Paradox Declaration of War

Gingervites

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we'll go with your first hand knowledge of that, seeing as you were TIO gov at the time

I'm almost sure TIO gov doesn't even know what TIO gov thinks of IRON, considering how active that whole mess of an alliance is.

Didn't even notice that. Actually, that's a pretty big compliment for IRON, as they do still fight wars. GPA doesn't and rightfully should be the largest alliance in the game.

Well, that depends on how you define "fight." Token efforts with a real war every few year shouldn't really count.

It's called efficiency!  IRON has climbed from being unranked to the top three on numerous occasions. Most alliances fail to engage their members, IRON has always been good at having the best schemes in place. Arguably better than NPO which is a feat. Most alliances are plagued with inactivity and ignorance.

Efficiency? Sure, I'll give IRON that it has internal efficiency. However, some of the most efficient alliances in the game have never gotten close to that big. There's something called "luck" at play along with a good dose of another thing called "pussying out"

What about laziness? RIA is full of laziness.

Why RIA tolerates this from you is a mystery to me.

Explains why you still haven't been booted yet.

Damn Samus, that's a winner right there.

I'd think it has more to do with the fact I provide some unique intelligence assets to whatever alliance I'm a part of.
iiam.gif

No, I'll go out on a limb here and say Samus' assertation is the more accurate one.

Wake me when you have a quality point to make. Edited by Finster Baby

Enlighten me as to how it's "poorly put together," please. It doesn't really strike me as such.

It really is a poorly put together. In my experience, weather, we are speaking just CN, or other browser game. This round about, beating round the bush kind of DoW is not only the least entertaining, but most annoying. 

This DoW would of have been better, in saying, our side of why we are going in. Maybe a funny joke of pic to go with it. Instead the DoW aims to create confusion for everyone. With bolding letters just to say what TOP is actually doing here? What is this? The party game mafia? It doesn't even feel like this DoW has any soul. Let alone Character. It should reflect the alliance that is declaring. So, do I think that TOP is a lifeless alliance? no, I don't. If TOP would be lifeless, they wouldn't have such a presence here on the OWF as they do. But this DoW is lifeless, and to me, does not reflect TOP. Hell, TOP players posting here have more life this this DoW dose. 

I'll say that Sparta's DoW was better and that was basic. Some creativity wouldn't hurt. 

I know I'm not the only one with this opinion. Maybe a different way of describing it, or even a better way of describing it. 

When I first saw this declaration I figured you guys were just on drugs or something. (Which still can't be ruled out) But then I caught on to the phrase hidden in the bold letters.

And now I know it is much worse, and that TOP must be severely punished.

Not, mind you, for threatening IRON. The noble lion is not disturbed by the witless braying of jackals.

No, you must be punished for bad Latin. The correct declension would be Ferrum Delendum Est.

In the old days you would have been taken to the head-master's study, have your britches pulled down and your posterior switched with a bamboo staff. For some obscure reason, society tends to frown on that kind of thing these days, so we are going to nuke your cities, destroy your population and loot all your tech instead.

You have been put on notice.

Why RIA tolerates this from you is a mystery to me.

Damn Samus, that's a winner right there.

No, I'll go out on a limb here and say Samus' assertation is the more accurate one.

Wake me when you have a quality point to make.

The comment was sarcasm, considering we are realistically the most heavily automated alliance besides perhaps Umbrella, though I haven't gotten to play with their toys intimately, everyone else's are well below RI5's capabilities.

Considering I have left and returned to RIA more times than I can count, I don't think it's laziness, they genuinely like me, hard to understand I know considering you base your opinion off my OWF posting and make no attempts to [OOC] grasp that I RP a character and your alliance happens to be on the opposing side of mine, so you will receive my posting of whatever mud I can possibly throw against you. I've had several conversations with DBDC members and while they're on the other side, they actually [/ooc] take 30 seconds to understand me, rather than "HURR AD HOMINEM", I mean shit, people have told me I lower the level of discourse but at least I try to attack the alliance itself and not simply make cheap insults at the poster.

Welcome to the party TOP

Hail Paradoxia!

Considering IRON went into the last war with their top 40 in PM for 2 weeks until their enemies were knocked out of the upper tiers I'm highly amused by the PM comments.

Strange. I have been within the top 20 of IRON for years but I don't recall ever being in peacemode for 2 weeks. But I am sure you know more about IRON's past than I. 

The comment was sarcasm, considering we are realistically the most heavily automated alliance besides perhaps Umbrella, though I haven't gotten to play with their toys intimately, everyone else's are well below RI5's capabilities.

Considering I have left and returned to RIA more times than I can count, I don't think it's laziness, they genuinely like me, hard to understand I know considering you base your opinion off my OWF posting and make no attempts to [OOC] grasp that I RP a character and your alliance happens to be on the opposing side of mine, so you will receive my posting of whatever mud I can possibly throw against you. I've had several conversations with DBDC members and while they're on the other side, they actually [/ooc] take 30 seconds to understand me, rather than "HURR AD HOMINEM", I mean !@#$, people have told me I lower the level of discourse but at least I try to attack the alliance itself and not simply make cheap insults at the poster.

Tonight my people feast on these tears.

I jest, of course. But allow me to help you.

If you feel so wronged that people base their opinion(s) of you off your posting, I see two possibilities that will rectify the situation in the long-term:

1) Make less of a fool out of yourself. Check your facts, don't go out of your way to insult alliances your government (which you represent, btw) holds treaties with, and so on.

2) Cut off your hands. You'll be compelled to type with your entire face, but the quality of your discourse will positively soar. Plus, with all that bashing of your head against the keyboard, you'll learn an important lesson in empathy by discovering how the rest of us feel when we read your drivel.

Tonight my people feast on these tears.

I jest, of course. But allow me to help you.

If you feel so wronged that people base their opinion(s) of you off your posting, I see two possibilities that will rectify the situation in the long-term:

1) Make less of a fool out of yourself. Check your facts, don't go out of your way to insult alliances your government (which you represent, btw) holds treaties with, and so on.

2) Cut off your hands. You'll be compelled to type with your entire face, but the quality of your discourse will positively soar. Plus, with all that bashing of your head against the keyboard, you'll learn an important lesson in empathy by discovering how the rest of us feel when we read your drivel.

OOC: If i felt wronged over this game, I'd stop playing, the point is that I actually RP a persona, I know it's a hard concept to grasp, that someone would actually put effort into an IC forum by actually being a character.

1)Fact checking implies most of what I post is not simply opinions, and we both know facts can be manipulated, peace mode percentages would be a good example of this. If IRON did not wish to be "insulted" they would not have plotted a war against us, indirectly or not, this is what they have done by acting in this war. Perhaps you feel that alliances should selectively honor their treaties, but I am one who believes strict following of treaties would make for a far more interesting world, since no war could be a curbstomp besides perhaps on a neutral.

2) An excellent addition that further proves my theory that most cannot actually argue a point, and would rather commit logical fallacies and witty one liners. (you know, that shit you harped on MI6 for doing, and yet now that you're in the winning coalition as they were last war, you do the same thing!)

OOC: If i felt wronged over this game, I'd stop playing, the point is that I actually RP a persona, I know it's a hard concept to grasp, that someone would actually put effort into an IC forum by actually being a character.

1)Fact checking implies most of what I post is not simply opinions, and we both know facts can be manipulated, peace mode percentages would be a good example of this. If IRON did not wish to be "insulted" they would not have plotted a war against us, indirectly or not, this is what they have done by acting in this war. Perhaps you feel that alliances should selectively honor their treaties, but I am one who believes strict following of treaties would make for a far more interesting world, since no war could be a curbstomp besides perhaps on a neutral.

2) An excellent addition that further proves my theory that most cannot actually argue a point, and would rather commit logical fallacies and witty one liners. (you know, that !@#$ you harped on MI6 for doing, and yet now that you're in the winning coalition as they were last war, you do the same thing!)

See that bolded part? Find one instance of my doing that. One. That's all.

Or I could save you some time and say you won't find it.

You may wish to re-read my fact-checking point again.

It really is a poorly put together. In my experience, weather, we are speaking just CN, or other browser game. This round about, beating round the bush kind of DoW is not only the least entertaining, but most annoying. 

This DoW would of have been better, in saying, our side of why we are going in. Maybe a funny joke of pic to go with it. Instead the DoW aims to create confusion for everyone. With bolding letters just to say what TOP is actually doing here? What is this? The party game mafia? It doesn't even feel like this DoW has any soul. Let alone Character. It should reflect the alliance that is declaring. So, do I think that TOP is a lifeless alliance? no, I don't. If TOP would be lifeless, they wouldn't have such a presence here on the OWF as they do. But this DoW is lifeless, and to me, does not reflect TOP. Hell, TOP players posting here have more life this this DoW dose. 

I'll say that Sparta's DoW was better and that was basic. Some creativity wouldn't hurt. 

I know I'm not the only one with this opinion. Maybe a different way of describing it, or even a better way of describing it. 

Really? Is this the first topic you've read all war?

I'll link you to some thoughtfully crafted, nice and long, beautifully spoken DoW's.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125232-for-real-dow-i-checked/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125281-declaration-of-war-from-the-new-sith-order/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125214-declaration-of-war/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125270-a-declaration-of-war-from-the-viridian-entente/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125253-the-global-alliance-and-treaty-organization-declares-war-again/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125252-oh-the-carnage/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125213-ftw-declaration-of-war/

The funny part is, those are just the first topics I clicked on, and all of them turned out to be examples of lazy DoW's. I don't see how posting 1 picture, a flag, and signatures is a better DoW than this.

Really? Is this the first topic you've read all war?

I'll link you to some thoughtfully crafted, nice and long, beautifully spoken DoW's.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125232-for-real-dow-i-checked/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125281-declaration-of-war-from-the-new-sith-order/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125214-declaration-of-war/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125270-a-declaration-of-war-from-the-viridian-entente/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125253-the-global-alliance-and-treaty-organization-declares-war-again/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125252-oh-the-carnage/

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/125213-ftw-declaration-of-war/

The funny part is, those are just the first topics I clicked on, and all of them turned out to be examples of lazy DoW's. I don't see how posting 1 picture, a flag, and signatures is a better DoW than this.

TBH, DoWs have been generally poor in this war, our wasnt any better either :P.  NPO one was a good read, it had content, that generated a lot of talking points in the thread other than the obvious X DoWs on Y in defense of Z via Treaty A, there was controversy to it, so you remember, some other DoWs probably might have some random content but nothing too memorable. 

Edited by shahenshah

TBH, DoWs have been generally poor in this war, our wasnt any better either :P.  NPO one was a good read, it had content, that generated a lot of talking points in the thread other than the obvious X DoWs on Y in defense of Z via Treaty A

NPO's definitely had the most content. Kudos to Letum for that.

Everyone else you are lazy and Doitzel would be very disappointed. ;)

You have no idea of what my tool 'Carnivore' does, i'd go to say we're far more automated :P