one has an MP. Just make sure you hit someone else so it doesnt look like your 75 mil WC will go unused. I would hate to be in an alliance where the guy with most money, doesn't help out their alliance mates. I will wait until yalls counter. I hope it comes Before the nukes, not after, but I know how confusion played too.  

Ezeriel, you have enough money, you are fine. I also hit you because I needed to dump my soldiers to hit mandarin with some GAs, his odds were too low. Sorry for the DD, but you seem like you can learn to counter with coordination easy enough. Tell stevie to have more than two wars before the end of the night

TB, I think these were some of the stats that you liked to see in the past

Here are some pre nuke/after blitz  stats grabbed from when the Avengers had a nation over 30k NS

NS                     TPC                   OP               Ave

30k+                     1                     0                 1

25k+                     3                     1                 3

20k+                     4                     6                 6

15k+                     5                    11               15

10k+                    10                   12               19

-10k                      9                    0                  3    

total  Nations       19                   12                22

Nukes                  24                   35                43  

MPs                      5                     9                  9  

SDIs                     4                      7                  5

Edited for formatting

Edited by jmborwell

Some of us can fight back to back battles and love every minute of it. Others may be a bit weary not given another 3 to 5 days, having already been in constant war since almost 2 weeks ago with RE, TPC, Misfits, D1, and lastly WD.

Following on from the above, now OP and TPC again to put us at more than 50% of days so far at war. We are taking pretty much all of TE on so please park your nonsense about "golden ages". TPCs has historically been to build and build and wait for everyone else to war. So its a bit rich.

It is not our fault that our competition withered up and died in our first 2 rounds. Waiting to war and building out of range is a joke of an accusation. We have looked to war to keep ourselves lower. You are lucky we went easy on you a few weeks ago. Yet naturally you take this opportunity to hit while SOME of our nations should not be anywhere near war.

I'm here to fight, not to talk, so I'll keep this simple. 

Stop whining. It's TE. I stand by what I said earlier. Ask anyone who used to fight us how soft we were tactically when we rolled into battle. Hell, some of our greatest accomplishments were through long bloody wars--which came when we were on top and had targets on our backs.

To your credit, you haven't been sitting back this round. That doesn't change the fact that your rep is Avengers is an alliance that either waits to war or jumps in someone else's fight, and that you pretty much down declared this round to get things started. There is a simple solution to this--stop caring and keep doing what you're doing or kill and rule with an iron fist. Nobody is going to care how you spin whatever here--what matters are results. No one can take that away.