The Wolf War ends

Canik

One sided terms are a surrender.  Even so much as making one side agree to not re-enter on another front, makes it a surrender as opposed to a white peace.

I'm not faulting the actual agreement.  I'm just saying it isn't white peace, it's a surrender.

I think you'll find that white peace here has always included a proviso that the loser of the war will not reenter the ongoing conflict.

wait i mean o no doom squad how dare you impose such horrible terms!!11!1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll find that white peace here has always included a proviso that the loser of the war will not reenter the ongoing conflict.

wait i mean o no doom squad how dare you impose such horrible terms!!11!1

Largely because we have whitewashed the term "white peace" in order to make surrender more appetizing to the loser. Before we all bastardized the term, white peace is status quo ante bellum; that is to say, ending a war without an unconditional surrender. I'd argue that peace in exchange for both a formal surrender and/or no re-entry is not inherently white peace.

I guess I'm just being overly pedantic. Debellation is really the ultimate goal of every CN war anyways. 

Largely because we have whitewashed the term "white peace" in order to make surrender more appetizing to the loser. Before we all bastardized the term, white peace is status quo ante bellum; that is to say, ending a war without an unconditional surrender. I'd argue that peace in exchange for both a formal surrender and/or no re-entry is not inherently white peace.

I guess I'm just being overly pedantic. Debellation is really the ultimate goal of every CN war anyways. 

I agree, it's a misused term, I tacitly acknowledged that in my use of the qualifier 'here'. Any concession as a means to peace is a surrender of some degree. Whoever dubbed peace and no re-entry as white peace definitely knew what they were doing in terms of perception.

Has there ever been an end to a war that didn't bring out the lawyer instinct in people? Nope. Good to see that some traditions never die.

However, lawyering doesn't interest me nearly as much as helping people use the right words to describe things. For example, in this instance the term folks are grasping for is 'armistice', in which two (or more) parties agree to stop fighting each other and not resume hostilities. It includes no 'terms' beyond that. Sometimes an admission of defeat is implied [OOC](eg. The Armistice of Cassibile in 1943)[/OOC] but sometimes it is not implied at all [OOC](as with the Korean Armistice Agreement)[/OOC]. It usually implies that there will be some kind of permanent agreement down the road, but it doesn't have to.

Hope this helps everyone.

Eat donuts. Not bagels

Good call. I can see how your saying "Eat me!" might actually seem to be an invitation to suicide-by-nosh.

Whoever dubbed peace and no re-entry as white peace definitely knew what they were doing in terms of perception.

'Piece and no re-entry' is also known as a quickie.

Edited by kingzog

Damn you people for making me agree with Tywin.

This isn't white peace, but at least both sides walked away respecting one another after having a well fought war.

o/Peace.

A quality of wolves: incapable of hate, unless you really suck.

And I mean...you gotta really be a piece of work.

For what it's worth, dialoging with Czar was easily one of the most awkward things I did during the war. However, like most things, they grow on you.

Life is interesting because, before we were Fellowship or Alpha, before we were leaders or hunters or instructors, before our distinct and inimitable howls pierced those moonless nights, we were all pups; cute, furry, little murderous canines. This war has helped remind us that we were all* cute and furry at some point, and would have happily played chase or "hey, that's mine" with any one of them when we were young and ignorant.

*obviously not everyone can be a cool four legged murdering machine