CNRP Ascending GM Hall

Rudolph

Saying "They had four days to evacuate" is fairly silly as an excuse, I'm just going to outright say it. Not only are some people entirely incapable of leaving at all, it's nearly impossible to evacuate a metropol of 4 million people in anything less than two weeks, much less a little more than half of one. Hungary-Slovakia and Belarus are indiscriminately bombarding a civilian population they gave no reasonable chance to get out of the way. Might as well just go firebomb Dresden for all the strategic use it has.

[/Criticism]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well according to Markus, 99 percent of SCUD, cruise missiles, and artillery shells were shot down, and only minimal damage has even been done. You want to argue about unrealistic, his assertion would be it.

All I was getting at is that fair warning had been given four days prior, by a continual general public broadcast, and by Markus' own rp, Vienna knew full well in advance anyways that it would be targeted, and apparently we did little damage (though I disagree and dispute that anyone could shoot down nearly everything me and Director have launched in the air together, such as Markus claims to have done) anyways.

We gave public warning, they knew and prepared in advance for our coming, most civilians (except for military and insurgents) should have had time to head the warning being broadcast and evacuate.

Plus, we have already agreed to peacefully pull out very nearly completely, if Markus will just stop the insurgency.

Edited by Euphaia

In which case damage would not be that bad.

And regardless if someone thinks we didn't give enough advance notice, the fact is that we DID provide four days advance continual general public broadcast warning, specifically to minimize civilian casualties.

Edited by Euphaia

On that note, though, it's kind of ridiculous to claim it's been 4 days since the shooting started, unless you have been spending 4 days just sitting on your side of the border waiting for maybe 5% of the Vienna population to evacuate before starting to cross over. My troops engaged yours as soon as you got to the minefields, something I thought I made clear previously.

Edited by Markus Wilding

Saying "They had four days to evacuate" is fairly silly as an excuse, I'm just going to outright say it. Not only are some people entirely incapable of leaving at all, it's nearly impossible to evacuate a metropol of 4 million people in anything less than two weeks, much less a little more than half of one. Hungary-Slovakia and Belarus are indiscriminately bombarding a civilian population they gave no reasonable chance to get out of the way. Might as well just go firebomb Dresden for all the strategic use it has.

[/Criticism]

Eh, Belarus' reputation is already shit anyhow, between us killing all those Polacks, rolling Alvonia, killing more Polacks, bumping off the French empress, killing some more Polacks, killing Austrians... the list does go on a bit.

Eh, Belarus' reputation is already !@#$ anyhow, between us killing all those Polacks, rolling Alvonia, killing more Polacks, bumping off the French empress, killing some more Polacks, killing Austrians... the list does go on a bit.

Yep, these damned Belarussians and their wanton killing and !@#$...we Russiki Soviets taught them well :smug:

Damn it, Markus.  You literally quit CNRP and asked that Alvonia be removed from the map, and it was.  There literally is no more Alvonia, just a joint protectorate in it's place.  Now leave me alone. :P

I honestly have to wonder if, after you yourself asked Alvonia to be removed from the map, if you are now purposely trying to get all these concessions and reparations for a nation that literally no longer exists -- and refusing to end a war that I've already asked you twice politely to please just agree to end-- just to annoy and aggravate myself and Director?

Why Rudy and FHIC are even letting you do all this, is quite literally completely beyond me.

</rant>

I'll be back in two or three days.

Edited by Euphaia

Damn it, Markus.  You literally quit CNRP and asked that Alvonia be removed from the map, and it was.  There literally is no more Alvonia, just a joint protectorate in it's place.  Now leave me alone. :P

I honestly have to wonder if, after you yourself asked Alvonia to be removed from the map, if you are now purposely trying to get all these concessions and reparations for a nation that literally no longer exists -- and refusing to end a war that I've already asked you twice politely to please just agree to end-- just to annoy and aggravate myself and Director?

Why Rudy and FHIC are even letting you do all this, is quite literally completely beyond me.

</rant>

I'll be back in two or three days.

Because the rules are shoddy and there's nothing, at this point, that's keeping him from rolling back into AT LEAST the majority of his territory, as the majority of it is not in conflict and it's been more than two weeks since he left his nation, so he fulfills the requisites for rerolling.

And finally, of three dicks, he's at least not the worst, so y'all can't even try to pull that card.

There is something.

Alvonia no longer exists, and has been replaced by a jointly held protectorate.  He would need both Rudy as well as my permission.

He also wants Burgenland back but 1) it's already long been annexed into Hungary-Slovakia and 2)since there is no longer an Alvonia, but now is nothing but a joint protectorate, there is nothing to annex Burgenland to even.  It's just a governmentless piece of land apparrently filled with terrorists and insurgents; and I hate to say it but 3) Markus, and apparrently yourself, appear to be the only two people who even want to see this insurgency continue.  Lyser has pulled out, Ty has outright ignored it, and even Rudy has tried to avoid it and peacefully put an end to it since it started.  I myself am now asking for the third time to just let it end; to be quite frank, I've no interest in RPing with someone who is incapable of compromising even the slightest ever.

Allow me to enumerate why you're wrong.

There is something.

Alvonia no longer exists, and has been replaced by a jointly held protectorate.  He would need both Rudy as well as my permission.

1a) Your protectorate doesn't have the requisite troops to prevent someone rolling in it, this number being 75,000. I don't know the size of Rudy's forces ,but I do know that if Alvonia wants their land back that Rudy probably won't try to stop them.

2a) Furthermore, the protectorate is not established as per Markus' contesting of it. Just to cut you off, there's nothing in the rules that states one must have any portion of the map painted to maintain forces or contest incidents.

He also wants Burgenland back but 1) it's already long been annexed into Hungary-Slovakia and 2)since there is no longer an Alvonia, but now is nothing but a joint protectorate, there is nothing to annex Burgenland to even.  It's just a governmentless piece of land apparrently filled with terrorists and insurgents; and I hate to say it but 3) Markus, and apparrently yourself, appear to be the only two people who even want to see this insurgency continue.  Lyser has pulled out, Ty has outright ignored it, and even Rudy has tried to avoid it and peacefully put an end to it since it started.  I myself am now asking for the third time to just let it end; to be quite frank, I've no interest in RPing with someone who is incapable of compromising even the slightest ever.

1b) This is an IC concern, if Alvonia wants their stuff back by way of treaty ,there's nothing in the rules that says "no."

2b) See 1a above.

3b) You're accusing me of OOC/IC crossing. Frankly I don't give a single fuck whether this goes on. Your point, furthermore, is entirely irrelevant.

4b) Your idea of compromise is "Give up and we'll occupy you just as we planned previously." That is not a compromise. Look in the mirror next time you say you're not willing to play with someone who won't compromise.

Also. Terrorists? Only one side is firing rockets into a densely populated area. The other hasn't engaged in anything approaching terrorism. Edited by Shave N Haircut

Like I mentioned in my post, the cost is listed in Reichsmarks, not dollars or whatever currency you're using.

So how many reichsmark to a dollar? I mean, unless one reichsmark is 50 or so dollars, the monetary costs of the conflict for Alvonia are being a tad understated.

It should also be noted, and I'll edit my post later to reflect this, but there's no way we can be hitting each other with tube artillery. Only our rocket arty has the range to hit Vienna.

I was assuming that you would have some stuff located between Vienna and the Hungarian border. After all, you did say you were using DANA artillery, which wold have to be close to the border due to its firing range. You had also rp'd some losses on the main road leading to Vienna, iirc.