State of the Union

Captain Enema

I'm seeing some people grouse here and there about how things are going. That's to be expected and I don't mind discussions of this sort. However, I'd like to riddle you all this.

Retcons.

When did Retcons become such an all pervasive part of our role playing experience? I remember them sneaking their way into cnrp due to a Moderator retconning an entire war. I'm sure there are many more examples of retcons before that specific one but that is the one I remember the most.

Since then it's become highly popular to be as difficult as possible to avoid role playing in hopes of landing a retcon. 

The recent Alaska war brought about a universal desire for change amongst the GM team. I will concede that our method of changing this can be debated, probably debated quite a bit.

Luckily for the 3 amigos, and the GM team, this intervention of the GM team rping insurgent forces to throw Japan, Mexi-texas and Oregon out Alaska wasn't put to the test. 

This is how I feel, I'm not going to retcon anything if I can possibly avoid it. Go ahead and start a stupidly conceived war. Go for it. I'm not going to vote yes to a retcon.

We have dice rolls, we have coin flips, and what not. These tools are going to be used to move your stupidly conceived role play towards a conclusion. If you refuse to participate, autos will be awarded and you will suffer.

Which brings me to my next point.

If you truly want to collaborate, you might have to accept losing in favor for winning in a protracted struggle that spans time and threads. A loss today can be turned into a win next month by gathering your forces and choosing an engagement at a time and place that is to your liking.

Stop thinking in the short term and gleefully embrace the potential of the long term. 

I only support Retcons in the most dire of situations, such as war over OOC reasons instead of IC reasons, other than that, you make an action in character, you should be forced to have to deal with that action. Know who you are dealing with and how to deal with them, if you don't want conflict don't incite it by instigating characters that are known for violence and a thin grasp on reality.

Edited by Lysergide

I think you mean dire and in general I like where your head is at. Only thing is, it's devilishly hard to prove ooc/ic crossing and I personally am not going to hop in Robin Master's Ferrari and tool around the Main Island looking for evidence of it. There are cases of it where it was so obvious it made my face hurt just to read it, but that went down in cnrp.

Short version of all of this, protracted struggles = good, stop being lazy, write more, work with your fellow rpers, and take one on the chin now and then hoping you'll get a shot back to the other guy's junk.

Also, no more retcons, excepting what lyser mentioned. 

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

I think you mean dire and in general I like where your head is at. Only thing is, it's devilishly hard to prove ooc/ic crossing and I personally am not going to hop in Robin Master's Ferrari and tool around the Main Island looking for evidence of it.

Holy crap people still watch that show :O

However with proper evidence than it should be made available, as long as the party that was attacked for OOC reasons, agrees to the wipe, because not all players might want their war wiped.

Well yeah, of course it would be wiped. 

Providing the evidence is provided by the person that needs to provide it.