Producers vs Parasites 2: Types of Nations

The Zigur

An accurate picture of the OWF in 2014: http://imgur.com/iq0QVT0

For the record, if y'all really do offer $9m for 100 tech, you're swindling your own buyers. No one with half a brain should pay that rate.

Keep in mind that until not that long ago, the global standard rate was $6m for 100 tech. Increasing profit for selling tech by that much is a sure fire way to get rid of Bob's sellers at an even faster rate than they're already going.

It's never been that, but hey, I've always had a soft spot for marketing departments so why not?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize you're saying that about a coalition with the two largest mass-recruitement alliances in the game in this coalition right? One of which has the most casualties of any alliance in the game because we've been using "pixel-hugging" tactics throughout our existence. So you're logic is a bit faulty there.

Did you read the "Lost and the Damned" segment?

So then why are you attacking the oppressed "DBDC slave nations" if they are simply victims of DBDC "oppression"? That's not very constructive to build order.

Remember, DBDC has been at war with the civilized world for over a year now, ever since Mushqaeda they have never ceased in their plots and aggression, and indeed have only grown bolder. Just because they attempt to isolate their tech slaves on different satellite AAs does not exempt them from defensive retaliation, since DBDC has no value for civilized norms covered in the "Founders of Stability" segment. Edited by Tywin Lannister

For the record, if y'all really do offer $9m for 100 tech, you're swindling your own buyers. No one with half a brain should pay that rate.

Keep in mind that until not that long ago, the global standard rate was $6m for 100 tech. Increasing profit for selling tech by that much is a sure fire way to get rid of Bob's sellers at an even faster rate than they're already going.

Yet Polaris has never had a shortage of tech sellers. I think it is because in most alliances, tech buyers and sellers are left to their own devices to obtain tech, and without proper education newer nations usually end up think the goal is to grow fat infra laden nations.

But in Polaris, new nations are well trained and incorporated into a central tech dealing apparatus. They are taught that mindlessly buying more and more infrastructure and tech is not the ideal way to build a nation, and everyone whether low tier or upper tier is equally important... the goal is contributing to the Alliance. Edited by Tywin Lannister

They are taught that mindlessly buying more and more infrastructure and tech is not the ideal way to build a nation, and everyone whether low tier or upper tier is equally important... the goal is contributing to the Alliance.

Well there's an idea ... I just might have to run off and start an academy ...... Oh wait - we have one ....

Yet Polaris has never had a shortage of tech sellers. I think it is because in most alliances, tech buyers and sellers are left to their own devices to obtain tech, and without proper education newer nations usually end up think the goal is to grow fat infra laden nations.

But in Polaris, new nations are well trained and incorporated into a central tech dealing apparatus. They are taught that mindlessly buying more and more infrastructure and tech is not the ideal way to build a nation, and everyone whether low tier or upper tier is equally important... the goal is contributing to the Alliance.

You talk about your order/plan to stop people from sending tech to DBDC, but here I am, sending tech to them for 2 months non-stop and I still haven't been hit by polar. 

You talk about your order/plan to stop people from sending tech to DBDC, but here I am, sending tech to them for 2 months non-stop and I still haven't been hit by polar.

It is not my plan, though I do fervently support it. Obviously you will have hardcore lulzists like yourself who will break your own leg to send tech to your masters, but we can impact how much tech is sent by more rational denizens.

An accurate picture of the OWF in 2014: http://imgur.com/iq0QVT0

It's never been that, but hey, I've always had a soft spot for marketing departments so why not?

Yet he comes into a Tywin Lannister thread. You just make yourself look like an idiot. Congrats!

Tywin, not having tech actually makes you weaker and less effective in the long run.

Technology > 15 then happiness = + 5 + (Tech purchased * .02) up to level 200 tech

Technology lowers infrastructure upkeep costs up to a maximum 10% discount based on the following formula: (Technology Level * 2) / Nation Strength = Percent off infrastructure upkeep bill.

Not to mention the tech requirements for several wonder purchases as well as aircraft, naval units, nuclear and ground combat effectiveness. Edited by Williambonney

Tywin, not having tech actually makes you weaker and less effective in the long run.

Not to mention the tech requirements for several wonder purchases as well as aircraft, naval units, nuclear and ground combat effectiveness.

I'm comfortable with a solid 3k-4k infrastructure though, don't really feel the need to build beyond that.

It is not my plan, though I do fervently support it. Obviously you will have hardcore lulzists like yourself who will break your own leg to send tech to your masters, but we can impact how much tech is sent by more rational denizens.

Maybe hes DBDC whipped and proud of it. ^_^

Not to mention the tech requirements for several wonder purchases as well as aircraft, naval units, nuclear and ground combat effectiveness.

Those are the very minimal amount of tech amounts that you can buy without breaking the bank or making tech deals. You'll notice most nations have zero navy in the bottom tier and both aircraft/navy can be avoided to save money which is better for the long run. If you're too broke or would rather save the rest of your cash for an infra jump then its cheaper to rebuild infra over building and maintaining a navy and air-force.

If you're going to be getting rolled and you have a very high amount of infra, you'll most likely lose it anyway so why not open yourself up to DBDC's super tech nations and let them do you a favor of fast tracking your drop in bills. 0 infra in just a few days ^_^

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Did you read the "Lost and the Damned" segment?

Not really I was just pointing out the utter fallacy in the statement you made in the post I replied to. You can't make generalizations like that about coalitions of this size, and to claim that warring alliances are "pixel hugging" is really laughable.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Monty of the Herm

I'm comfortable with a solid 3k-4k infrastructure though, don't really feel the need to build beyond that.

So then why are you whining so much about upper tier politics and maneuvering if you're content to stagnate in the lower tier? If you're serious about your issues you'd put some skin in the game by growing your nation into the tiers you're lambasting and fight them. As it is you're as irrelevant as ever.

Edit: spelling.

Edited by Monty of the Herm

So then why are you whining so much about upper tier politics and maneuvering if you're content to stagnate in the lower tier? If you're serious about your issues you'd put some skin in the game by growing your nation into the tiers you're lambasting and fight them. As it is you're as irrelevant as ever.

They're being forced to stagnate in the lower tiers. This will just make all those currently burning for Doom-sphere, burn more.

You're all being played like the lap dogs you've always been to Doom-sphere. Just look at whose getting more and more control of the top tier. You don't understand how power over all works when you've got it but you'll find out the hard way.

My problem is not as an individual nation in relation to the top tier, my problem is with DBDC's assault against alliance sovereignty and independence.

6mil/100 tech rate forces buyers to stagnate in lower tiers. It amplifies dmg. Unless you're consistently using that tech to go raid, and only a very small minority are, it's not doing much for you economically after 5k levels. Also, to do a lot of damage requires a lot of tech.

A nation using proper growth techniques can very quickly grow to a level where it can sustain itself economically on a 6mil/200 tech rate. Under 90 days isn't out of the question. It's not using hidden knowledge we don't all have access to, it's simple matter of discipline and making the right, already preordained choices. The very best thing that nation can do for its alliance afterwards is to pump tech upward to nations that can sustain wars and do more damage. Even in alliances not prioritizing the growth of their upper tiers, getting their nations over the benchmark levels for getting things like WRC and utilizing EMP is a significant damage boost. Alliances should want their nations doing significant damage on the individual level.

A significant numerical or tactical advantage in one tier, be it uppers or lowers does not remove the very real benefit of doing heavy damage in the middle. Getting those mids to 10-15k tech keeps them out of the top 250 ranks but makes them scary as heck in high concentrations. 40-60 of those guys can eat their way down through a lot of guys before being spent v. long term mediocre nations in the 5-8k tech range that will drop their tech and sit in the cheap seats grinding up infra that'll be replaced with an aid drop.

My problem is not as an individual nation in relation to the top tier, my problem is with DBDC's assault against alliance sovereignty and independence.

All those who were raided by DBDC but never retaliated with any force are cowards. Wasn't Polar one of those in their early raids? That is why they have such huge amounts of land. The best way to retaliate is to drop nukes and destroy what they came for or they'll keep returning and they have been.

All those who were raided by DBDC but never retaliated with any force are cowards. Wasn't Polar one of those in their early raids? That is why they have such huge amounts of land. The best way to retaliate is to drop nukes and destroy what they came for or they'll keep returning and they have been.

I wasn't in Polar at the time, but if I recall correctly Polaris has fought back against every raid, as have a few other alliances. That's why DBDC has been so hell-bent on destroying Polaris all this time. They asked for Earth and Water, and they got kicked down a well.