War is not about sportsmanship, it's about defeating your opponent.

Couldn't disagree more. Some of the best parts of war include the playful banter and the development of a relationship with the alliances you're fighting. We always try to be respectful when we're actually at war and it's a philosophy that benefits all who follow it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to say thanks to all involved for a good time and helping all of us at TSC meet (and exceed!) our casualty goals :D Special shoutout to JBibbs of Sengoku, as well as Vandal and Hormones74 of DoD for taking out over half my NS in the space of a week - it was a wild ride down!

That said, I wonder how much it costs to get to about 10k infra and still help with recovery aid (I doubt I'll make it back up to 12k, but that's for the best since I'm also down about 3500 tech)... Only one way to find out! :D

Seriously though, we appreciate you guys being cool about it. That seems to be a rare quality anymore.

o/ Sengoku
o/ DOD
o/ Umbrella
o/ NPO
o/ TSC
o/ Casualties
o/ Excessive hails in forum posts

Aw-shucks. I had fun warring with you guys and getting to know you. TSC has a special group of people in their ranks and are as good fighters as I have ever fought.

Those of you that are hating on the early peace, let's see your alliance accomplish what they have in such a short time and not make any complaints.

I agree, especially if you add in the rampant overuse of peace mode which drags out wars as no one wants to end it before their opponent has actually fought.  TSC did it right, and early peace in the war is the result.

I'm happy to see this come to an end, TSC are good friends as is everyone they were at war with.  On to better times.

Then Polar is good for peace very soon as well? :p

Does Polar even want peace? From the looks of it you guys are going for the whole war of attrition, drag this out as long as possible plan.

Remember the threats of eternal war and EZI originated from DBDC and Doomsphere, if Polar wanted a war why did she mind her own business after winning Disorder.

Truth be told, I personally suspect that part of the thinking behind this peace is to look sportsmanlike because the aggressor coalition has failed to "kill SNX" and does not have the willpower to truly defeat Polaris and her allies. Pretending to be sportsmanlike is an easier option than fighting a true war of annihilation as DBDC demands.

Does Polar even want peace? From the looks of it you guys are going for the whole war of attrition, drag this out as long as possible plan.

Of course the end goal is peace. I wouldn't want peace just yet, but by no means is this going to be a FAN or other such resistance.

Remember the threats of eternal war and EZI originated from DBDC and Doomsphere, if Polar wanted a war why did she mind her own business after winning Disorder.

Truth be told, I personally suspect that part of the thinking behind this peace is to look sportsmanlike because the aggressor coalition has failed to "kill SNX" and does not have the willpower to truly defeat Polaris and her allies. Pretending to be sportsmanlike is an easier option than fighting a true war of annihilation as DBDC demands.

Stop.

I got no issues for negotiations to start, do you want to come to the table yet?

As a socal experiment, I'd actualy like to see what would happen if our coalition tried to surrender right now. Do I think it would happen? No, everybody has too much pride.

Luckily for me I haven't had pride in years!

As a socal experiment, I'd actualy like to see what would happen if our coalition tried to surrender right now. Do I think it would happen? No, everybody has too much pride.

Luckily for me I haven't had pride in years!

I'm a great believer in some good old everyone fights, gets a good set of casualties, then goes home before it gets boringly tiresome waking at 5:30am for update (I'm a filthy Britlander).
Polar hasn't done the "everyone over x range in hippy and never come out thing", so you can put me down for happily starting talks now in your social experiment.

I'm a great believer in some good old everyone fights, gets a good set of casualties, then goes home before it gets boringly tiresome waking at 5:30am for update (I'm a filthy Britlander).
Polar hasn't done the "everyone over x range in hippy and never come out thing", so you can put me down for happily starting talks now in your social experiment.

I firmly agree with that. If alliances came out of wars without being utterly wrecked, and knowing the next war wouldn't be 4 months long, I know that we would see more wars around here.

Then again I also really hate to wake up for update, and maybe that makes me biased.

I firmly agree with that. If alliances came out of wars without being utterly wrecked, and knowing the next war wouldn't be 4 months long, I know that we would see more wars around here.

Then again I also really hate to wake up for update, and maybe that makes me biased.

and a few more wars around here, might actually make the inter war political game a bit more enjoyable, but I digress into old man "in my day!"