Recognition of Hostilities

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.  I really don't understand why those alliances would actively help alliances at war and not post a dow joining in.  Perhaps you can talk to the one you are allied with in private, and help them out instead of airing their dirty laundry here?

Hold your horses, it was only a question. I asked you because your alliance is involved. The answer is "they didn't dow either", so okay.

Sad to say the upper tier is fast becoming an abode of sycophants and cowards, and Im glad at least one alliance decided that the chains of slavery, no matter how comfortable, should never lie about our neck.

Only because the Committee for the Advancement of Sycophants has determined you no longer have need of a neck or anything above that level and have thus removed the superfluous mass. Feel free to share your rapid weight loss success story with the customer service department, and congrats on achieving those New Year's weight loss goals.

Mate it's not a CB, it's an excuse. Don't stress too bad though because next war they'll be fighting the less valued members of their own coalition and we can sit back and laugh.

Just to be clear, you are now saying that aiding someone at war is not a reason for them to get attacked?  Cause thats a pretty big change from you.

Just to be clear, you are now saying that aiding someone at war is not a reason for them to get attacked?  Cause thats a pretty big change from you.

I'm pretty sure he was reffering to my latter comment (about us not in the war or aiding) and not the former (about other alliances aiding your enemies).

I'm pretty sure he was reffering to my latter comment (about us not in the war or aiding) and not the former (about other alliances aiding your enemies).

That makes much more sense, I had assumed it had followed the last 5 or so posts. This is why we need to all use the quote function, or stick to the topic of the topic I suppose?

You guys give \m/ !@#$ for taking negotiation bluster as statement of intent, whereas you guys just invent your own narrative. Much better!

That was like 8 years ago

*Noms on the Finance Minister of Invicta that the Lord of Darkness fed him.*

I recognize, that I am eating one of Invicta's finance ministers! And hopefully he will be biting back. I need more dead soldiers to fill my cemetery!

We get it. You're fighting Invicta's finance minister. Please make 15 more posts about how prestigious and tough you are.

Yes, Umbrella definitely should have hit Valhalla, their own ally. This is a logical argument to make.

Why would they be allied to someone who is allied to their enemy, if they are attacking another alliance for simply being allied to their enemy?

This is some of the worst logic I've ever seen around here.

Just goes to show what a nonsense it is to claim that Avalanche is hit because of their treaty with NpO, then, doesn't it, if holding an MDP with NpO is so okay that they hold an MDP with an alliance that does it.

Beat me to it.

Alright, if it wasn't Avalanche's connection with Polar that was the issue, what do you think it was? Do you sincerely believe that AB, DT and Umbrella came together and said, "My god, Avalanche's half-dozen nations with barely more than 10k tech represent an existential threat. We must rally together to crush them, for the good of lulzists everywhere!"

Nope. Polar had exactly three of their 14 allies not in the war at the time of our attack. Given Dajobo's repeated crowing that Polar plans to bring their allies into the war at their leisure, it was logical to assume that Avalanche would enter the war at a time and place of Polar's choosing. We've prevented them from doing so.

As for the other two Polar allies, Valhalla has treaties on both sides and made their position clear, and we forgot that USN existed.

And you really believe this?

Nobody is buying it.

You guys give \m/ !@#$ for taking negotiation bluster as statement of intent, whereas you guys just invent your own narrative. Much better!

If i know what you are talking about it's probably not relevant to the sad excuse for a political landscape we currently have. 

We get it. You're fighting Invicta's finance minister. Please make 15 more posts about how prestigious and tough you are.

GLADLY! There's no one a dragon likes talking about more than himself! Thank you for the compliments barrel rider, you keep riding that river straight to your coalition's destruction.. *Buahahah* BTW, RIMS, stands for "Rest in my stomach." Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

When have you gone to war against impossible odds to defend this principle, or even just suffered minor negative diplomatic fallout by refusing to endorse an allies move to interdict aid to an enemy?

Irony lulz.  Of all the alliances you could say that about and you chose DT?  Being outnumbered has been pretty much our habit until now.

GLADLY! There's no one a dragon likes talking about more than himself! Thank you for the compliments barrel rider, you keep riding that river straight to your coalition's destruction.. *Buahahah* BTW, RIMS, stands for "Rest in my stomach."

I agree wholeheartedly with Starfox, your posts are fucking painful to read. Please stfu.

I agree wholeheartedly with Starfox, your posts are !@#$@#$ painful to read. Please stfu.

Man you all moan about someone not having a ic persona and as soon as someone does you all just bitch about it. Damn this place confuses me.

And I have a strong suspicion your sudden support on this issue

Not really sure why you've gone ahead to say my support is "sudden" - I have always held this viewpoint, and I have never attacks or even discussed with anyone attacking anyone else's tech dealers, while always encouraging people to tech deal for many years now.

But I could be wrong on that. Tell me, when was the last time you took a stand on the issue in a situation where it did not so clearly suit your purposes? When have you gone to war against impossible odds to defend this principle, or even just suffered minor negative diplomatic fallout by refusing to endorse an allies move to interdict aid to an enemy?

I wouldn't merely refuse to endorse it, I would tell them they are retarded straight to their face - get on my level.

I don't think you understand the concept of "targeting." You hit Polaris first. You don't get to then claim they targeted you when they didn't just roll over.

Pretty sure nobody in DT or DT probes hit Polaris.

I tried very hard to save DT from DBDC'S influence, but to no avail.

Should have tried to build a nation and rally alliances to your cause.

There is 1 nation in the CN top 20 that's not in DBDC (or fanboys) or a neutral. You cannot blame the opposition for hiding in peace mode with that amount of power that can hugely down declare on you. Is that lack of competence?

Pretty sure I can.

You did it all to yourselves, creating the alliance DBDC is, and the allies you chose.

You and everyone else had any large number of opportunities to do something about it.

You centered your coalition's grand strategy for this war around delaying the entry of your allies for as long as possible. This could be charitably chalked up as you wanting to keep your allies from excessive harm. More likely, it's a combination of Polar's martyr complex and you wanting to toss fresh bodies at folks who have already spent a month or more at war. Avalanche's treaties, and GDA/Menotah's position in Sentinel, make it abundantly clear where they stand in the treaty web.

You spent a solid month crowing about how the war was going to escalate on your terms. You never tired of poking and prodding and mockingly calling for more pre-emptions. Well, is it everything you ever wanted?

Alright, if it wasn't Avalanche's connection with Polar that was the issue, what do you think it was? Do you sincerely believe that AB, DT and Umbrella came together and said, "My god, Avalanche's half-dozen nations with barely more than 10k tech represent an existential threat. We must rally together to crush them, for the good of lulzists everywhere!"

Nope. Polar had exactly three of their 14 allies not in the war at the time of our attack. Given Dajobo's repeated crowing that Polar plans to bring their allies into the war at their leisure, it was logical to assume that Avalanche would enter the war at a time and place of Polar's choosing. We've prevented them from doing so.

As for the other two Polar allies, Valhalla has treaties on both sides and made their position clear, and we forgot that USN existed.

Both great posts and for those like Bob Janova, who appear to be half-informed of what is going on this war, this should clear some things up.

I realize the both of you cleared up what he was initialing responding to, but this is still a valid point.  Something something about chickens coming home to roost.

FWIW, none of my close allies give 2 farts about tech being sent while at war, but when one side raises a stink about it and especially when they attack non-combatants over it, they shouldn't be shocked when it backfires on them.

FWIW, none of my close allies give 2 farts about tech being sent while at war, but when one side raises a stink about it and especially when they attack non-combatants over it, they shouldn't be shocked when it backfires on them.

Let us remember that you have been attacking civilized alliances like Polar for over a year now, and have only gotten away with it because of the weaknesses in upper tier physics, so please don't feign horror that the oppressed will strike out at your tech production (which enables your terror to a large degree) in a guerrilla manner.