Golden Raspberry Awards 2014 - Award Ceremony

alyster

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been trying to tell people they are TRYING to be MK. Only the have not one personality or anyone charismatic enough to make it work.

I can't comment on the founded intention, but that's certainly not the case now. Though it's not a bad idea. I did love me some MK.

When you have a lulzist echo chamber spewing "Tywin is bad" and "SNX is bad" and "MI6 is bad" and even "Dajobo is bad" it's not surprising that a large chunk of public opinion, lots of it being comprised of cowards and infra huggers, vote that way.

But for me, popularity among the irrelevant and especially the Enemy, is lesser than honor and glory. I accept this award with pride.

Admin forbid people have informed opinions on which they base their statements.

Ive been trying to tell people they are TRYING to be MK. Only the have not one personality or anyone charismatic enough to make it work.

Plenty of people who opposed MK wholeheartedly in MI6, let alone the fact that their gaming style doesn't remind me of MK at all. Edited by Garion

They voted for themselves to be edgy.

Which makes me feel like they deserve it. Meh.

Tbh I didn't open a single one of these until the awards, because I figured I'd see the results I did.

It's always been a dream of mine, you know?

The 'its funny to lose intentionally' mentality is prevalent in both cultures is all he's saying I believe.

Pretty much this. It is surprising that not more people got what I meant. The culture is the "Hey look at me!" culture. The belief that the more times their name comes up on ANY discussion, the more of a victory it is for the alliance and the more relevant they feel like they are. No, they are not MK. MK had personality, political power and charisma to back up their sometimes teenage-ish angst ridden edginess.

Pretty much this. It is surprising that not more people got what I meant. The culture is the "Hey look at me!" culture. The belief that the more times their name comes up on ANY discussion, the more of a victory it is for the alliance and the more relevant they feel like they are. No, they are not MK. MK had personality, political power and charisma to back up their sometimes teenage-ish angst ridden edginess.

If you'd quit talking about us so damn much, old friend, our name might not come up so often in every discussion.

MI6's propensity for talkativeness and nonsense has been greatly diminished over the past few months, yet you insist on the same tired talking points.  

Nobody in MI6 wants to be anything other than MI6.  We are paying the price of our and our allies' lack of political foresight, and that's perfectly fine - it's how Bob works, after all.  

If you'd quit talking about us so damn much, old friend, our name might not come up so often in every discussion.

MI6's propensity for talkativeness and nonsense has been greatly diminished over the past few months, yet you insist on the same tired talking points.  

Nobody in MI6 wants to be anything other than MI6.  We are paying the price of our and our allies' lack of political foresight, and that's perfectly fine - it's how Bob works, after all.  

When the war ends, I may do just that... until then, I take it upon myself to remind people why they should be glad to be fighting you. Until this war peaces and a new FA gambit begins to play out, your alliance is squarely an enemy of mine.

Heres a revant mini-story:

All the orcs of middle earth, who outnumbered civilized Men and Elves by tenfold and more, held a vote that would include elves and men, since they had far fewer votes anyway. Orcs like to talk alot, holding allegiance to no nation but rather Sauron, so they all came to the same conclusions as to who to vote for:

Worst Maia spirit: Gandalf (hes such an asshole and everyone hates him!)
Worst leader: Aragorn (look at his past, he cant stay in one place)
Worst Nation: Gondor (they are retarded fighting sauron lulz)

We've hardly been on these forums at all since roughly January of last year, but people will feed basically any shit they're shoveled even on an OOC board in order to fulfil IC ends.

When I originally made Razzies in CN they were not intended to down play anyone publicly or humiliate recipients; I intended to mock the Unknown Smurf's CN Awards competition. Today I find it funny how Mi6 and Tywin are trying to hide being hurt by this public unpopularity contest. If it truly is as irrelevant, why pay it so much attention and arguing back; especially in the 5th topic this year. Both of you were cheering for your own wins in the previous topics. Despite being allied to both of you from my point of view as author of OP; I had to reflect what public voted for.

Last year for example IRON had a sweep of collecting 5 awards. This year I cut one of the categories (Loser of the Year) because last year showed in voting pattern it was covered by Worst Alliance and Wost Diplo Team. For some reason people kept voting for alliances who were "losers" not "had lost the most". Another category cut before voting was the worst treaty for the lack of decent nominations. Aside nominations like "All of them" and few mergers. Why am I saying this? Both of these lost and forgotten Razzies went to IRON last year. So in fair comparison Mi6 you got 2 this year, in same categories IRON got 3 last year. Look at where they are now. They didn't !@#$%* about it. The alliance most likely to fail in 2014 had an awesome year I'd say. 

Atlas, SNX and the entire Aft are pretty "meh" about their Razzies. No one really cares, seems neither do they. Commies even wanted the Aft's Razzie for themselves. 

But I'm not really worried about you Mi6, you just had some truely bad last months of the year. But Tywin in denial is just humorous. 

Edited by alyster