safest corner of the cyberverse?

Hereno

Safety is a relative term and it's very much dependent on your Nation Strength and the NS of those around you.  If you're 210k NS and sitting on an alliance of 40k guys, you're in a very bad position, safety-wise.  I'll probably raid you out of principle alone.

If you're a 40k guy on the DBDC AA, you're life is going to be hell.  Our esteemed friends at RIA will make sure you pay for the sins of your betters.

There are a lot of factors at play though

• how likeable/respected/connected are you, and your alliance?
  • what is your personal tech/infra ratio?
  • who wants you protected?
  • what is your goal in CN?  Are you trying to just build as much infra as possible or be the next Dulra?

if your goal is to just have fun with a good community, then stats will be secondary to you, and you can go anywhere except Polar and have a reasonably good time.  If your goal is to be inundated with dogma and cult-like preaching, then perhaps NpO is a decent home for you.  

Bottom line there's a seat for every tuchas and safety is extremely fleeting.  Best to enjoy the time you have and align yourself with those people who share your values.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safety is a relative term and it's very much dependent on your Nation Strength and the NS of those around you.  If you're 210k NS and sitting on an alliance of 40k guys, you're in a very bad position, safety-wise.  I'll probably raid you out of principle alone.

If you're a 40k guy on the DBDC AA, you're life is going to be hell.  Our esteemed friends at RIA will make sure you pay for the sins of your betters.

There are a lot of factors at play though

• how likeable/respected/connected are you, and your alliance?
  • what is your personal tech/infra ratio?
  • who wants you protected?
  • what is your goal in CN?  Are you trying to just build as much infra as possible or be the next Dulra?

if your goal is to just have fun with a good community, then stats will be secondary to you, and you can go anywhere except Polar and have a reasonably good time.  If your goal is to be inundated with dogma and cult-like preaching, then perhaps NpO is a decent home for you.  

Bottom line there's a seat for every tuchas and safety is extremely fleeting.  Best to enjoy the time you have and align yourself with those people who share your values.

I don't see the reason for sassing Polar here. However....

You can be safe relatively anywhere if you're smart. You don't even have to be particularly liked. You're better off if you stay under everyone's radar. If you're politically inactive, hats off to you. You're most likely safe unless you're in an extremely offensive alliance. Then you're just neglectful of your surroundings.

And now now Mr. Cuba, no need to be a meaniepie and threaten raiding.

Now now, that is not going to happen. We have an NAP, and the RIA doesn't violate treaties. Even back in the age where NAPs were changing from being a thing to being nearly non-existent, we never disregarded NAPs, we never declared war on an NAP partner due to superseding treaties. I don't think any alliance in CN will argue against the reliability of our word.

Now now, that is not going to happen. We have an NAP, and the RIA doesn't violate treaties. Even back in the age where NAPs were changing from being a thing to being nearly non-existent, we never disregarded NAPs, we never declared war on an NAP partner due to superseding treaties. I don't think any alliance in CN will argue against the reliability of our word.

And I still support my assertion that RIA is the most honorable alliance in CN (100% serious).  It is quite a shame that DBDC and RIA have come to such violent acts against each other, but that's a tragedy for another thread and perhaps you are right about wanting to mend fences.  I don't doubt RIA's word, I was just speaking hypothetically and historically.

I don't see the reason for sassing Polar here. However....

You can be safe relatively anywhere if you're smart. You don't even have to be particularly liked. You're better off if you stay under everyone's radar. If you're politically inactive, hats off to you. You're most likely safe unless you're in an extremely offensive alliance. Then you're just neglectful of your surroundings.

And now now Mr. Cuba, no need to be a meaniepie and threaten raiding.

You're right I should take the high road.

I myself left an alliance because I feared my own future safety.  I was originally in The Dark Templar but I voiced concerns about my future protection from (you guessed it) raids.  So I joined Umbrella and was able to grow as aggressively as I could, and enjoy a great community and stellar nation builders.  Not to mention the SBSC!

Eventually the NS got to the point where I was able to branch out and do my own thing, but at no point was it just 'easy' or handed to me.  Safety, like everything else has to be actively earned and protected.  Even the neutrals are showing us that mere safety in numbers only lasts for so long.  If you choose to actively isolate/alienate yourself politically, its only a matter of time before someone kicks your door down.

I myself left an alliance because I feared my own future safety.  I was originally in The Dark Templar but I voiced concerns about my future protection from (you guessed it) raids.  So I joined Umbrella and was able to grow as aggressively as I could, and enjoy a great community and stellar nation builders.  Not to mention the SBSC!

Eventually the NS got to the point where I was able to branch out and do my own thing, but at no point was it just 'easy' or handed to me.  Safety, like everything else has to be actively earned and protected.  Even the neutrals are showing us that mere safety in numbers only lasts for so long.  If you choose to actively isolate/alienate yourself politically, its only a matter of time before someone kicks your door down.

I see no reason for fear. Fear holds you back. There are many things out of your hands, why fear the inevitable?

Growth is of no importance to me. This is my third nation. It has certainly been a charm. This is settled as I've ever been. I've surrounded myself with individuals who are extremely like minded. We have the same goals and I've been with them for a year and half. Yes, we are isolationists, but we do not alienate ourselves from CN. Yet we haven't been rolled and have had no power struggles, no issues with outside alliances, and really we've only ever had one hiccup with loyalty/a coward(who you're housing and I personally was oh so happy to be rid of). 

So tell me, how safe do you think I(we) are? 

Kashmir is probably the safest. No treaty ties forcing us to do anything combined with good friends we've fought alongside means we get to pick the fights without being treaty chained into wars that don't matter to our sovereignty or our friendships.

I see no reason for fear. Fear holds you back. There are many things out of your hands, why fear the inevitable?

Growth is of no importance to me. This is my third nation. It has certainly been a charm. This is settled as I've ever been. I've surrounded myself with individuals who are extremely like minded. We have the same goals and I've been with them for a year and half. Yes, we are isolationists, but we do not alienate ourselves from CN. Yet we haven't been rolled and have had no power struggles, no issues with outside alliances, and really we've only ever had one hiccup with loyalty/a coward(who you're housing and I personally was oh so happy to be rid of). 

So tell me, how safe do you think I(we) are?

Alliance Name:III Percent

:facepalm:

Alliance Name:III Percent

:facepalm:

I think you need to look in the mirror friend. Clearly. Get a good hard look. 

EDIT: BTW anything said here does not reflect what III% feels as an alliance. My own opinion.

Edited by Lady Dakota

I still think the neutrals are the safest place to be. I'm sure all of them will eventually lose any nations they have in the top 250, but below 270 or so you're good to go based on the ability to avoid the DBDC heavy hitters, and the numbers they have down there.

Sure, there's always the risk of another true Woodstock Massacre - meaning a full NS range beatdown like you'd see in a global war. But that's just not in anyone's interests, and hasn't been since Karma broke up the hegemony held by the Continuum. In a multipolar world, no one wants to waste their resources in a war of attrition with someone who's not even in the political game.

Thanks, I'll use this in our recruitment thread!

I think you need to look in the mirror friend. Clearly. Get a good hard look. 

EDIT: BTW anything said here does not reflect what III% feels as an alliance. My own opinion.

Hm? I've never claimed that I or my alliance has "no issues with outside alliances". That would be a pretty hilarious thing for me to claim.

I just found it funny that you claimed that II% has "no issues with outside alliances", when it's less than a month or two since you last declared a war for no sensible reason at all. Your description of your alliance was a bit off from the reality the rest of us perceive, which is what was so funny.

So.....you're saying the SBSC is the safest place in Cybernations, eh?

Hm? I've never claimed that I or my alliance has "no issues with outside alliances". That would be a pretty hilarious thing for me to claim.

I just found it funny that you claimed that II% has "no issues with outside alliances", when it's less than a month or two since you last declared a war for no sensible reason at all. Your description of your alliance was a bit off from the reality the rest of us perceive, which is what was so funny.

Oh yes, where are my manners? One day is surely an all out global war. Maybe for you, but not the rest of the Planet Bob. As for the reason, why don't you ask Bobdole? 

Hereno, I object to the premise of your OP. Who wants their to be safety? I find that whole concept contemptible. Nowhere should be safe for any nation and any alliance in CN.

The neutrals have got away with their isolationism and cowardice for so long because in the mechanics of CyberNations war is unprofitable. The little you can loot is not worth it if the other person nukes you. The moment it would be profitable for us to plunder our opponents I guarantee even the most 'friendly' of alliances would be gearing up for war against the neutrals.

for the longest time, the neutrals were considered one of the safest places in the game, with many of them not even bothering to learn how to fight. the woodstock massacre became a page in the CN wiki that many of the people playing had only ever read about.

now their safety is being called into question once again.

but if the neutrals are no longer safe, what is the new safest place to be in the cyberverse?

could it be in alliances who skip wars or limit their engagement to grow mostly interrupted?

or maybe it is in the dominant sphere in the CN upper tier, who pick their battles and effectively rule the roost

of course, it is also possible that the neutrals are still the safest place for your normal CN player.

thoughts?

Still neutrals. Sure people can attack them. People always could attack them. Just because somebody did it, doesn't make them any less neutral.