Recognition of Hostilities

Our tech import to DBDC is making a big difference in this war, you are right.  They are really ripping into Polaris!

Or..that already happened and you haven't had an active war with them in months.

So because they succeeded we should be ok with it? I don't think so Bob. Actions have consequences and having more NS doesn't absolve them of that.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The discrepancy here is with the various degrees of meaning for the term financial assistance.

Yes, I understand the point you guys are making and would agree to some extent IF we were sending full aid packages to said nations (similar to the scenario that someone proposed in order to raid <30k or something).

But these are tech deals. Growing our nations; sending something of value for something in return of equal value (or more/less depending on your capitalistic goals).

I, myself, me, do not view buying some groceries at a store as "financially assisting" the store in the sense that I want to see that store succeed or to see that store beat their competition. I understand that some people do view it this way (boycott Wal-Mart so your local mom/pop store can succeed), but I do not. I want some cheerios and do not care if walmart ends up owning the entire world.

With the term "no financial assistance" in surrender threads, I honestly would assume that it would mean that tech deals are still allowed.

In the mechanics of CN Tech is a military aid, the same way money and soldiers are military aid.

In the mechanics of CN Tech is a military aid, the same way money and soldiers are military aid.

The above dt probes sending free tech: sure -- and i would agree that it can be considered as military aid.

Run of the mill tech deals? No. Those are still economic deals meant for growth for both nations and I would never consider those acts of war.

Love the PBPC flag, Hershey.

For the rest, I don't think DBDC has ever said we have a problem with it.  Maybe a bit of OWF fun with this announcement.  While we've never cared who is aiding who when we war them, it's an accepted norm that you shouldn't aid people at war unless you were willing to deal with the consequences.  Typically before alliances attack people for tech dealing, they communicate gov to gov and see if it can be handled diplomatically, but war is certainly an option for an aggrieved alliance...but that also has consequences, which your allies are now dealing with.  Its the circle of life CN style.

I am 100% confident this will all be resolved around the time this global war wraps up.

The above dt probes sending free tech: sure -- and i would agree that it can be considered as military aid.

Run of the mill tech deals? No. Those are still economic deals meant for growth for both nations and I would never consider those acts of war.

Whether you consider it an act of war or not is irrelevant. Sell down and do something about it. Nows the perfect time since Polar is fighting 12 alliances.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

I'm with TB Raiders here, there is no good reason why a peace agreement can not be reached. Sit down and work it out. This thing has dragged on too long already.

Indeed DBDC has been at de facto war with Polaris for over a year, hopefully a trustworthy agreement can be reached.

Hey - to help with that, let's go back to the age where an alliance wasn't even an alliance until they got at least sixteen members, have a charter that's posted on the OWF, an active set of leaders who all have IRC accounts and at least one of the leaders needs to be available at all times and so on.  You get the idea, the more requirements to be considered a civilized alliance by community standards, the more people you have to raid with the powerful alliance backing you having an excuse not to punish you in some way.  You're following the rules, after all.  Plus small alliances should just be merged into the larger ones.  If they chose not to do that, well in that case they get what they deserve, right?

You're the one in bed with those guys, my dear.

I'm with TB Raiders here, there is no good reason why a peace agreement can not be reached. Sit down and work it out. This thing has dragged on too long already.

Do something about it.

Whether you consider it an act of war or not is irrelevant. Sell down and do something about it. Nows the perfect time since Polar is fighting 12 alliances.

Isn't that what we've been discussing this entire time? A little discourse so you can understand my perspective and so that I can see yours?

I can't. Ya'll are in peace mode and I still would be out of range if I sold down (i already did).

Do something about it.

I have no horse in this race, why should I do something about it? I like Polar and want to see NpO reach a peace they can be happy with. No need to be a dick. 

Isn't that what we've been discussing this entire time? A little discourse so you can understand my perspective and so that I can see yours?

I can't. Ya'll are in peace mode and I still would be out of range if I sold down (i already did).

Peace mode jokes now? You're confused. Polar jumped in with our entire alliance exposed and you'll have trouble finding a single Polar who hasn't fought multiple rounds of wars. Your coalition mates can attest that Polar is fighting. We have more wars than any other alliance and 2,248 more wars than DT. Your alliance has 27% in peace mode. We have 25%.

Spare me.

Our tech import to DBDC is making a big difference in this war, you are right.  They are really ripping into Polaris!

Or..that already happened and you haven't had an active war with them in months.

Months? Let's not exaggerate here. We fought very recently and also fought numerous times over the course of the past year. There are no alliances that have been hit harder by DBDC than Polar and her allies.

The issue matters regardless of our current state.

I'm sorry you dont have an upper tier.. or ever

I've been in wars before. I've even fought DBDC before. I've never had DT target my opponent's tech sellers or tell them to stop selling.

I'm sorry there is a huge gap in NS. They're just better.

?? free tech??

What are you confused about? The nations you are sending tech to are not providing yours with financial aid. The importation of tech without a direct exchange of cash is a military transaction whether it fits your insane definitions or not.

You fought a different DBDC. This one is not the same. Also, this is not about any NS gap. Please don't resort to petty comments while dodging my argument. I've seen enough of that from the rest of DT who have put up some truly awful responses.

First, that flag is the best thing to happen this war.  War should be renamed the PolarBear PolarCave war in honor of it.  Everything else was terrible anyway.

Second, NpO's avoidance of Peace Mode has been a truly impressive thing, and anyone referring to NpO and peace mode in the same sentence and not praising them is fundamentally wrong.

Third, I agree with everyone bemoaning DT sending tech out of DT.  DT needs that tech.

I have no horse in this race, why should I do something about it? I like Polar and want to see NpO reach a peace they can be happy with. No need to be a dick.

Who's being a dick? The turds you want us to have a peace with understand one thing, so do something about it if you think it's dragged on too long. Edited by Schattenmann

Who's being a dick? The turds you want us to have a peace with understand one thing, so do something about it if you think it's dragged on too long.

Not getting into a pissing contest with you Schatt. I apologise for wanting NpO to reach an agreeable peace, y'all do what you feel is best for your alliance and allies. With that I bow out of this thread, have a great day.

Maybe they were back payments on a long term deal... We specialize in doing deals like $24mil/800tech; so perhaps those are just longer deals. You don't know that, y'all just see villains with malicious intentions.

They weren't. We've been tracking DBDC deals for a while now and very rarely do they ever send anything out themselves. If you want to argue that...just ask them. They aren't ashamed to admit it.

Also...3 mil for 100 tech? That's cruel and unusual punishment these days.

They weren't. We've been tracking DBDC deals for a while now and very rarely do they ever send anything out themselves. If you want to argue that...just ask them. They aren't ashamed to admit it.

Also...3 mil for 100 tech? That's cruel and unusual punishment these days.

Well good for you I guess. Also, 6 mil for 100 tech is a racket, I personally miss the 3x3. The sellers are still able to grow and prosper while sending out cheap tech they can afford. It's a win/win. You send out 4 payments of 6mil so they get a good boost and then receive 8 payments of 100 tech in return. I've known sellers that have done it from a new nation and end the deal at 5k infra ready to get out of selling tech. Y'all really must not know how to manage your money.

Edited by Hunterman1043

Well good for you I guess. Also, 6 mil for 100 tech is a racket, I personally miss the 3x3. The sellers are still able to grow and prosper while sending out cheap tech they can afford. It's a win/win. You send out 4 payments of 6mil so they get a good boost and then receive 8 payments of 100 tech in return. I've known sellers that have done it from a new nation and end the deal at 5k infra ready to get out of selling tech. Y'all really must not know how to manage your money.

Good thing you threw in that last little insult. Wouldn't be a complete post from you otherwise.

The price of tech is what the market sets. And the 3 mil extra helps a smaller nation much more than the larger nation. But don't take it from me, our alliance actually has smaller nations and a mid tier, and as such we are more interested in helping the little guys rather than exploiting them.

Also thank you for not acknowledging the fact that you were wrong once again. Edited by Starfox101

Good thing you threw in that last little insult. Wouldn't be a complete post from you otherwise.

The price of tech is what the market sets. And the 3 mil extra helps a smaller nation much more than the larger nation. But don't take it from me, our alliance actually has smaller nations and a mid tier, and as such we are more interested in helping the little guys rather than exploiting them.

Also thank you for not acknowledging the fact that you were wrong once again.

You've been insulting our tactics from the start, martyr, come down off the cross.  It's getting embarrassing (for you.)

The way we run our alliance and grow our nations is none of your damned business, and methinx I smell the overwhelming stench of butthurt.  Relax, it will all be over soon.  As a former Polar, it hurts me to see some of the barbs being traded in this thread.  My two favorite alliances on opposite ends. 

Ugh!

Peace mode jokes now? You're confused. Polar jumped in with our entire alliance exposed and you'll have trouble finding a single Polar who hasn't fought multiple rounds of wars. Your coalition mates can attest that Polar is fighting. We have more wars than any other alliance and 2,248 more wars than DT. Your alliance has 27% in peace mode. We have 25%.

Woah now. I was just asked to "sell down" and "do something about it" to which I responded that I could not because a) i am out of range and b) even with 0 infra I would have no one in my range who is not in peace mode.

What are you confused about? The nations you are sending tech to are not providing yours with financial aid. The importation of tech without a direct exchange of cash is a military transaction whether it fits your insane definitions or not.

See my own quote here. Yes I agreed with you:

You fought a different DBDC. This one is not the same. Also, this is not about any NS gap. Please don't resort to petty comments while dodging my argument. I've seen enough of that from the rest of DT who have put up some truly awful responses.

Sorry. When you go out of your way to point out "Our 150k nations were being hit by 600k nations" I thought you were referring to the NS gap.

I get it, you're a little on edge maybe because of some posts in this thread, but I am not personally attacking you. I am attempting to hold a discussion why tech deals are not considered acts of war. And again yes, the free tech to enemy nations seems pretty sketch, but I have not been recording these deals on either side so I cannot comment on it.

In the end the tech exploitation by DBDC of producer farms will only hurt them when facing nations being pumped with 9000000/100 tech deals in Polar.

Heck maybe informing DBDC tech suppliers how much they are getting ripped off would be even more effective than attacking them!

Edited by Tywin Lannister