Jump to content

World Leaders, Still


Shave N Haircut
 Share

Recommended Posts

While they had only met briefly, the situation in France was quickly deteriorating, and Kazuko could not simply allow Jeanne's sister to handle the pressure alone. Understanding what would likely be asked, Plans were set into motion for the Rapid Reaction Force to be put at high alert, along with shipments of armor and other types of weaponry that may be required.

 

 

To:The Officer of the Empress of France

From: The Office of the Empress of The Great East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere

I will arrive in two hours. It appears you are going to have a trial by fire, but I will do everything I can to ensure you and France come out of the flames intact and stronger than ever.

Noblesse oblige,
Empress Hoshiko

 

As said, the Haybusa would make its way to France with a fighter escort, this time bringing several squads of the Empress' Guard along with her due to the instability, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tanilee stood outside the Palace and awaited the arrival of her counterpart patiently, having well known the relationship she'd shared with her sister. She would arrive in a few minutes after a long flight, so she didn't expect the Empress to be in such a good mood, but she didn't need to be, she just needed to be receptive and useful. Tanilee waited, and when the Japanese Empress eventually did arrive, she gave her a bright smile, "Your Majesty, it's good to meet you finally, my sister did talk of nothing but you. Please, come with me."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kazuko was tired, it seemed that there was crisis after crisis, and she had to be everywhere on earth at once. She covered her mouth as she yawned, stepping off the plane and down the steps to meet her counterpart, returning the smile she extended a hand, "While we've never been formally introduced, I am quite happy to meet you Empress Tanilee, though I wish it was under better circumstances..." She reached to her side, a second katana slung upon her waist, she unwrapped the abric holding it onto her, bowing slightly as she presented it. "I have a gift for you, The Sword of Tahiti. It was meant to be a gift for Jeanne, but she would want you to have this."

 

When she pulled the Burmese Rosewood Sheath from the blade, it would reveal a a blade made out of a titanium steel alloy, the blade was oxidized black, not reflecting any light. The guard was made of the same metal and adorned with gold and black pearls. The handle was wrapped in the finest synthetic fabrics, with a pommel containing a large Emerald, the same color as Jeanne's eyes.

Edited by Mogar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tanilee took the sword and sheath and looked at the weapon very critically, "A rather appropriate weapon I should say." she says, clearly very pleased with it, "Should I survive the onslaught I now face I shall attempt to repay this gift with one of my own, though that should be the first priority, come with me there is much to discuss." she nods over her shoulder, holding the weapon low as they walked to one of the smaller conference chambers, a pair of guards accompanying them the whole way, "Security has been greatly heightened in the area since my sister's untimely death, "While we grew more distant as the years went on, I still held quite the regard for my sister and her achievement. I was sorely grieved to hear of her demise."

 

"But that isn't what I'm here to talk to you about." she plugs a USB into the table, which instantly displayed a large map of France with tentative zones of control displayed, "We're outnumbered and greatly outgunned. Whether God is on our side is yet to be seen, but even His might would have difficulty seeing us through this in any swift manner. Fortunately our foes cannot decide whether to eliminate me or each other first."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The most important question is which of the three groups opposing do you feel is strongest? Turning them into the villains within this conflict through sustained propaganda efforts can afford you some breathing room to get reinforcements from elsewhere. I'm going to work under the assumption the nationalists would likely be that choice. We have the ability to bring in by Sea or Air a significant amount of arms to assist you. The real question is what do you need of the Imperium Your Highness?" 

Edited by Mogar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The Republicans have more force than any of us but they are separated, they don't work well together and we've heard rumor of actual armed conflict between the various factions. By far the most dangerous is the Nationalists, they're led by military figures and their military force is almost entirely made of trained men." Tanilee says, looking at the table, "And they present the largest threat to our legitimacy by attacking Paris. We tried to eliminate the Communists early but we failed, they're more dangerous than we thought."

 

She sighs, "Nothing we've done has succeeded to any great degree."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kazuko was saddened by the forlorn expression Tanilee wore. The young woman reminded her so much of Jeanne so many years ago, she had the same fire in her eyes, that sense of ambition she found so attractive after the quick nuclear exchange with the Chinese that had collapsed their government and Kazuko had to go around the world begging for help. Now the tables were turned and it was France stuck in an awful situation. Kazuko had done diplomacy to ensure France's stability once before when Jeanne had been distracted by her opponents internally for several years and Europe had begun collapsing all around her. Now with France fractured and divided once more, Kazuko would do the same.

 

"It's not as bad as it seems dear, nor should you be so hard upon yourself after having taken up your sister's mantle in a time of such chaos. You control several airports, with which Imperium and allied forces can assist in stabilizing the situation, and turning the odds to your favor. I will work on ensuring none of your neighbors act against France directly while you restore order, and you will sit upon the throne Jeanne once did. What are your current forces? I will need estimates of your current men and equipment so I can decide how to proceed and what you will require to beat back these vultures who attempt to prey upon France."

Edited by Mogar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I need manpower more than anything. Skilled manpower with which I could eliminate the worst of my enemies and compromise with the more sensible ones to prevent further bloodshed, I just need more time, more men, weapons are no issue, we still control the industrial centers other than the Northern regions." she grips the table hard, "Although, pilots and planes are always appreciated as well."

 

She takes a deep breath, "I've got approximately 250,000 Regulars and 350,000 Militia and volunteers, which is barely enough to man all the fronts, much less make progress."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Several moments would be spent fiddling with her phone as she mentioned the specifics. "I cannot devote the full strength of the Imperium to this endeavor, though considering the the last time we had a significant build up of forces within France, we started a World War, and your neighbors all have memories of that. We have a force of two divisions, 40,000 men, on standby to assist your forces, as for airpower... 5 Squadrons of F-15J/Ks can be brought over with minimal effort.

 

There is of course a concern that others may use your weakness to topple your regime, or otherwise further irritate the situation, leaving you weakened. They could also use one of the other factions to create a more favorable government to their own interests. I cannot pretend that I am not doing the same, but what you elect to do once your power is secure is out of my hands, You are a LaQueu. Jeanne, Gods rest her soul, would not want her legacy to end with her tragic death, I wish to see you carry on your sister's banner and resume the French position as a leader in Europe, and the world." Kazuko sighed and sat down for a moment, her gaze going blank, almost staring through the table in front of her, looking back up at Tanilee she feigned a smile, "That's the trick for this job my dear, no matter what happens you have to just adapt the hand you're dealt to fit what you want to do. I cannot simply stand idle while all that Jeanne and I accomplished falls apart."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I understand what you're saying." she says with a sigh, pursing her lips a little, "Any help would be indispensable." she stands up straight and brushes her hair back away from her eyes, a muted explosion heard off in the distance making her flinch a little, "Another cruise missile..." she mutters, "The sooner you can get it here the better, for all of us."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She stood and was about to turn before she thought of one more thing. "I do have one other thing to discuss with you, if you don't mind. I am wary of the stranglehold that is being held upon the Med. The last time we allowed Gibraltar and the Suez to be held by other nations it led to conflict. What are your thoughts on this?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"With Socotra under our control now, and your own recent additions, we make up the majority of the Indian Ocean powers. I was curious to know what your thoughts would be to potentially securing the Mandeb Strait under a joint protectorate, similar to how the ESP has done for the Suez and Gibraltar. I would consider adding Druk Yul to this agreement if they elected to of course, I wouldn't want anyone to feel excluded."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I wouldn't be against it but I hope you understand if I can't exactly spare anything for the purpose yet." she says, sighing again and crossing herself, praying for a moment quietly, "This is a hell of a way to start a career. The worst part is that many have inherited worse and done better than I'm doing right now."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...