CNRPA Anti-Hegemony Rule/Standard

Maelstrom Vortex

I find this strange. I thought no one here liked bandwagoning.. I propose anti-bandwagoning measures.. and I get the absolute opposite of the anticipated response. Sure it limits certain types of RP, but it prevents abuse scenarios.. *scratches head*

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The main problem is the rule would effectively only impact Mael, therefore there's not any real motivation to pursue it. Anyone else in the RP community who is over 100k does not have an interest in joining RPA.

Edited by Mogar

No I refuse to agree to any decision that limits certain people over others. If this type of thing is really wanted then we shall make it so that no one can ally/work with anyone else and we all hate/fight each other.  Otherwise just leave things as they are.

Also considering that here in cnrpA conflict is by participation only and can't be forced on anyone this proposal is pointless. 

I suppose this is true Kevin, but as others have said, if there were a lot of high powered nations in CNRPA and they did happen to ally, and they both did want to fight you, how would you collaborate with that? It'd be a gentleman's curb stomp essentially. I just think a framework of rational limitations might be prudent.

I suppose this is true Kevin, but as others have said, if there were a lot of high powered nations in CNRPA and they did happen to ally, and they both did want to fight you, how would you collaborate with that? It'd be a gentleman's curb stomp essentially. I just think a framework of rational limitations might be prudent.

The solution would be easy enough you either A) accept you are going to have to fight a hard battle with more than likely zero percent chance of success, B) Work out an agreement to limit numbers/participants or C) ignore them and continue on doing what you want to do without them.  

Edited by Kevin Kingswell

That's a good option, but keep in mind, ignoring someone doesn't mean it won't be reflected on the map. 

Really? I thought the ignore option was there so that if someone didn't want their peaceful RP ruined by someone else they could go on doing what they wanted. If this isn't true then what is the point of cnrpA it is just the same as every other rp just minus the fact that people like Triyun haven't or won't join it. 

And there's why you see my proposing this. In an open system you can hope for rationality, but it's not always gauranteed.. and if the results cannot be ignored without penalty, it can harm the community and individual players. In such a system, I at least would like to see a mult-ipolar world sustained rather than a single dominant group or person.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

And there's why you see my proposing this. In an open system you can hope for rationality, but it's not always gauranteed.. and if the results cannot be ignored without penalty, it can harm the community and individual players. In such a system, I at least would like to see a mult-ipolar world sustained rather than a single dominant group or person.

Yes but I feel it has too much discrimination involved. I mean what if three small nations ally together to declare on a single small nation are we going to ban those nations from allying as well? Sure they aren't 100k but allied together they would still vastly outnumber a single nation. Either we have to ban everyone from allying or we just allow people to do as they wish.   

If this passes I'm seriously going back to RP2 being my mainstay, this is a clearly targetted attack on a few people simply as a contingency and would unfairly limit people when we have perfectly good methods in place to do it in a fair and non-discriminatory way.

You should consider focusing on Yeru's fantasy rp more, it's a much more pleasant and enjoyable rp experience.

If this passes I'm seriously going back to RP2 being my mainstay, this is a clearly targetted attack on a few people simply as a contingency and would unfairly limit people when we have perfectly good methods in place to do it in a fair and non-discriminatory way.

>going back to rp2

yeah okay and i'm gonna fly a plane to [fhic's location] and stop you :rolleyes:

nah but really it looks like nobody wants this so i think we're okay

FHIC: Why would I attack myself unless I'm trying to do something good for everyone? I mean seriously. Who else's hands would be bound by this until other 100kers came on board?

Because you're misguided perhaps? There's nothing that 100kers can do that I couldn't do just as well.