Nordisk Rike-Malta Diplomacy

Lysergide

"It was done during the rebuilding from the prior great war that had plunged many nations back to the dark ages, it was implemented by the late King Karl Gustaf as a way to create jobs for the people and to bring the level of living up to a very high standard. It worked helping us rebuild last time, this time we know it will do the same."

"Do you have any recommendations for biographical sources on King Gustav? He sounds like a remarkable person for having accomplished all that he did. I'd like to broach a possibility for you on the matter of trade as well. As you can probably guess from Malta's expansion into foreign markets, we have an interest in forging new economic and commerce relationships where possible. We specifically seek expanding markets, markets that allow us to grow along with them. However, given your nation is a more mature market, it would be awkward to attempt the same sort of relationship we have with others. We'd like to organize a formal relationship, contractually of course, that allows us to import oil from the North Seas, historically speaking the North Seas has been the more stable oil producing region in the world, makes sense for us as all of our fuel is imported by ship as it is to look to the such a stable vendor."

"We would be more than willing to allow sale of Oil to you. It is one of our more profitable export, next to steel. We would be willing to allow a contract to exist for the sale of this product to you, and when the Greenland mess is over with, we will be seizing all the French Oil Platforms there in which to increase our output of oil."

She would look over the paper for a minute, before punching the numbers into her tablet and doing the math on the matter. "Yes, I believe we can agree to this price for the quantity of these products you wish to import a month. It is lower than the current standard rates going for such things, but to foster good relations between our two nations I think I can agree with this."

"We had assumed during costs that you would be transporting the material goods yourself. You will be allowed to use Oslo as a staging point so you don't have to incur the Sound Toll's so that you can bring the material back to your country. Of course this only applies if you were bringing the resources directly back to your nation, if you should be attempting to sell them to say Belarus or another nation within the Baltic your ships will still have to pay the Sound Toll."

"That seems reasonable. I'd also like to discuss a possible government level arrangement. Occasionally useful bits of information falls into our ears, we'd not be opposed to signing an agreement between our two governments that allows for the exchange of information that is pertinent to each other. I believe this is called a PIAT. Peace, Information, Aid, Treaty. I think we could revise the name a bit as we are already have pleasant relations with each other."

"I would be under the assumption to assume that if you had any information on the Rike you would share it with the Northlands whom then would share it with our nation. And the same would happen for you if the Rike had any information on Malta. We would theoretically get it through our shared ally. If you are interested in pursuing closer relations we could consider including intelligence sharing to our trade agreement."

"I believe the Rike can agree to a direct exchange of information with the Kingdom of Malta. It is something that we both have much to gain with nothing to lose, considering our different spheres of influence that we exist within, and our different contacts around the world. So Trade and the Exchange of Information, is there anything else that Malta would wish from the Rike at this time?"

"This would be allowable, I would recommend visiting the territories of Norway and Finland as they weren't hit as hard as the inner Sverige was hit. Denmark also managed to get by with minimal damage. But of course we would recommend that he always wear his gas mask and other protective items while in heavy radiation areas, that will always be marked out by signs prior to entry."