GPA Hall of Fame: 2015 Nominations

Snicks

What's the current Hall of Fame, Snickers?  I need to know who I can nominate.

Good point. Updated OP with the same link Jerdge posted.

Okay, I did my research and I'd like to nominate the following members:

fluffyiscool009 - 007 and his Martinis were the tip of the iceberg.  Fluff has never been so cool... 009.

N64dude - Was he high when he chose this name.  The answer is maybe.

ISTINGBEES - Obviously.

captain vince - Choo choo.

hellrazortr - raze the roof.

Sosorry, Luckao, but "Members" is the key word here - two of those applicants just got booted for exceeding the slacker scale, two of them will likely follow suit soon enough, and one is a trainee. All your lengthy research for naught. Looks like it's back to the drawing board for you.   

Another whole year of doing nothing and you want to add someone to the long list of people who have avoided the world at all costs.  Laughable

Of course! Severe social anxiety shouldn't be frowned upon or laughed at. It's a mental illness, AlmightyGrub. Have pity on those of us who are afflicted. We need a place to reside and a time of year to celebrate.  ^_^  

I like you Jerdge.  The comment stands.  The only person in the last 5 years who has engaged with the world at large is you.  To suggest someone else deserves something for cowering in the shadows is laughable.

Off the record, that social anxiety to the outside world shouldn't be mistaken for occurring internally - the GPA is practically a nudist colony nowadays; in other words, there is no cowering at home. It's all out in the open!

Self nominating allowed  :P ?

I don't see why not (although someone correct me if I'm mistaken). 

So would you like to opt for the shameless plug, xoin? To be honest, you've certainly been around the block a few times - you should be on everyone's HoF list.  :P

I nominate O Ya Baby

Talk about excitement, Cuba. That would give Ennui the Boring a major heart attack, and he's too entertaining to the masses to be put out of commission. He needs things to be consistently and utterly dull. 

I enjoyed my time in GPA, but it was only for the first four months of my nations existence and that is a drop in the bucket compared to many other members.  I nominate everyone who hasn't been voted in that I nominated last time.

I took the first five you posted last year and added them above, TBR. You also had a second set of five if you were able to include more. 

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far. 

Snicks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sosorry, Luckao, but "Members" is the key word here - two of those applicants just got booted for exceeding the slacker scale, two of them will likely follow suit soon enough, and one is a trainee. All your lengthy research for naught. Looks like it's back to the drawing board for you.

Challenge accepted:

Jesus the King 2 - Who doesn't like a good sequel.

Oscar Frisk - Watch out, ladies.

Soulstealer316 - And that's the bottom line...

Doom Potato - This one's trouble.

His Dudeness - Because I can't have Nintendodude64.

You're welcome.

In addition to Dragonshy and Kurdanak, which I nominated in the GPA forums, I nominate/second the self-nomination of Holy Ruler.

Here you are bro, you're welcome.

[hr]
I also spend my fourth nomination for D34th. He gifted CN with his great graphic talent and with his relentless polemics. Loyal as the most loyal of friends, he never stopped being a good sport about pretty much everything, and he's inexorable in his dislikings like - well - Death itself. Truly a notable character among us hippies! :)

Edited by jerdge

Sorry guys but I'm not sure I'm worthy of being in the Hall of Fame.

Don't get me wrong I'm honoured and all but I only ever helped out. I really don't think I deserve it. There are a load of agency people who should be in there far before me.

Sorry guys but I'm not sure I'm worthy of being in the Hall of Fame.
Don't get me wrong I'm honoured and all but I only ever helped out. I really don't think I deserve it. There are a load of agency people who should be in there far before me.

In all honesty, in the time you stayed with us you've been a first class member. I actually agree that others would deserve making the HoF more than you, anyway, but it's nice to see that you didn't lose an ounce of your class or of your nice. Not that I had any doubt.
It's just too bad that you left, and we both know why it was that dimension of bad. :(

I agree with this.

Tywin, unlike others I don't judge your posts because of alignment or personal disliking. Unless you somehow know anything about Stewie's time in the Agency - but I can't imagine how you could - I think you just missed a good opportunity to shut up and avoid earning discredit among those that don't have a particular reason to dislike you.
We do love our little Stewie, and I doubt you can understand how and why.

I must admit-- this is one of the more ridiculous threads here.

You say you did this before? Hahaha, shame I didnt manage to notice this prior it is great for a laugh.

So a neutral alliance is asking the general populace to nominate a(n) (ex)GPA member for their hall of fame?

What are the general populace to judge on, when the entire point of GPA member's interaction with the outside world is to be neutral and engage into meaningless and mind numbing exchanges. We obviously cant judge on internal contribution, since we aren't members and do not know about that and that is the only real criteria one could have in this case since you are no international movers, makers, shakers or breakers. So to what this turns into is friends bumping friends.

Top notch stuff GPA, let no one say you cant be funny.

Another whole year of doing nothing and you want to add someone to the long list of people who have avoided the world at all costs.  Laughable

/me huggles Grub. :wub:

Also, thank you Jerdge :wub:

Oh, and Branimir, it isn't just about (ex)members who contributed to GPA but to the cyberverse as a whole, for example, your comrade Mary the Fantabulous. There are a lot of such figures, as Azaghal for example too.

Edited by D34th

You say you did this before? Hahaha, shame I didnt manage to notice this prior it is great for a laugh.

So a neutral alliance is asking the general populace to nominate a(n) (ex)GPA member for their hall of fame?

What are the general populace to judge on, when the entire point of GPA member's interaction with the outside world is to be neutral and engage into meaningless and mind numbing exchanges. We obviously cant judge on internal contribution, since we aren't members and do not know about that and that is the only real criteria one could have in this case since you are no international movers, makers, shakers or breakers. So to what this turns into is friends bumping friends.

For a nation that's been around quite a while, it's funny how little you know much about the GPA. And it's funny that you didn't know this existed.  :v:

As a former member of GPA myself, I can tell you with some experience that while there are times when her members shy away from certain types of interactions with the general populous of Bob, many and more enjoy observing and commenting on the political climate. The official policy of the Green Protection Agency is neutrality in politics, but her members aren't ignorant or braindead. They have opinions, too. They do have diplomats, and embassies in alliances around the world. And as D34th said, many GPAers and former GPAers made great impacts on the world stage. Asking for nominations from the community at large allows them to draw from a large pool of former members who know or knew people who made significant internal contributions. 

For a nation that's been around quite a while, it's funny how little you know much about the GPA. And it's funny that you didn't know this existed.  :v:

I'm not sure how seriously I would take his claim. He's been a committed hater of the GPA since at least ~2007, and is likely just saying whatever he thought would make a good slam.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
I think that you started well, but then you got carried away too much.
I have this sensation that you actually understand very well what this is about, and you know all the replies to your questions. Should that not be the case please anyway feel free to contact us/post again (in some credible manner) and we'll probably be happy to explain ourselves.

My last nomination is for Sigrun Vapneir. While the Lady's contributions to the Agency are probably long forgotten by most, her post-GPA career of most successful super-tiny-micro leader is unparalleled and unmatched... Only the PPF can maybe stand in comparison with CA.
Fun fact about Sigrun: in 2007 she handled the defense against a rogue nation. Not a notable fact in itself, but for the fact that the defending GPA nation was ThePromisedLand!
[spoiler]Not Cuba's, a more ancient one. :P[/spoiler] Edited by jerdge

Oh, and Branimir, it isn't just about (ex)members who contributed to GPA but to the cyberverse as a whole, for example, your comrade Mary the Fantabulous. There are a lot of such figures, as Azaghal for example too.

So, GPA enters into their hall of fame people for deeds that they did for other alliances.

While it is nice that they recognized the deeds of a Pacifican such as Mary, it is somewhat interesting to do from their point of view as she did it for New Pacific Order not having GPA even in the back of her mind while doing it.

Actually, its quite silly really. I hope you realize just how much. For example, you know Marry took part in 'Woodstock', right?

Ex-members are ex-members and the deeds they do for others hardly warrant your hall of fame.

For a nation that's been around quite a while, it's funny how little you know much about the GPA. And it's funny that you didn't know this existed.

It is more so funny to me you would comment that as you did. GPA is irrelevant to my interests as they do nothing therefore in the political landscape with many actors that do it is truly a waste of time and a form of luxury to bother with them.

As for the rest of your post, thread addresses the general populace which I already explained is quite pointless. If they want to reach parts of their ex members that would still care-- public part of their board suffices.

I'm not sure how seriously I would take his claim. He's been a committed hater of the GPA since at least ~2007, and is likely just saying whatever he thought would make a good slam.

'Committed hater of GPA'? Now that is even more ridiculous than this thread, kudos hahaha

How could one actually hate GPA? That requires a level of care and emotional investment which I or anyone else for that matter, couldn't possibly have about an alliance that does nothing but just exist. Do not confuse lack of respect for, which I and many others have for GPA, with hate. Respect is earned, not given and since GPA doesn't do anything that could earn respect therefore lack of it for it.

You can only hate someone or something that did something to you or to someone you care for which would result in such an emotion.

I believe this is my first post in a GPA thread or GPA related topic in years.

I think that you started well, but then you got carried away too much.
I have this sensation that you actually understand very well what this is about, and you know all the replies to your questions.

It is funny what narratives people can create from nothing so to make some kind of response when they have none to make.

Thanks guys. Besides the silliness of this thread, your responses were even better :D. From all the alliances out there, as Polar, Pacifica, ex Shrooms, IRON, Umbrella, Paradoxians, GATO, ODN, Non Grata etc., etc., which members made and shaped the political landscape of the world in the interests of their alliances and allies and which names are known in each corner of the world.....GPA is the one to make this thread.... hahaha oh boy

Carry on now

In addition to Dragonshy and Kurdanak, which I nominated in the GPA forums, I nominate/second the self-nomination of Holy Ruler.

Here you are bro, you're welcome.

[hr]
I also spend my fourth nomination for D34th. He gifted CN with his great graphic talent and with his relentless polemics. Loyal as the most loyal of friends, he never stopped being a good sport about pretty much everything, and he's inexorable in his dislikings like - well - Death itself. Truly a notable character among us hippies! :)

Thanks for the nomination.

Onwards to me being in that Hall.

Yeah Branimir, my sensation was right. Strange that you waste your time with this worthless stuff, isn't it? In fact I doubt you think you have been wasting your time. I'll leave it at that, thank you for your visit. :)

So, GPA enters into their hall of fame people for deeds that they did for other alliances.

I'm glad that you almost understood. The achievements not necessarily needs to be made exclusively while in GPA, even if all the receipts made also good deeds for GPA as members before leave.