CNRP Ascending GM Hall

Rudolph

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've offered plenty of compromises to Markus.  He has never even once offered even the slightest compromise.  Ever.  If you've never noticed that then you are blind.

The difference is whilst you have offered 'compromise' from a positon of strength, Markus has never needed to offer compromise. Your idea of compromise is laughable and tbh, can't really be taken seriously.

Sure, if you say so, Zoot.  At least I've offered time and again to compromise, something Markus has never once offered to do, even the littlest bit.  I saved his bacon twice in the past by offering or brokering compromises, and offered to save his bacon once again by peacefully offering to pull out.  Me and Mr Director could have easily beaten Alvonia, so yes, he really did need to compromise here, but he didn't, instead he chose to make ridiculous demands.  Why would I agree to give him Burgenland when there wasn't even an Alvonia to give it to, and when Markus didn't even have any hope of winning? 

But I am done arguing with you people.  I've already given my land back to Rudy as a protectorate.

Sure, if you say so, Zoot.  At least I've offered time and again to compromise, something Markus has never once offered to do, even the littlest bit.  I saved his bacon twice in the past by offering or brokering compromises, and offered to save his bacon once again by peacefully offering to pull out.  Me and Mr Director could have easily beaten Alvonia, so yes, he really did need to compromise here, but he didn't, instead he chose to make ridiculous demands.  Why would I agree to give him Burgenland when there wasn't even an Alvonia to give it to, and when Markus didn't even have any hope of winning? 

But I am done arguing with you people.  I've already given my land back to Rudy as a protectorate.

Oh stop whining. You're being immensely childish right now and it's extremely unbecoming. You keep trying to use OOC justifications for IC demands/actions, and I'll have you remember that that is entirely against the rules. Alvonia's not going to be like "Oh, these people invading us did some nice things for us in the past, better roll over and let them walk all over us." It's ridiculous, and Zoot is correct. As I had stated previously, your idea of compromise is "I get everything I want and you get nothing. Deal?" and that's !@#$%^&*.

Besides which, I think you're missing the fact that Alvonia just won, so your assertion that there was no hope of that is kind of self defeating isn't it?

But go ahead, didn't get your way so you're going to leave the RP, how original.

Edited by Shave N Haircut

I have major problems with directors post here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125724-fur-das-vaterland/?p=3368023

I'll make a list:

1) Ballistic missiles dont carry electronic warfare suites

2) Ballistic missiles dont carry decoys

3) Ballistic missiles CANNOT do evasive manouvers at the best of times, nevermind in the terminal phase of attack. (This is why they made anti ship ballistic missiles because they can move slightly)

4) You cannot stealth shield a missile to hide it or in any way reduce its profile enough to make it hard to detect due to the massive rocket firing out of the back of it giving it a whopping great big heat signature.

Alvonian missiles fired at the Belorussian missile launchers would do little good, as the launchers had been moved to different locations after they had fired their missiles.

5) This is godmodding, it takes more than a few minutes to unpack, fire and repack and start moving a mobile missile unit, Markus's missiles had already bee fired and would be travelling at over a thousand mph. Common sense would dictate that alot of these sites would of been hit.

7) The Mig-31 doesnt carry an electronic warfare suite as far as I know either.
8) The Kh-58 missile has a range of 120km, not 250km.
9) Iskander missiles cannot be retargetted, nor can they hit moving targets because they are ballistic missiles.

I would recommend some basic research and alterations to the post itself to reflect the inaccuracies.

-EDIT-
Disclaimer, if anything in the above is wrong, feel free to point it out with a source link proving it.

Double edit:

removed point 6 as i was proven wrong.

Edited by John Connor

I have major problems with directors post here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125724-fur-das-vaterland/?p=3368023

I'll make a list:

1) Ballistic missiles dont carry electronic warfare suites

2) Ballistic missiles dont carry decoys

3) Ballistic missiles CANNOT do evasive manouvers at the best of times, nevermind in the terminal phase of attack. (This is why they made anti ship ballistic missiles because they can move slightly)

4) You cannot stealth shield a missile to hide it or in any way reduce its profile enough to make it hard to detect due to the massive rocket firing out of the back of it giving it a whopping great big heat signature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K720_Iskander

This here seems to argue otherwise.

5) This is godmodding, it takes more than a few minutes to unpack, fire and repack and start moving a mobile missile unit, Markus's missiles had already bee fired and would be travelling at over a thousand mph. Common sense would dictate that alot of these sites would of been hit.

It also takes time to know that you're getting hit by missiles, send a message to command saying that you're getting hit by missiles, having command send a message ordering people to calculate where the missiles are coming from, having the coordinates sent back, transferring the coordinates to a functioning airbase, readying a missile to hit the coordinates, loading the missile, and then sending the bomber off to shoot shit. I mean, I'm assuming that there was a reason that

shoot-and-scoot worked so well for protecting Iraq's Scud missiles.

7) The Mig-31 doesnt carry an electronic warfare suite as far as I know either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_MiG-31

"The MiG-31 aircraft can be used effectively in conditions of active opposition from the opponents: the use of active and passive radar jammers and thermal launch false targets."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS-11_Kilter

"Kh-58U :250 km (130 nmi)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K720_Iskander

This here seems to argue otherwise.

It also takes time to know that you're getting hit by missiles, send a message to command saying that you're getting hit by missiles, having command send a message ordering people to calculate where the missiles are coming from, having the coordinates sent back, transferring the coordinates to a functioning airbase, readying a missile to hit the coordinates, loading the missile, and then sending the bomber off to shoot !@#$. I mean, I'm assuming that there was a reason that

shoot-and-scoot worked so well for protecting Iraq's Scud missiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_MiG-31

"The MiG-31 aircraft can be used effectively in conditions of active opposition from the opponents: the use of active and passive radar jammers and thermal launch false targets."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS-11_Kilter

"Kh-58U :250 km (130 nmi)"

KH:58U > yes, the 'U' varient, you never specified.

MiG-31BM- yes, the 'BM varient', you never specified.

Missles can be detected at the point of launch by the use of thermal imaging satellites, wether markus has RP'd developing these I dont know. Missiles can be fired from the ground aswell by a direct feed, you dont need to get a bomber in the air to fire it.

Those are SCUDs, not mobile surface to air, that was also over twenty years ago, it still took around thirty minutes to get the TEL moving to nearby Wadis and hardcover. Not to mention the EM shit the coalition was struggling with which caused the SCUD's to be hard to identify.

KH:58U > yes, the 'U' varient, you never specified.

MiG-31BM- yes, the 'BM varient', you never specified.

Missles can be detected at the point of launch by the use of thermal imaging satellites, wether markus has RP'd developing these I dont know. Missiles can be fired from the ground aswell by a direct feed, you dont need to get a bomber in the air to fire it.

Those are SCUDs, not mobile surface to air, that was also over twenty years ago, it still took around thirty minutes to get the TEL moving to nearby Wadis and hardcover. Not to mention the EM !@#$ the coalition was struggling with which caused the SCUD's to be hard to identify.

Markus doesn't have sats, last I checked. And he is using bombers to strike at my missiles. He said so quite specifically.

Most people(at least I don't) do not bother to type out exactly which variant they are using in every post, last I checked. Exact variants can be found in my factbook.

I'm not launching mobile surface to air missiles.

EDIT: Actually, now that I check, have forgotten to include the exact MiG-31 variants in my factbook. Must have gotten left out when I edited the entire thing after I annexed lithuania. I'll have to fix that.

Edited by Mr Director

Of the 15 mentions of the MiG-31 in your factbook, none of them are the MiG-31BM. You have the base model. Your factbook also says you don't have the Kh-58, of any variant. You don't have those missiles either.

And just so we're all clear on this and for posterity reasons...

Not accounting for specific variances in location, this is the farthest extent your missiles can hit, using the specified location you gave me ("various locations east of Warsaw). For this image I placed it directly on Warsaw rather than make several marks east.

XP7Syzb.png

But now you are changing your details after they have been pointed out during wartime. Do the decent thing and RP your mistakes for what they are and learn from them in later posts.

In that case, Markus should be rping some casualties from those Belorussian SAMs he forgot to shoot at.

I'm still waiting for zoot to respond the stuff I posted, so that I actually know what parts of my post need to be fixed.

For example, the Iskander's wikipedia page seems to confirm all the stuff I put in my post. Then again, wikipedia could be wrong. Similarly, I'm not quite sure if you would be able to use bombers to take out my launchers before they get moved. Zoot's arguing that you could quickly take them out without bombers, but you are using bombers.

• 3 months later...

Rule Changes:

Removal of vote in rules.

Land Expansion

Land expansion requires a minimum of 5 posts, per RL country/province (whichever is applicable). This is on average a post every 2 days. Multiple posts on one day do not count - the fastest you can expand is a post every day, fulfilling the requirements within 7 days. Your claim can be disputed for a period of 2 weeks. Posts will be checked for the forum date using GMT+1, not the ingame timer, so make sure there's between 20 and 24 hours minimum between each.

An excessively large amount of provinces (Balkans, for example) may be combined into one 'region' if this region does not surpass 7.5 million people. Speak to the mapmaker about this to make sure it's legit.

It is recommended but not necessary to make a new topic for integration or annexation of new territory, in case you don't want to clutter your news thread or equivalent. Every province requires its own paragraph of 2 sentences minimum. You cannot slap 5 provinces into 3 sentences.

Until that time period is up, the land is considered contestable should any other nation put forth forces to contest it In Character.

Like so:
_

Activity Requirements[Province 1 name, 3/5]
Description
[Province 2 name, 2/5]
Description

Removal of activity requirements.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to discuss them with me in #CNRPA.