• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to respectfully disagree with you, it is possible to make a concise declaration that also explains a casus belli (i.e. treaty activation). This indicates responsibility and respectability, and furthermore, a more graceful understanding of politics.

This whole attitude of "I do what I like" is not only very chaotic but heavily damages their reputation among civilized alliances. I understand Umbrella doesn't care about that as they feel they are the long term winners, but it only consolidates the "losing side," aka the smaller tier side, into a more unified class conscious entity. And in the meantime, Umbrella and Pacifica has a fundamental difference in political philosophy, however much NPO wants to pretend they are willing collaborators right now.

I don't think I've ever bothered replying to you in the past, but Roq's DoW certainly makes no mention of declaring this war simply because we "do what we like." Did you look past our sweet war flag and the bolded letters, to the second and third paragraphs explaining the necessity for this action? MI6 created a self-fulfilling prophecy in believing we were out to get them even while we were still allied, thus ruining the relationship. They then made us their enemy after the cancellation, all but forcing us to react. Does it make more sense to give former allies a grace period war after cancellation if that prior ally sees you (instead of its own leadership) as their downfall, blames you, and targets you for revenge? Or is it wiser to do something about a looming threat from the get go?

I don't think I've ever bothered replying to you in the past, but Roq's DoW certainly makes no mention of declaring this war simply because we "do what we like." Did you look past our sweet war flag and the bolded letters, to the second and third paragraphs explaining the necessity for this action? MI6 created a self-fulfilling prophecy in believing we were out to get them even while we were still allied, thus ruining the relationship. They then made us their enemy after the cancellation, all but forcing us to react. Does it make more sense to give former allies a grace period war after cancellation if that prior ally sees you (instead of its own leadership) as their downfall, blames you, and targets you for revenge? Or is it wiser to do something about a looming threat from the get go?

I wouldn't go as far as to say they were a threat (considering the political position they put themselves in) but they do deserve some slapping for what they did. Which they are getting.

Howdy Farnsworth! how ya been? 

Yo, pretty disengaged as of late but OK. Ready to put my nation to use... except that students are having finals in the nation of Pinnacle. How's it going with you? Not really up on all of the drama between various alliances, but respect that you guys are defending your allies. 

I have to respectfully disagree with you, it is possible to make a concise declaration that also explains a casus belli (i.e. treaty activation). This indicates responsibility and respectability, and furthermore, a more graceful understanding of politics.

This whole attitude of "I do what I like" is not only very chaotic but heavily damages their reputation among civilized alliances. I understand Umbrella doesn't care about that as they feel they are the long term winners, but it only consolidates the "losing side," aka the smaller tier side, into a more unified class conscious entity. And in the meantime, Umbrella and Pacifica has a fundamental difference in political philosophy, however much NPO wants to pretend they are willing collaborators right now.

Yes, you're right. It's possible. That also happens to be what I said. To recap for you, I was complementing Umbrella on having a concise DoW that explained why they were declaring war. 1 + 1 = 2. 

You say this as you reside in the alliance who brought us "A Declaration on one is a declaration on all." Now that is some rich stuff.

Wait a minute... the folks in Mi6 actually tried to blame someone other than themselves for the fact that 95% of Planet Bob reviles them?

Wait a minute... the folks in Mi6 actually tried to blame someone other than themselves for the fact that 95% of Planet Bob reviles them?

If you'd like to have a frank discussion about MI6 and what we believe, my queries are always open to you, Rush. I think I might be able to surprise you.

In the mean time, let's have fun, shall we? Causalities galore. :war:

You say this as you reside in the alliance who brought us "A Declaration on one is a declaration on all." Now that is some rich stuff.

I don't really care to argue, but I'd like to point out that people on your side of the war now posted it first.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=114834

It's in bold right above the flags

I don't really care to argue, but I'd like to point out that people on your side of the war now posted it first.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=114834

It's in bold right above the flags

Valhalla actually are counted under Polaris Reserves this war because of their agreement to engage if anyone countered Polaris via the tech sellers CB.

Valhalla actually are counted under Polaris Reserves this war because of their agreement to engage if anyone countered Polaris via the tech sellers CB.

Good point. I was just trying to clarify to Rush that we(Polar) did not start the "Attack on one is an attack on all" thing considering it is in the original declaration for the war it was used in..

Good point. I was just trying to clarify to Rush that we(Polar) did not start the "Attack on one is an attack on all" thing considering it is in the original declaration for the war it was used in..

I don't know who said it first, but I'm fairly certain the first time I heard that phrase was nearly eight years ago during GW3. Weird for folks (on either side) to be arguing about it now.

Seriously, if you did, and then grew 100-150k NS we could have fought again too!

I'll get back there just for you buddy, I do value you as a quality opponent on the field of battle, but Three is just special, we've been doing this dance most wars since Karma.

If you'd like to have a frank discussion about MI6 and what we believe, my queries are always open to you, Rush. I think I might be able to surprise you.

In the mean time, let's have fun, shall we? Causalities galore. :war:

There really is nothing that you can surprise me with. I watched the last 18 months unfold. I watched Mi6 form.... based on "playing the game differently" and "being something new and different." I watched as your 1st moves to be "different" were to ally the sphere hell bent on carrying out the oldest line in the game... "Lets roll Pacifica." You know what though, I did not even mind that, at the end of the day, I knew that the new and different thing was just BS being used to lure members, and at the end of the day, you would fall in line and play the exact same political game that every other alliance played. And so you did.

But then, once you had achieved what you felt like was a strong long term position, you began trying to act out like some bastardized conglomeration of MK-GOONS-mentalities. You were dismissive and arrogant to anyone not tied directly to you or your daddy in TOP. You openly flaunted, over and over again, every poaching effort you made and/or succeeded at. I personally could not give a rats hiney about poaching, but the reality is, a great many do. But your entire alliance was too  hell bent on yucking it up and having your hearty little belly-laughs about it(because you thought your position was stronger than it was), with zero regard to your alliance's image. Then the war ended. TOP sought out new bonds, because they realized they needed them. Almost every effort they made was met with "your allies in Mi6 are !@#$%bags" and was a factoring reason in why every FA overture was shut down. Still you carried on like bored, petulent children. Always seeking to land that one-line zinger (from gov all the way down to membership), with zero regard to what it was doing to YOUR FA and your spheres FA. Now that you have been completely neutered, and you know exactly how weak your position was, and how you are nothing new and different. NOW you talk about how you want to reinvent your image. How you wish and encourage your members to be less egotistical towards other alliances. And what does this do? It reaffirms that you are nothing new and different, you are just like everyone else. When you are on top, you take liberties, when you are facing a beatdown, you are suddenly reformed and have a new image. Who knows, you may even make some progress post-war with the new image thing. But it will not be because you are different then than you are now. It will be because it is the only option you have. It is not coincidence that every alliance in this game's desire to re-shape their image is directly proportional to the size of the barrel of the gun they are facing down.

Congratulations, in your quest to be new and different, you have discovered you are just like every other alliance Planet Bob has spawned. Good luck picking up and moving on though, and THAT I truly do mean. I consider this war the culmination of nearly everything I told Chim when he tried poaching me. And for my personal vendetta, the score is settled.

Edited by Rush Sykes

Nothing in your post has to do with why MI6 is currently at war.

If anything we should be acknowledging the favorable outcome facilitated by Umbrella and its allies for their work leading up to this war. I expected a right beat down simply due to cyclical politics and inevitability, but not to this extent and especially from whom. For that I've got to hand it to the opposing coalition, well done. Really it's more of an affront to them to claim that this was easy and lined up for them as opposed to making sure they crossed their t's and dotted their i's.

As for MI6

Sure we're not perfect, we've never said we are despite the suggestions and fables that people want to make up -- but I'd take these guys over any other lot in the game, and am more than happy to defend the people we call allies and our own members. If people want to hate because we're prideful of ourselves/community, more power to them. I'm sure they're all saints.

So keep doing what you're doing Rush. Write a blog post about it if you want.

Edited by IYIyTh

Nothing in your post has to do with why MI6 is currently at war and probably belongs in a blog post.

If anything we should be acknowledging the favorable outcome facilitated by Umbrella and its allies for their work leading up to this war.

As for MI6

Sure we're not perfect, we've never said we are despite the suggestions otherwise -- but I'd take these guys over any other lot in the game, and am more than happy to defend the people we call allies and our own members. We're largely reviled because of high visibility and pride. Whether or not the hatred is deserved is something I don't really care about because people will find a reason to hate even if there isn't one.

So keep doing what you're doing Rush. Write a blog post about it if you want.

And this is part of the problem. Your "pride." Continue to think that delusion about why you are reviled is true. Almost everyone in every alliance in this game speaks with and acts with pride concerning their alliance. Lost of other alliances are exceedingly visible and are not reviled. It is not about you, or how proud you are of yourselves, it is 100% about the discourse you have where others are concerned. Keep on keepin' on Myth.

Where did Rahlbert say otherwise?

GarretPic-300x208.jpg

It was a short and jocular conversation.

But no you're right, I did overstate my point a bit. Just found it funny that she was asking Rush to approach her in a query instead of responding with something of substance here.

Edited by WorldConqueror

GarretPic-300x208.jpg

It was a short and jocular conversation.

But no you're right, I did overstate my point a bit. Just found it funny that she was asking Rush to approach her in a query instead of responding with something of substance here.

I'm not very good at public speeches, though I'm sure members of my alliance would tell me otherwise lately. I'm also not interested in trying to argue with people about their opinions of my alliance, not here. None of you would believe me anyway, simply because I belong to MI6. I don't expect anyone to, either. I'm not someone any of you "bigger players" know very well, because frankly I've never done anything to make myself notable. As such, it's very difficult for a person in my position to respond with anything "substantive" for all of you. I don't have your respect, and I fully understand that. Even what I say here will surely be picked apart and minced to pieces, I have no doubt. 

What I will say, going back to the topic at hand, is that I intend to change your minds, just not right here, right now. That would be insane lol. I still believe we're one of the best AAs for many reasons. Mistakes have been made, we fucked up a lot. I'm not above admitting that. But you know, we're not the first, and we won't be the last. 

Phoenix Rising, wow, that's an AA from the past. PhR.