Iraqi-Nordisk Rike Diplomacy

Lysergide

[Closed RP: Allowed - Lysergide, Greywall]

Diplomatic Note from Nordisk Rike

We had inquired about the possibility of our two governments having a representative meet each other. We would be delighted to do so, we only wish to know if you would like to meet us here in our nation, or you would like us to send someone to your nation?

-Nordisk Rike Diplomatic Corp

• 2 weeks later...

The Jarl of Domestic would be dispatched via private jet to Iraq to meet with an Iraqi Representative. The Iraqi Government would be informed Arn Rangval's departure and his intended arrival to the airport of Baghdad. The Nordisk Government would also request that the Iraqi government keep the meeting low key and try not to draw unwanted attention towards the proceedings.

• 2 weeks later...

He would extend his hand to shake the hand of President Usbara before responding. "It is indeed a pleasure to meet a man of your esteem and stature within your nation. I do apologize on the delay of my travels from the first time we made contact, but there were some pressing internal issues that needed to be completed before I could depart from the Nordisk Rike. I hope this does not offend you."

Usbara shook Rangval's hand, "I am a hard man to offend, please have a seat". Usbara would point to a leather chair in the room they were residing in, one of the many offices Usbara had built into the palace, spared no expense to show off the wealth of the Republic the room was littered with new furnishing and Babylonian artifacts. "I have coffee and tea if you'd like any" 

"Tea would be lovely, thank you." He would pull back the chair before letting himself down into the seat. "I must say I am quite impressed by the wealth and splendor of your country as far as I have seen it so far. Your country seems to have done well for itself despite the hard and trying times that this world has seen, obviously I must be forward and ask, for a history with so much division among its people, how does your nation find itself now? Is it more unified than before or is it still suffering from these same problems?"

Usbara gave a dry laugh, "No country, none, is completely unified. I have Kuwaiti who believe they'll fare better without our protection. Islamic radicals who want me to implement Sharia law, separatist along the West and then I have the lovely Kurds who supported our republic but now talk about a Kurdistan pfft. But we keep order through a long complicated system that we in the business that we both involve ourselves in call...democracy" 

Usbara walked across the room taking a sip of coffee letting his guest take in his monologue, "I remind the Kuwaiti the strength of our military, I let the radicals know they should be happy to even practice that ancient religion, I pay off the separatist with oil money and I let the Kurds have more weight in the senate than they should. That Mr. Rangval is why this republic is the most successful of its kind in a country such as this. But I do apologize, what brings the Rike here?"

"Well to be quite forward, the Rike wishes to engage with your nation in the interests of trade, defense, and mutual military co-operation. We are both oil nations, so we have the capacity to control that trade end rather well together, you also sit in a very important part of the world, access to the Indian Ocean, with the ability to cut off trade from the Suez. I think this should be monopolized and the Rike would openly endorse actions taken by your nation if its interests do wish to see control of a major trade route, as well as the ability to control a major Ocean. We believe that despite the distance both of our nations stand to benefit heavily from each other. What are your thoughts on this?" He would lean back in the chair and fold his hands in his lap as he waited patiently for the President to take all of that in.

• 2 weeks later...

"So then I should assume you are receptive to this idea, are there any concerns in regards to this matter? Particular points you would wish to discuss? I mean it would be wonderful to include you in our list of treaties, but I am sure with how little you know about our nations that you would have some concerns and questions, so feel free to ask."

• 3 weeks later...

"So then I should assume you are receptive to this idea, are there any concerns in regards to this matter? Particular points you would wish to discuss? I mean it would be wonderful to include you in our list of treaties, but I am sure with how little you know about our nations that you would have some concerns and questions, so feel free to ask."

"Of course it would fit with our nations goals, securing peace in the Middle East and uniting the region under our Republic. My only question is, what exactly does Nordisk Rike require from the Iraqi Republic and how does a treaty with our republic affect your current stance in Europe?"

"Easy you sit at a very important point in which you could seize control of the Persian Gulf, the Gulf of Oman, the Red Sea, the Gulf of Aden, and you also sit in a position in which you could gain easy control of the Arabian Sea. This is a very important trade route, and you would have the ability to control all trade in and out of Europe coming from Asia and heading towards Asia. With outside interference removed as a possibility, it would allow us and our allies to dictate matters of state to others in Europe as well as put us as the only true strength in the region, and would allow us to exert our power against other nations that are on other continents by strangling their flow of supplies as well as presenting our military presence before them."