Recognition of Hostilities

It's taken me years but I finally delivered something controversial. For an old conservative bloke that's an achievement!

Unfortunately I can only say that I've only delivered something controversial by proxy. :(

I'm just saying kiss and make up already so I can sell tech to you to both sides so that you can do this again in about 11 months.

You monster.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly no. They'll peace out eventually. My new AA Polar Bear Polar Cave (dual membership w/ NpO of course) will continue to raid the 30k and below range, funded by free tech and cash from Polar (NpO!) tech sellers. We'll swap in and out from the Polaris AA when it's convenient. Just don't you dare claim that we're the same alliance, that !@#$'s insulting.

Since I get seemingly daily PMs about this, I will offer you this advice:  

You will need protection, since there are some real crazies down in that NS range (Chow, Kindle, pretty much every GOONS 1.0-2.0).  Most likely DBDC could offer you a protection agreement.  Whatever tech you loot from those lower tier rogues you can send to DBDC and in exchange we will prevent them from declaring incessantly on you.  The possibilities of the DBDCPBPC PIAT are endless, really.  

In exchange as well, DBDC agrees to return any Polaris member who has gotten too high in Nation Strength back down to the PBPC range so they may continue fighting in their preferred tier and creating much needed stability in the lower tier.  

I'm all about God King status. ;)

You will be a legend for sure.  NOBODY messes with PBPC, literally nobody.

I like him too. So keep him. I'm just sad that he has to share the same banner as Tywin.

Since I get seemingly daily PMs about this, I will offer you this advice:   You will need protection, since there are some real crazies down in that NS range (Chow, Kindle, pretty much every GOONS 1.0-2.0).  Most likely DBDC could offer you a protection agreement.  Whatever tech you loot from those lower tier rogues you can send to DBDC and in exchange we will prevent them from declaring incessantly on you.  The possibilities of the DBDCPBPC PIAT are endless, really.   In exchange as well, DBDC agrees to return any Polaris member who has gotten too high in Nation Strength back down to the PBPC range so they may continue fighting in their preferred tier and creating much needed stability in the lower tier.    You will be a legend for sure.  NOBODY messes with PBPC, literally nobody.

Well I'm glad that's settled. Can we all sit and drink tea and watch reruns of happy days now? :v:

Since I get seemingly daily PMs about this, I will offer you this advice:  

You will need protection, since there are some real crazies down in that NS range (Chow, Kindle, pretty much every GOONS 1.0-2.0).  Most likely DBDC could offer you a protection agreement.  Whatever tech you loot from those lower tier rogues you can send to DBDC and in exchange we will prevent them from declaring incessantly on you.  The possibilities of the DBDCPBPC PIAT are endless, really.  

In exchange as well, DBDC agrees to return any Polaris member who has gotten too high in Nation Strength back down to the PBPC range so they may continue fighting in their preferred tier and creating much needed stability in the lower tier.

Did we just establish a new world order in one post? Yay for the circle of life.

Sadly no. They'll peace out eventually. My new AA Polar Bear Polar Cave (dual membership w/ NpO of course) will continue to raid the 30k and below range, funded by free tech and cash from Polar (NpO!) tech sellers. We'll swap in and out from the Polaris AA when it's convenient. Just don't you dare claim that we're the same alliance, that !@#$'s insulting.

There is no PolarBear PolarCave without a legitimate PBPC flag, here I made one just for you if you wish to seriously consider founding the PBPC:

Yv5oEhP.png

You're welcome.  :wub:

I don't recognize it to the extent that you do in the sense that I dont see it as some holy war against growth. Like I've said many times already, DT has no issues with growth as it creates more competition. Idk what goes on in DBDC because contrary to popular belief, we don't share information on that level. I'm not talking out of my ass either because I manage our forums and have root level access.

However, in the interest of moving past this, I won't personally argue it anymore.

Edited by Hunterman1043

There is no PolarBear PolarCave without a legitimate PBPC flag, here I made one just for you if you wish to seriously consider founding the PBPC:

Yv5oEhP.png

Hahahahaha oh my god thank you, this is like what I imagined x100!

And thanks to everyone for the free advice. The possibilities really are endless. The world would find itself huddling together between 150k and 50k NS, too afraid to even fight wars anymore lest they upset the fragile balance that keeps them safe from the Something Animal Something Cave menace.

Hahahahaha oh my god thank you, this is like what I imagined x100!

And thanks to everyone for the free advice. The possibilities really are endless. The world would find itself huddling together between 150k and 50k NS, too afraid to even fight wars anymore lest they upset the fragile balance that keeps them safe from the Something Animal Something Cave menace.

Constant state of fear...I mean stability.  Can we call ourselves the underlords?

Yv5oEhP.png

Well, now that there is a sexy flag, nothing can stop us.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Haha! This is golden. DT telling Polar attacking tech sellers is wrong while admitting their ally who they are militarily supporting in this conflict is wrong as well.

Get it worked out.

Yv5oEhP.png

This made me laugh hard. Awesome work!

Seriously though, every surrender ever just about includes the term forbidding aid to the alliances still at war. Your own sides terms just in the past week have as well. We are all agreed that aiding people at war is an act of war.
We are all agreed that DBDC and Polaris are at war.

As I said in the announcement at the time, this doesn't change until DBDC and Polaris have reached an agreement. There's really nothing controversial about it.

Yv5oEhP.png

The nuclear explosions are made out of *boiling liquid nitrogen!

Not sure what the rest of the hubub is here, but my nation is already being turned in to midtier soylent green.

Edited by King Cyan

If you want to attack our members, expect some retaliation.  You attacked our defenseless members since you couldn't attack DBDC, so we attacked your defenseless ally like you attacked our defenseless members.  

Come on Bob you're smarter than to make a ridiculous argument like this.  This is Mogar/Tywin level dumb.

Edited by Azaghul

The discrepancy here is with the various degrees of meaning for the term financial assistance.

Yes, I understand the point you guys are making and would agree to some extent IF we were sending full aid packages to said nations (similar to the scenario that someone proposed in order to raid <30k or something).

But these are tech deals. Growing our nations; sending something of value for something in return of equal value (or more/less depending on your capitalistic goals).

I, myself, me, do not view buying some groceries at a store as "financially assisting" the store in the sense that I want to see that store succeed or to see that store beat their competition. I understand that some people do view it this way (boycott Wal-Mart so your local mom/pop store can succeed), but I do not. I want some cheerios and do not care if walmart ends up owning the entire world.

With the term "no financial assistance" in surrender threads, I honestly would assume that it would mean that tech deals are still allowed.

When that tech is being used to destroy your upper tier nations, come back and talk to us. You've never experienced this and as such your opinion is not exactly based in reality. That grocery analogy was just off. Our 150k nations were being hit by 600k nations. Sorry that we didn't like the fact that they were being given absolutely free tech from your alliance.

I'm sorry you feel that supplying free tech to nations aggressively targeting and dismantling our top tier isn't an aggressive action, but it is.

Edited by Starfox101

When that tech is being used to destroy your upper tier nations, come back and talk to us. You've never experienced this and as such your opinion is not exactly based in reality. That grocery analogy was just off. Our 150k nations were being hit by 600k nations. Sorry that we didn't like the fact that they were being given absolutely free tech from your alliance.

I'm sorry you feel that supplying free tech to nations aggressively targeting and dismantling our top tier isn't an aggressive action, but it is.

I'm sorry you dont have an upper tier.. or ever

I've been in wars before. I've even fought DBDC before. I've never had DT target my opponent's tech sellers or tell them to stop selling.

I'm sorry there is a huge gap in NS. They're just better.

?? free tech??

I'm sorry you dont have an upper tier.. or ever

I've been in wars before. I've even fought DBDC before. I've never had DT target my opponent's tech sellers or tell them to stop selling.

I'm sorry there is a huge gap in NS. They're just better.

?? free tech??

About ten seconds work shows this and I certainly didn't go though them all to find them!

http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?search=499330&Extended=1
http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?search=527670&Extended=1
http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?search=525861&Extended=1

The situation remains unchanged.

Our tech import to DBDC is making a big difference in this war, you are right.  They are really ripping into Polaris!

Or..that already happened and you haven't had an active war with them in months.

Edited by Bob