Hello Planet Bob

Slayer99

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we all required to be relevant to know someone was hasn't played the game for five years then comes back asking if anyone missed him? More than likely there is a whole new generation that has never heard of him, nor care to know who he is. It's just an old player returning, who was seeking attention by asking on the forums if anyone missed him who has been gone for five years, and assumes anyone cares that he is back. 

I wouldn't say he is "just" an old timer.  The ranks of those who have had as large an impact on the world, for better or worse, are not that great in number.

I wouldn't say he is "just" an old timer.  The ranks of those who have had as large an impact on the world, for better or worse, are not that great in number.

I think the point is that newer players wouldn't know who Slayer is, regardless of what sort of impact he previously had. Having said that, if that's the case then I'm not sure why that person commented at all then.

It's cyclic! lol

I personally am willing to look past what you did in the past because it's been so long, but I wasn't directly involved, so I understand why the Nor people aren't welcoming you with open arms.  

Quick, Sign a NAP with TPF so we can break it again!!

Oh man I remember being in the middle of this.

Edited by Azaghul

Anyone who makes NoR buttmad is a hero in my book.

[OOC]I'm upset about RL people who were run out of a game to satisfy the frustrations of someone who admitted to me that, while a police officer, he always felt helpless when dealing with skinheads. Suddenly he had some kind of fantasy power and then decided to do something about it, targetting people who didn't even come close to fitting his imaginary profile.

Meanwhile, NoR is still one of the most diverse alliances around. I'm talking real people, not some theme.

I am not 'mad' as a member of some silly alliance in some silly game. I am pissed off that a guy who lives in a pretty spectacular glass house decided to throw stones and got away with it. On top of it all, managed to get away with telling someone -- the owner of NoV's forum -- what to do with their RL property. There's a name for that kind of behavior around these parts, but it slips my mind at the moment....

You need to find yourself a better hero. I've yet to meet anyone who wasn't flawed in some way, but trust me when I say you can do much better.[/OOC]

[OOC]I'm upset about RL people who were run out of a game to satisfy the frustrations of someone who admitted to me that, while a police officer, he always felt helpless when dealing with skinheads. Suddenly he had some kind of fantasy power and then decided to do something about it, targetting people who didn't even come close to fitting his imaginary profile.

Meanwhile, NoR is still one of the most diverse alliances around. I'm talking real people, not some theme.

I am not 'mad' as a member of some silly alliance in some silly game. I am pissed off that a guy who lives in a pretty spectacular glass house decided to throw stones and got away with it. On top of it all, managed to get away with telling someone -- the owner of NoV's forum -- what to do with their RL property. There's a name for that kind of behavior around these parts, but it slips my mind at the moment....

You need to find yourself a better hero. I've yet to meet anyone who wasn't flawed in some way, but trust me when I say you can do much better.[/OOC]

[OOC]

First off, you're flat out lying.  I never dealt with any skinheads in my 2 years as a police officer.  If anything, as a libertarian, I'd defend their freedom of speech (though not criminal actions).  What I did say is I could do things in character which were things that didn't agree with my IRL ideology.  I could go on an on but it really doesn't matter does it?

[/OOC]

The butthurt is really strong with a number of you...which is what really made it fun.  Loved or hated, I wasn't forgotten.

Never heard of you.

Also: Are we all going to return? A lot of old school names popping up lately. lol

Wow, you're back.  You were always one of my favorite players even when we were at political odds.  :)

Someone get kingzog a tissue.  Possibly several.

[ooc]As far as forcing people to do stuff with property outside the game, I think we can all agree that's wrong, and have all agreed that it's wrong, and that sort of stuff was outlawed in the ToS for a reason.  Times were also different back then and we were getting a feel for a lot of stuff and there was a lot of boundary testing.  That was one such boundary that was tested and then clearly drawn.  Move on.

Beyond that, though, whatever Slayer's motivations for playing the game how he saw fit are irrelevant.  You are advocating that he should not be part of this community because you disagree with, in an OOC sense, his motivations for actions he took IC.  That is insanity.  Utter insanity.  As long as the actions are totally IC, the reasons are irrelevant.  Just as NoR is allowed to appropriate clearly and provably Nazi-originating materials and then edit them into their completely fictional alliance mythos in the context of a fictionalized game, so to is Slayer allowed to play the game as he so desires.  Your, and his, motivations for play style, are not something that should be policed in an OOC context.  If you want to dispute it IC, by all means, dispute it IC.  It's a friggin' game, and you're allowed to play it.  But when you're posting in pretty much an exclusively OOC manner to attack the person behind the character?  Persecuting an actual person for thoughtcrimes?

You are an incredibly bitter man.  Get over it.  It's always irritated me that people use the OOC/IC line as a tool to harass people OOC.  Okay when your friends do it to harass actual people but not okay when someone uses OOC motivations to perform completely IC actions?  Hypocrisy abounds.[/ooc]

No. You are trying to impart your flawed memory of events onto the victim of it. You have basically listed all the things Slayer is guilty of and hoped that you have made the equally forgetful think these are things NoR have done. FYI, wrong AA but don't let facts get in the way of an agreed narrative. You remind me of those people who blame women who get raped because of what they were wearing.

I could join in with this but I think the question that needs answering is - do any of us really want to go back over this? No one comes out of it clean or looking particularly good.

I don't know about you but I look fabulous

stewie-stewie-griffin-887937_320_232.jpg