• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I see the stats of this war?  Also, congrats to all the parties.

~1.3m damage taken by TSC, 826k damage inflicted; both very high numbers relative to their size and the duration of the war; stuff got blown up good. As always, damage ratios don't tell the whole story; TSC didn't have the benefit of picking their targets in the first round, and that first round accounts for the vast majority of the gap in damage taken and received. 

What about the last war when i recall NG asking IRON to honor their treaty but IRON ignored it to be on the winning side?

Your post was about this war and asserted that IRON was rallying to the winning side. It spoke nothing about the last war.

And I'm sure that NG appreciates you holding a grudge for them. The fact that they don't hold it obviously means they are incapable of holding a grudge. Afterall, what else could it possibly mean?

Back on the actual topic though: Heard good things about the folks in TSC from our friends on the front. Congrats again on a well fought war. Edited by The Warrior

According to some old logs I recently read, Karma blew up in the face of your Imperial Officers. Didn't quite go the way they thought it would.

That's what I just said, that's not a war "turning" from one side to another. We thought we were in a place of strength which was clearly a facade and we did nothing to strengthen our position diplomatically in the buildup to the war. We simply were made aware of just how cornered and isolated we became by our own hubris, nothing "turned". Karma/Armageddon was another war that was determined before the first shots were fired due to the buildup and the actions or inaction by us and our allies and the Karma Coalition.

We were extremely oblivious to our position in terms of FA leading up to Karma/Armageddon. In the five plus years since the treaty web has become a construct that makes conflicts extremely predictable and so what this "brave new age" Karma issued in created such stagnation within conflicts and so you have the predictability we see now.

Karma/Armageddon was the last conflict of a different era in CN so it's not really comparable now in terms of the way CN is played. The only real things you can look at that are relevant now are the sheer scope and damage done back then due to the game being 3x the size it is now in terms of players, and the fact that some alliances still hold long term grudges that date back to Karma/Armageddon or earlier.

Edited by Monty of the Herm

~1.3m damage taken by TSC, 826k damage inflicted; both very high numbers relative to their size and the duration of the war; stuff got blown up good. As always, damage ratios don't tell the whole story; TSC didn't have the benefit of picking their targets in the first round, and that first round accounts for the vast majority of the gap in damage taken and received. 

Thanks for the data.

Smaug's size is implied. He filled the halls of Erebor. Tolkiens dragons were the stuff of legends. One named Ancalagon fell and smashed an entire mountain range. I suppose I'll be kinda like that when I hit Cuba's size :P

And what is the size of the halls of Erebor?

Your post was about this war and asserted that IRON was rallying to the winning side. It spoke nothing about the last war.

And I'm sure that NG appreciates you holding a grudge for them. The fact that they don't hold it obviously means they are incapable of holding a grudge. Afterall, what else could it possibly mean?

Back on the actual topic though: Heard good things about the folks in TSC from our friends on the front. Congrats again on a well fought war.

I said "once again, IRON was rallying to the winning side" so i was referring to past wars too. It seems you've ended up on the winning side regardless of intentions so i can't fault you for that this time. Its just unusual that IRON is probably the only major non-neutral AA that has been on the winning side of every major war for at least the last 4 which is the primary reason you're able to retain your strength. Don't pretend you just have a more active membership, better programs, etc than everyone else because that isn't the case. Its solely because you've never been rolled while everyone else has.

And I really don't care about who holds what grudge and i wasn't saying i had any grudges. I'm just stating the obvious and I'm not the first too. Stating facts doesn't mean i hold a grudge.

You must have no depth perception or sense of scale :P

If you really care... this has been analyzed at length.

Lets return to the topic at hand.

Oh how cute so we're going to start saucing stuffz of the internetz now.. ^_^ Ok, look at what i found here http://www.dailydot.com/geek/how-big-are-game-of-thrones-dragons/

Did it occur to you that Smaug was a likely a young adult or juvenille when he was killed? Dragons of the first age were literally the size of mountains. Kinda like this:

Dragon_of_the_First_Age_by_rubendevela.j

Anyway, we're getting horribly off topic. No more dragons in the thread..

Just a shame I didn't get to eat any scorpions before the war's end.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Did it occur to you that Smaug was a likely a young adult or juvenille when he was killed? Dragons of the first age were literally the size of mountains. Kinda like this:

Dragon_of_the_First_Age_by_rubendevela.j

Anyway, we're getting horribly off topic. No more dragons in the thread..

Just a shame I didn't get to eat any scorpions before the war's end.

Yes, i know but we were talking about Daenerys dragons and Smaug not Angalagon the black. But you're right, lets get back on topic since we now know you were wrong. ^_^

I am not wrong. You just have strange expectations on sizes of dragons. Sixty meters is still huge. Smaug was in the top 3 even by your cited charts. Ancalagon would be the odd ball being absurdly ginormous, not even on that chart. Although if Smaug had survived there's no reason he couldn't have grown to the same sizes. They really should try putting him on a movie screen.

NxY7l.jpg

I suppose I can't fall on TSC anymore.. Stonia will have to be my substitute volcano range. I feel kind of like Ancalagon to be honest.. I have no prey large enough to sustain me and so must survive on my will to consume and destroy alone :P

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex