Paradox Declaration of War

Gingervites

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is a poorly put together. In my experience, weather, we are speaking just CN, or other browser game. This round about, beating round the bush kind of DoW is not only the least entertaining, but most annoying. 

This DoW would of have been better, in saying, our side of why we are going in. Maybe a funny joke of pic to go with it. Instead the DoW aims to create confusion for everyone. With bolding letters just to say what TOP is actually doing here? What is this? The party game mafia? It doesn't even feel like this DoW has any soul. Let alone Character. It should reflect the alliance that is declaring. So, do I think that TOP is a lifeless alliance? no, I don't. If TOP would be lifeless, they wouldn't have such a presence here on the OWF as they do. But this DoW is lifeless, and to me, does not reflect TOP. Hell, TOP players posting here have more life this this DoW dose. 

I'll say that Sparta's DoW was better and that was basic. Some creativity wouldn't hurt. 

I know I'm not the only one with this opinion. Maybe a different way of describing it, or even a better way of describing it.

So you don't like the DoW because you want something more dumbed down. Sounds about right.

So... about that...

you missed an "L"

Ferum delenda est. 

It really is a poorly put together. In my experience, weather, we are speaking just CN, or other browser game. This round about, beating round the bush kind of DoW is not only the least entertaining, but most annoying. 

This DoW would of have been better, in saying, our side of why we are going in. Maybe a funny joke of pic to go with it. Instead the DoW aims to create confusion for everyone. With bolding letters just to say what TOP is actually doing here? What is this? The party game mafia? It doesn't even feel like this DoW has any soul. Let alone Character. It should reflect the alliance that is declaring. So, do I think that TOP is a lifeless alliance? no, I don't. If TOP would be lifeless, they wouldn't have such a presence here on the OWF as they do. But this DoW is lifeless, and to me, does not reflect TOP. Hell, TOP players posting here have more life this this DoW dose. 

I'll say that Sparta's DoW was better and that was basic. Some creativity wouldn't hurt. 

I know I'm not the only one with this opinion. Maybe a different way of describing it, or even a better way of describing it.

We're so sorry, we were desperately trying to please you. If we ever have to DoW on IRON again we'll try to put some "TOP spirit" into the DoW, human emotion, feelings and all that feminine stuff. 
Edited by alyster

you missed an "L"

Ferum delenda est. 

We're so sorry, we were desperately trying to please you. If we ever have to DoW on IRON again we'll try to put some "TOP spirit" into the DoW, human emotion, feelings and all that feminine stuff. 

You could at least make something more easily comprehensible next time. I mean, this isn't the Da Vinci code. I gave up trying to figure out what it was trying to say after looking at it three times and just assumed you were declaring on us.

No need to explain it to me now. I get it now. But hey, at least you guys tried to do something creative just for IRON. It's the thought that counts. :)

Now everyone shut up and just get sum!

AnimeGirlIRONWar_zps65a06277.png

Edited by Fox Fire

NPO's definitely had the most content. Kudos to Letum for that.

Everyone else you are lazy and Doitzel would be very disappointed. ;)

I am in the uncomfortable position of having to agree with you...Doitzel would be VERY disappointed. 

FA bot vs Carnivore, nice

Carnivore wins, and it's not even a fair fight. :P

Welcome to the party TOP

Strange. I have been within the top 20 of IRON for years but I don't recall ever being in peacemode for 2 weeks. But I am sure you know more about IRON's past than I.

A large portion of IRONs upper tier was in PM when IRON declared on STA last war, I clearly remember as it played to our advantage. I presume it was because of the perceved threat DBDC posed at the time.

A large portion of IRONs upper tier was in PM when IRON declared on STA last war, I clearly remember as it played to our advantage. I presume it was because of the perceved threat DBDC posed at the time.

Oh god, you need to stop spewing this rubbish everywhere.

Only 10 nations were in PM!

I maintain statistics going back to 2011, don't make me get real statistics out and make you look stupid here.

A large portion of IRONs upper tier was in PM when IRON declared on STA last war, I clearly remember as it played to our advantage. I presume it was because of the perceived threat DBDC posed at the time.

I agree we did have most our top 10 in peacemode, I think myself and one other were the only ones to fight it out. I was merely pointing out that your alliance mate was wrong by saying that all of our top 40 was in peacemode. 

Edited by darkfox

Peace mode use is and has always been a great tactic by both the winning and losing coalitions.  Some alliances have used it to hide certain tiers all wars...so what?  This isn't a 100 yard dash; its a never-ending marathon and those who are too short-sighted to envision a long game inevitably lose.  Sometimes excessive peace mode back-fires when your coalition expects better of you, but if your allies are happy with what you are doing and your coalition is happy with what you are doing then it just doesn't matter.

Turtling is also a sound tactic when facing difficult opponents and while I enjoy breaking a certain someone's balls over his use of it, it was a smart decision and I hope he doesn't see this post.  At some point, the people being accussed of excessive PM use or turtling should just embrace it.  Feel free to copy and paste any of these into your replies:

Dude, infra is important. #thestruggle

I was having a rough week keeping up with OWF posts and needed to be able to focus less time on wars and more time on important lulzism posts.

My war details damage was boss though, bruh.

By nature I am not a violent person.  I wanted to give peace a chance.

Edited by TBRaiders

Additional worthy replies:

The Voice finals were coming up and I had to focus on getting my votes in on time.

This fall, I have decided to take my talents to Peace Mode.

I am a Jets fan and its just been a difficult year for me.

As a person that has to run a war for my alliance, I dont have an issue with mass PM mode either.  In fact I love it, it makes my life much easier if I only have to keep track of 50% of your alliance.   Personally, when I make wartime decisions for my nation or alliance, my thought process is, if I were in the other side's shoes what would I not want to happen?  Then I try to go out and make that happen.

The thing that cracks me up is the alliances that use mass PM, under the assumption of this isn't really "our war", so lets save ourselves up for a war that really matters, or we are going to lose, so lets limit our damage, is that they end up doing this just about every single war, until they become completely politically irrelevant or just an inactive husk of their former selves.

As a fellow Jets fan TB, I feel ya. (and fire Idizk)

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D

So you don't like the DoW because you want something more dumbed down. Sounds about right.

I guessed that's what TOP was doing with whole latin thing. I looked more like less effort than they could of. its just annoying. the funny part is how you somehow came to this conclusion out of anything you could of said. 

I don't even think you know what you did there. I gave TOP a bit of a compliment about its members, then you changed it into putting yourself down. Congrats. If I give TOP another compliment will you twist it to hurt yourself? 

Additional worthy replies:

The Voice finals were coming up and I had to focus on getting my votes in on time.

This fall, I have decided to take my talents to Peace Mode.

I am a Jets fan and its just been a difficult year for me.

This would be funny and all except that you lot rely on down-declare exploits. Suddenly peace mode isn't that big a joke.

This would be funny and all except that you lot rely on down-declare exploits. Suddenly peace mode isn't that big a joke.

To be fair, when you're at the top down declaring is literally the only option. And with all of the neutrals clogging up the top, choices become slim during war time. Not saying peace mode isn't justified, just that there's literally no other option for those in the super tier.

I guessed that's what TOP was doing with whole latin thing. I looked more like less effort than they could of. its just annoying. the funny part is how you somehow came to this conclusion out of anything you could of said. 

I don't even think you know what you did there. I gave TOP a bit of a compliment about its members, then you changed it into putting yourself down. Congrats. If I give TOP another compliment will you twist it to hurt yourself? 

I guess aly must have missed your complement discreetly placed within the several layers of criticism that made up the rest of your post. I confess I too am struggling to see the appreciation through the condescension. I'm glad you've got our back though, maybe you could write our DoW for us next time and make a proper job of it.

I guess aly must have missed your complement discreetly placed within the several layers of criticism that made up the rest of your post. I confess I too am struggling to see the appreciation through the condescension. I'm glad you've got our back though, maybe you could write our DoW for us next time and make a proper job of it.

shutup blue