Pris Deux: La Suite

Shave N Haircut

Cloe looked out the window of what might as well have been her cell and schemed quietly. She'd been used so viciously over the last pair of years that it didn't even phase her anymore, but there was no question that escape was still heavily on her mind. Even moreso than usual if anything. Her mind had become strong from the long years of torture, her master had forced her to submit, broken her mind, made her his pet, kept her beautiful just for his use, but she had built herself back up gradually, in secret. Yes, escape was practically all she thought about.

Some nights she would slip the loose bar out the window and squeeze through to walk along the little ledge just beneath, looking for some way to tell people about her suffering, to find some rescue, to escape. She had several options she knew of, though none of them were sure things in any way.

Tonight would be different though.

[hr]

She was standing on the little ledge, knowing she couldn't leave the grounds without being caught and punished viciously, having already tried that once. There was a shortwave radio in one of these rooms, she would just have to find it and it would be game over.

She had no idea how to use a radio like that but she had to try, there had to be someone listening somewhere that she could transmit to. There had to be something. She edged along the ledge carefully, the thing only being an inch or two wide, her heels the only things that were on it.

She nearly fell, catching her breath after the slip of her foot. The fall from here might - might - not be fatal, but she was sure that she wouldn't be walking away at very least if she fell off of here. She moved more carefully, opening the window to the little room from the outside. and moving in to do her business.

[hr]

A transmission over Shortwave

This is Cloe de LaQueu, princess of France. I'm being held captive at 1394 Vornehm street, please, send some kind of help. I repeat, this is Cloe de LaQueu...

2306 Hours, January, 20xx

CNS Portland

Somewhere off the Coast of England

It was just after 11 and Lieutenant Junior Grade Kai Ri, slopped over her Comms Console. It had been a long day and she was extremely tired. Her shift was almost over and she would be able to go to bed. Her mission was to measure certain shortwave radio frequencies and monitor the situation in France. Using the dials to listen to different frequencies something began to come in "Is Clo.... De..." she struggled before finding the right channel, ".....1394 vornehm street, please, send some kind of help. I repeat this is Cloe de LaQueu, princess of France." It took Ri a minute to think of who that was. She jumped from her stool as she did. Ri printed the parts of the transmission she managed to pick up and ran off to find the Captain.

He was easy enough to find, just sitting in his office looking over old reports. Kai composed herself as she approached the captains office, if there was to be a rescue mission, she would need to be able to convince him to act on the report. She knocked on the metal door, and solid ring echoed each time she did. Captain Wilson unlocked the door and it swung open, "Lieutenant? What do you need at this hour." Handing him the report she replied, "I think we found the missing French Princess, I checked and she is somewhere in Frankfurt. I think if we sent HawkRidge they would be competent enough to rescue her." The Captain looked over the paper, "How can you be so sure that this is her and not some sort of ruse." "Sir I don't but if it is not, this could be a good reason to get involved in the French Civil War." Wilson sat in his chair and picked up the phone, he ordered HawkRidge to be ready in the next hour. 

Theo Kirchlehner was a man of unique taste. The head of his own crime ring, the war had been a boon to his business, Frankfurt had made an excellent headquarters, and while the war raged, he engorged himself on the wealth of the surrounding area. What to do with all that money though? He had found himself collecting unique works of art, cars, all sorts of valuables really. Cloe was his most prized possession, how many could say they had a princess? She had been a brat at first, but she quickly learned the part she was destined to play. Of course there were a few in his gang that suggested keeping her around was a mistake and could draw unneeded attention, especially once the Northlands came into the area. 

Theo rans his hand across the expensive dark red wallpaper as he walked down the hall to enjoy his prize. The house, a palace really, had belonged to a noble family of one of the former regimes in Germany. After he had decided he wanted the home, the entire family was brought out into the street and shot during the war, their bodies left there for several days until someone was finally brave enough to clean them up. The message was clear to the rest of the civilians, do not fuck with us, do not interfere, and the message was received quite quickly.

He heard voices though as he passed by one of the roomed used as an office... no he realized, he heard Cloe somewhere she wasn't supposed to be. Theo listened for a few moments, and once he made out what she was saying he burst through the door, she turned to him wide eyed and stammering "I-I..." he grabbed her shoulder and tossed her across the room, her head smacking against the wall as she slid across the floor. He took the radio and smashed it against the floor, crushing it under his foot as he swaggered over to her trembling form. "Now, who were you trying to contact little one?", he asked with a bitter expression.

Cloe holds her head, she was used to such abuse but that didn't make it any better, it never got easier to handle, "No one..." she says, trembling near the wall and preparing herself for more abuse, since she knew that more would come, "I wasn't trying to contact anyone..."

• 3 weeks later...

The alarm wailed in the crew quarters for HawkRidge Special Operation Rangers. Jumping out of their beds they quickly dressed and moved quickly through the ship to the armoury where their leader and the Captain Wilson awaited them. Captain Wilson paced around the table that had weapons strewn across it, "HawkRidge, about ten minutes ago a distress call from the kidnapped Princess of France, was picked up by one of our comms officers. We had the signal triangulated and it revealed she is being held captive on an estate in Frankfurt, Germany. If we are to rescue the Princess and return her to French custody, I'm damn sure that it will put Cascadia on the French friends list. So as you can guess your mission is to rescue the Princess, and return her safely here." With that Wilson strode out of the room and down one of the corridors. Crow wheeled on HawkRidge to give them their following orders, "Soldiers, we are going to be paradropping in on the compound, from there we will conduct a sweep of the premises, eliminating any hostiles that are encountered. Once the Princess is located she will be brought to the Frankfurt Airport where the Osprey will be waiting to pick us up and take us back to the Portland. Roger?" There was a resounding Hooah from the rest of HawkRidge as they scrambled around the room garnering the equipment that had been put out from them, some wingsuits accompanied with parachutes, personal defense weapons, and a panic button. Once they all were finished preparing for the mission they would run out to the helicopter deck to find an Osprey whirring her rotors prepared to take off, with the ramp down. They climbed inside and watched as the ship under them got smaller.