Dearest Tywin

HeroofTime55

Two things.

First of all, you aren't Vladimir, so please stop trying to be.

Secondly, and this is just copy-pasted from a blog comment of mine and is the main reason I'm making a thread:

I don't know why the term "lulzist" is making the rounds again.  It's inaccurate and stupid.

The so-called "lulzist" faction has two parts: DBDC and their ilk, bent on the destruction of everything and on the verge of permanently winning the game, and NPO and company, who think they're being smart by tagging along and getting a taste of power again, without a goddamn clue that they're next on the menu.

It bears repeating.

[ooc]Thirdly, my new year's celebrations have been marred by a wonderful case of food poisoning, so forgive me if I don't respond with haste to the inevitable drivel that will get posted in this thread.  I had a couple extra minutes in between bouts of dry heaving.  Posting here is actually just a hair more fun than being doubled over a bucket.  Just a hair.[/ooc]

Edited by HeroofTime55

Lulzism is not a thing, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is tired of the use of that term.

Nor does DBDC have plans for world domination or anything of the sort.

Don't really need to plan anything anymore when it's all been handed to you on a silver platter.

I don't think you have any plans for what you're going to do with your power, but it's pretty clear that after this war, a couple of quick and obvious cleanup operations will secure the position.  This could loosely be described as a "plan," though, again, it's pretty obvious to all but the willingly blind.

I would love to hear what Pacifica believes is going to happen though.  That, to me, is the far more interesting story here.  Do they think they're going to take back power from DBDC on their own?  Do they think, as they have in the past, that those they are currently screwing over are going to help them back to the top after this war finishes up?  I can't imagine what silliness is running through their heads!

That's the difference.  DBDC are acting in practical terms.  They have virtually the entire top tier of the world totally secured, and they are more than happy to let Pacifica have their little delusion of grandeur while wiping out the remaining possible opposition.

You know what happens after this war?  DBDC gets to raid the top tiers of anyone they like with zero opposition.  All pretense of diplomacy is gone.  You grow your nation so big as to get in range of DBDC, then you get beaten back down.  That's pretty much it.  And with that, nobody can ever reach the highest tiers from that point on, barring a major change in mechanics or years (possibly decades) of absolute dedication.  Or DBDC fracturing or becoming bored, which could happen I suppose, but that's nothing to rely on.

Pacifica is a 12 year old child running around with their pants at their ankles, thinking they're the coolest/smartest/cleverest in the world right now.  It's kinda just sad tbh.  It's not the greatest analogy in the world but I'm not in top mental condition at the moment.

Don't really need to plan anything anymore when it's all been handed to you on a silver platter.

I don't think you have any plans for what you're going to do with your power, but it's pretty clear that after this war, a couple of quick and obvious cleanup operations will secure the position.  This could loosely be described as a "plan," though, again, it's pretty obvious to all but the willingly blind.

I would love to hear what Pacifica believes is going to happen though.  That, to me, is the far more interesting story here.  Do they think they're going to take back power from DBDC on their own?  Do they think, as they have in the past, that those they are currently screwing over are going to help them back to the top after this war finishes up?  I can't imagine what silliness is running through their heads!

That's the difference.  DBDC are acting in practical terms.  They have virtually the entire top tier of the world totally secured, and they are more than happy to let Pacifica have their little delusion of grandeur while wiping out the remaining possible opposition.

You know what happens after this war?  DBDC gets to raid the top tiers of anyone they like with zero opposition.  All pretense of diplomacy is gone.  You grow your nation so big as to get in range of DBDC, then you get beaten back down.  That's pretty much it.  And with that, nobody can ever reach the highest tiers from that point on, barring a major change in mechanics or years (possibly decades) of absolute dedication.  Or DBDC fracturing or becoming bored, which could happen I suppose, but that's nothing to rely on.

Pacifica is a 12 year old child running around with their pants at their ankles, thinking they're the coolest/smartest/cleverest in the world right now.  It's kinda just sad tbh.  It's not the greatest analogy in the world but I'm not in top mental condition at the moment.

Observation the 1st: You are feeding into the cycle of Tywin's posting. If you don't like it, ignore him.

Observation the 2d: NPO has survived this long due to cunning and the remarkable dedication of a few generations of IO's. I highly doubt they have some pie in the sky vision of the future.

Observation the 3rd: DBDC may one day grow to such levels that they're irrelevant to the world at large. They already are to the mid and lower tier. Regardless of all that, I'm personally looking forward to what they do with the throne.

Observation the 1st: You are feeding into the cycle of Tywin's posting. If you don't like it, ignore him.

Observation the 2d: NPO has survived this long due to cunning and the remarkable dedication of a few generations of IO's. I highly doubt they have some pie in the sky vision of the future.

Observation the 3rd: DBDC may one day grow to such levels that they're irrelevant to the world at large. They already are to the mid and lower tier. Regardless of all that, I'm personally looking forward to what they do with the throne.

NPO survives due to culture, not due to the skill of any of it's former or present leaders.  What other alliance can sell speedos to the world at large?  Pacifica has an incredibly strong culture.  But culture alone won't shield them from what is to come.

NPO survives due to culture, not due to the skill of any of it's former or present leaders.  What other alliance can sell speedos to the world at large?  Pacifica has an incredibly strong culture.  But culture alone won't shield them from what is to come.

It's incredibly silly to say that your option precludes mine, don't you think?

Question: Why do you crackpots think you can see invisible power grabs better than the people, y'know, involved?

Question: Who are you addressing your question to? If the answer includes me, what invisible power grab did I theorize on/or refer to?

That's one analysis, a more accurate one might be that DBDC does not particularly care about Pacifica and what they do; they are a sovereign alliance, and what they want to do is up to them, if they want to "rule the world", there's absolutely no problem there for DBDC, so long as they don't declare "eternal war" on DBDC's tech suppliers like Polaris has.

Alliances always rise and fall based on various factors.

You know what happens after this war?  DBDC gets to raid the top tiers of anyone they like with zero opposition.

That's been happening since forever anyway, this particular war changes nothing regarding that fact.

Sounds like you're jealous or something? Can't we all just be friends and fight every now and again?

Sounds like you're jealous or something? Can't we all just be friends and fight every now and again?

I just fought him, SCM, and trust me: it's not all that entertaining. I imagine Rikhard would agree with me.

I just fought him, SCM, and trust me: it's not all that entertaining. I imagine Rikhard would agree with me.

Oooh, the "you're not good at war" card!  Alas, I have been cornered by your superior debate skills!

I have not had stellar activity rates in this world for some time.  I came out of hippie to keep the DBDC guy out of hippie, and that's pretty much it.

[ooc]Factor in several days away to celebrate new years and the subsequent bout with salmonella poisoning, even if i was active, you wouldn't have gotten a fight out of me regardless[/ooc]

Anyway, heard you guys were looking for peace with us.  Hopefully our boys can send you some terms of surrender that you find agreeable or something.  Idunno.  It just seems a totally apathetic world where the aggressors come to the defenders begging the defenders to surrender, so, like, I hope we don't contribute to that general degeneracy.  Not that any of it matters anyway, again, any pretense of diplomacy is no more in this world now.  I for one am happy to be in conflict for the foreseeable future, but I don't decide RIA's direction.

But given that DBDC is going to raid the upper tiers of whoever they want, whenever they want, it is reasonable to do away with the pretense of "peace" in my opinion.  I hope I speak for more than just myself, when I say that I have no interest in the quick resolution you folks seem so keen on.  War has to cost something, if only the endless harassment of your lower tiers.

Anyway, heard you guys were looking for peace with us.  Hopefully our boys can send you some terms of surrender that you find agreeable or something.  Idunno.  It just seems a totally apathetic world where the aggressors come to the defenders begging the defenders to surrender

[...] I hope I speak for more than just myself, when I say that I have no interest in the quick resolution you folks seem so keen on. 

Yes, that's exactly what happened. I went to Ogaden and begged to surrender to the superior forces of the Random Insanity Alliance. It couldn't possibly be that I offered him peace because there are alliances in this coalition that would rather not see RIA continue getting hit until the last day of the war. There's not the slightest possibility that I was being polite and trying to do right by my coalition-mates. Nope, it was definitely a cowardly surrender.

Yes, that's exactly what happened. I went to Ogaden and begged to surrender to the superior forces of the Random Insanity Alliance. It couldn't possibly be that I offered him peace because there are alliances in this coalition that would rather not see RIA continue getting hit until the last day of the war. There's not the slightest possibility that I was being polite and trying to do right by my coalition-mates. Nope, it was definitely a cowardly surrender.

You misunderstand.  I said you asked us to surrender, not that you asked to surrender to us.

I suggested, then, that it should be the one who is seeking the end of the war who surrenders.

I did not use the word "coward" because the word "coward" is not applicable.  I felt that the action lay somewhere between "sad joke" and "mild insult."  I also felt it was more of a reflection of the general decadence of the world at large, than a reflection of your alliance in particular.