Recognition of Hostilities

The saddest part in this is just before the attack Avalanche lost their forums due to unconnected OOC reasons so they can't even co-ordinate or communicate easily with each other, let alone fight this war effectively.
Note: I doubt the coalition were aware of this at all and it is not a propaganda point to be used by anyone.

(OOC) While it is a shame they lost their forums the vast majority in CN use ORC instead for war.  (/OOC)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what?  We entered the war late too.

If you have a defense treaty with an alliance that goes to war and say nothing then it is assumed you are leaving your options open.  Otherwise you would either denounce the actions of your treaty mate or at least offer a "moral support yet no war plans" statement.

If you still don't want to accept it then look at it this way, we are being proactive for future wars. 

If you sign a treaty then either honor that treaty or go public with your position otherwise or be assumed you are waiting in the wings looking for your moment to strike.

Precedent has now been set.

Yes, you entered late, and have still been in for multiple weeks. Alliances are already peacing out. You can't seriously sit here and tell me your coalition was concerned with the late entrance of Avalanche. You have Bob here saying you guys hit Avalanche to punish us for hitting DT Probes, and you're here saying you hit them because they were a threat. At least get your propaganda together as one. You are all over the place. Precendent has indeed been set. This is now the the 5th (I believe) attack on an uninvolved alliance without a DoW, or any political justification. The precedent has been set that your side has no interest in politics.

Please stop arguing this point. You are not good at this.

Explain to me what Menotah did to deserve being hit? Or further elaborate on what Alpha Omega, or Guru Order did?

(OOC) While it is a shame they lost their forums the vast majority in CN use ORC instead for war.  (/OOC)

Not entirely true. That is only possible with smaller, more active alliances, which is not true for the majority of CN at this point.

Edited by Starfox101

He means IRC.

I'm well aware of that. Larger alliances use their forums, and less active alliances use their forums as well. Only using IRC to coordinate a war effort is only possible if the entire alliance uses IRC, which is only possible with smaller, more active alliances.

See what I am saying now? You also have yet to respond to my last two posts addressing your arguments made here.

Yes, you entered late, and have still been in for multiple weeks. Alliances are already peacing out. You can't seriously sit here and tell me your coalition was concerned with the late entrance of Avalanche. You have Bob here saying you guys hit Avalanche to punish us for hitting DT Probes, and you're here saying you hit them because they were a threat. At least get your propaganda together as one. You are all over the place. Precendent has indeed been set. This is now the the 5th (I believe) attack on an uninvolved alliance without a DoW, or any political justification. The precedent has been set that your side has no interest in politics.

Please stop arguing this point. You are not good at this.

You are correct.  I'm lousy as strawman arguments.  Note your point in bold. 

I never called Avalanche a threat to us.  I said they were a valid target because they hold a treaty and did not openly declare themselves a non-combatant.  They kept their options open and we activated their option.  Maybe they were waiting to attack or maybe they just were not willing to openly repudiate their treaty obligations.  Think of our move as saving them the embarrassment of being called out for ducking their treaty.

Next time you feel the need dredge for some way to make a point with me, you might try something other than a than a strawman logical fallacy. 

You are not good at this. ;)

I don't have much issues with DT hitting people for no reason, sow the wind as much as you want ;)

I do find it interesting how there is functionally no difference between DT and DBDC and DS

thats because we take our orders from DBDC.

I don't have much issues with DT hitting people for no reason, sow the wind as much as you want ;)

I do find it interesting how there is functionally no difference between DT and DBDC and DS

If you really felt that way, you would have declared on DT.  Instead your hollow point sounds as sad as a Mogar soundbite.

thats because we take our orders from DBDC DS.

AuiNur, I believe you have made a slight clerical error. ;)

Carry on the discussion, folks, it is quite interesting to see words coming out from both sides of this conflict, especially since it is mostly speculation and not so much factual information.  :popcorn:

Supplying nations with tech that are at war with us is the opposite of uninvolved.

We're back to this? Attacking tech sellers during wars hasn't been a thing for years.

Maybe you should have put up an announcement that DT Probes is part of your alliance, if it really is.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

DT Probes has been part of DT for many years. It's difficult to say exactly how many since the idea is people eventually move onto our AA, but it's 3 years at least.

thats because we take our orders from DBDC.

Yeh, it's like this, DT Probes is a training academy for DT - which in itself is actually a training academy for DBDC.

You may think you are, but try to buck the trend and see how you go

DT has never been an alliance to set trends. We are simply too apathetic and indifferent for CN. DBDC is not unlike us in that regard, which is why we get along pretty well. You will not find DT/DBDC scheming to take over CN nor subjugate other alliances - despite how much you want to believe this.

DT has never been an alliance to set trends. We are simply too apathetic and indifferent for CN. DBDC is not unlike us in that regard, which is why we get along pretty well. You will not find DT/DBDC scheming to take over CN nor subjugate other alliances - despite how much you want to believe this.

No, because if they took them over DBDC would have less of an excuse to hit everyone's upper tiers every so often. :V:

If you want to attack our members, expect some retaliation.  You attacked our defenseless members since you couldn't attack DBDC, so we attacked your defenseless ally like you attacked our defenseless members.  

This is a sad, sad story.  I shed a tear for DT Probes.

66ROoHg.jpg

If you want to attack our members, expect some retaliation.  You attacked our defenseless members since you couldn't attack DBDC, so we attacked your defenseless ally like you attacked our defenseless members.  

Ehh I'm on your side here but that spin is making schatt look like a straight talker.. let's be honest here they attacked your members who were aiding people that attacked them for shits and giggles.

You attacked them because you curbstomped them so bad that you had no targets left and were bored.

If its gonna be the lulz coalition, be the lulz coalition. Jeez.

There's still no reason to attack players who were legitimately involved in a tech deal with another member of an allied alliance. The reason for the wars are funny to me because he's making it seem like it's already been discussed and settled. The reality, to my knowledge, is that we were never contacted beforehand or even after the wars had started. Wouldn't it make more sense if they had contacted us like gentlemen beforehand to kindly request that we tell our members to not tech deal with DBDS? Clearly there was more to it than a mere tech deal.

Edited by Hunterman1043

There's still no reason to attack players who were legitimately involved in a tech deal with another member of an allied alliance. The reason for the wars are funny to me because he's making it seem like it's already been discussed and settled. The reality, to my knowledge, is that we were never contacted beforehand or even after the wars had started. Wouldn't it make more sense if they had contacted us like gentlemen beforehand to kindly request that we tell our members to not tech deal with DBDS? Clearly there was more to it than a mere tech deal.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/124958-imperial-decree-dbdc/

The Emperor posted the reasons and the warning right here. My understanding is your govt was contacted and refused to stop sending tech to DBDC, and because of this some DT probes tech suppliers were targeted. The lesson has not been learned, and Imperial Command reserves the right to target them further, depending on military conditions.

I think it is a fair and measured response considering DBDC has been targeting individual Polar nations for so long. Edited by Tywin Lannister