DBDC celebrates it's 2nd birthday in style

technically it was prior to the Karma war, the date we use was the initial DoE, but the real date was lost because I was inactive during the whole alliance update thing and since at that time there was only a couple of us still on the AA it ended up being deleted/reset :(

I think the new incarnation was earlier than 2 years ago because we fought you prior to 2 years ago.  We declared on you January 18th 2013 and I think you had been in existence well before that.

Edited by masterbake

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the new incarnation was earlier than 2 years ago because we fought you prior to 2 years ago.  We declared on you January 18th 2013 and I think you had been in existence well before that.

So as it turns out, 72 hours after Gramlins declares war on you is when you are officially born.  I'm certain there's a mogwai reference that can support this.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/114848-dbdc-doetreatydow/?hl=%2Bdoombird+%2Bdoomcave

There was a DoE during Equilibrium war. Did any of you sign BIBO and actually pay the blood out? Or was that practice abolished as part of the terms of that war?

Well Sighet paid the ultimate price and Methax fell asleep at the wheel, but BIBO was their baby.  If Tayloj ever leaves I'll happily (hoppily?) exact BIBO on Methax's behalf.

ooc/ So there's an outside chance that Jan.18, the true birthday, was inconvenient and so we celebrated on a non-weekend.  Bit backward, but that's CN for ya!  /ooc

Sept 2012 is when tayloj "left" Umbrella and started the DBDC AA.

Realistically DBDC proper probably started around March 2013 i.e. after the EQ surrender where most of us went back to the Umb/MK/etc AA's. It probably really came to life around Sept 2013 after l0c0 started his raiding and MK disbanded. Although I just re-read the post where TB fleshed out his ideas for a "proper" DBDC post-EQ back in Feb 2013 so I guess around then might be more fitting.

Although I just re-read the post where TB fleshed out his ideas for a "proper" DBDC post-EQ back in Feb 2013 so I guess around then might be more fitting.

Scary isn't it?  One of the top 3 posts I think I've ever read in terms of accuracy and content.

So as it turns out, 72 hours after Gramlins declares war on you is when you are officially born.  I'm certain there's a mogwai reference that can support this.

Perhaps we can test this theory somehow.

Are there any other fledgling alliances looking to be born? We can DoW you and only a few days later you will be brought to life!

Perhaps we can test this theory somehow.

Are there any other fledgling alliances looking to be born? We can DoW you and only a few days later you will be brought to life!

I still get told I dont exist occasionally. Onams and I could fight a duel and then the next time someone tells me I dont exist Gremlins stomp. Deal?

:awesome:

Sept 2012 is when tayloj "left" Umbrella and started the DBDC AA.

Realistically DBDC proper probably started around March 2013 i.e. after the EQ surrender where most of us went back to the Umb/MK/etc AA's. It probably really came to life around Sept 2013 after l0c0 started his raiding and MK disbanded. Although I just re-read the post where TB fleshed out his ideas for a "proper" DBDC post-EQ back in Feb 2013 so I guess around then might be more fitting.

Do you have a link to the DBDC prophecy?

Edited by Timmehhh

• 2 weeks later...

well i nevah !

i got this invite to this ere partay ... but now some of the hosts are leaving the party early ????

how gauche !

now i do appreciate the opportunity to tango with Miss Cuba.  never thought i'd have a chance with a haughty beauty like that, but i will endeavour to humanize her.  wish i could say the same for her fleeting sisters in arms ...

well i nevah !

i got this invite to this ere partay ... but now some of the hosts are leaving the party early ????

how gauche !

now i do appreciate the opportunity to tango with Miss Cuba.  never thought i'd have a chance with a haughty beauty like that, but i will endeavour to humanize her.  wish i could say the same for her fleeting sisters in arms ...

Shots fired?