For Real DoW, I Checked

Penedono

What could he possibly have meant if he misspoke? "We will only attack RIA nations likely to attack AB"? That's a silly claim to make in a war declaration.

No. It was more he meant  RIA nations attacking in general.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It was more he meant  RIA nations attacking in general.

So your coalition will be attacking nations on the RIA AA who tech raid, that's an interesting policy.

What could he possibly have meant if he misspoke? "We will only attack RIA nations likely to attack AB"? That's a silly claim to make in a war declaration.

It lets them attack anyone while pretending they're being respectful to R&R and NSO, it's genius.

Edited by Mogar

Penedono didn't lie. He just misspoke. Lying means he had the intention of deceiving people.  

"As is, we're holding back, limiting oursleves to a target list of those RIA nations who have directly attacked our allies in Aurora Borealis."

That's a lie.  It's not true.  And yes, he meant to deceive people.,  He wanted people to think that they were only attacking RIA nations who attacked AB.  That's why he said it.

As it stood, I had already been nuked by DBDC.  I can't declare while in anarchy, so there wasn't any chance at all I was going to declare war on any nation at all, until after my war ended and I cleared nuclear anarchy.  RIA has been attacking AB for a week or so, yet I never bothered.  Now, suddenly, after I didn't bother during that time, and after I've been nuked, suddenly I'm a threat?  Nonsense.

"As is, we're holding back, limiting oursleves to a target list of those RIA nations who have directly attacked our allies in Aurora Borealis."

That's a lie.  It's not true.  And yes, he meant to deceive people.,  He wanted people to think that they were only attacking RIA nations who attacked AB.  That's why he said it.

As it stood, I had already been nuked by DBDC.  I can't declare while in anarchy, so there wasn't any chance at all I was going to declare war on any nation at all, until after my war ended and I cleared nuclear anarchy.  RIA has been attacking AB for a week or so, yet I never bothered.  Now, suddenly, after I didn't bother during that time, and after I've been nuked, suddenly I'm a threat?  Nonsense.

Gotta kill our upper tier, it has nothing to do with you being a threat, it's about neutering the AA.

If it was about that, then every nation above 100k NS would be attacked. You can easily see that's not the case.  It's only been against nations launching offensive wars in general and no one intended any deception. 

LOL! Penedono neither lied nor misspoke. Nor did he intentionally try to deceive in any way. The attacks on you happened SEVERAL HOURS AFTER PENEDONO'S POST. Don't go calling people liars when you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

If it was about that, then every nation above 100k NS would be attacked. You can easily see that's not the case.  It's only been against nations launching offensive wars in general and no one intended any deception. 

LOL! Penedono neither lied nor misspoke. Nor did he intentionally try to deceive in any way. The attacks on you happened SEVERAL HOURS AFTER PENEDONO'S POST. Don't go calling people liars when you have no !@#$@#$ clue what you are talking about.

This completely ignores the fact it was clearly stated only nations attacking AB would be attacked, and since Baldr is not at war with AB, this proves that statement was at the very least false, if not completely disingenuous. Where, if it's nations that MIGHT attack AB, then you should have not pretended to R&R and NSO that you'd only be attacking nations attacking AB, since any nation in war mode might attack AB. 

LOL! Penedono neither lied nor misspoke. Nor did he intentionally try to deceive in any way. The attacks on you happened SEVERAL HOURS AFTER PENEDONO'S POST. Don't go calling people liars when you have no !@#$@#$ clue what you are talking about.

Good point. I was wrong. 

This completely ignores the fact it was clearly stated only nations attacking AB would be attacked, and since Baldr is not at war with AB, this proves that statement was at the very least false, if not completely disingenuous. Where, if it's nations that MIGHT attack AB, then you should have not pretended to R&R and NSO that you'd only be attacking nations attacking AB, since any nation in war mode might attack AB. 

No one pretended anything and the detail was cleared up ahead of time with R&R.

Yes.  He said "This is what we will be doing".  Then they went and did something else, because they had no intention of doing the thing that he lied about. 

I understand.  I don't mind.  I'll enjoy the war. 

You were a part of the conversation between R&R, NSO, and GLoF? The info given to Penedono at the time may be different now, we all know how things change quickly. But that was not my point at all. My point is that you or Baldr have no business calling Penedono a lia, or disingenuous, or misleading, or dishonest, or anything like that because you have absolutely no clue what he knew or didn't know at the time. Nor did you even bother to check for the more than 12 hour time difference between the post and the attacks. You simply saw something that fit your narrative and pounced without any clue to what might have happened between then and now. I could care less about your narrative. I do take issue with you calling my mates liars when you clearly do not have your facts straight.

I just think it's honorable that GLoF would clear their attacks in defense of DBDC with R&R, especially in light of how small, peaceful and defenseless DBDC is.  It's rare that you see such nobility these days.  RIA should stick to picking on alliances their own size.

My point is that you or Baldr have no business calling Penedono a lia, or disingenuous, or misleading, or dishonest, or anything like that because you have absolutely no clue what he knew or didn't know at the time.

Right.  It's my fault that he said one thing and then did another.

lol

Right.  It's my fault that he said one thing and then did another.

lol

He didn't say one thing then do another. His nation did not attack you, nor do you have any clue about wether he approved the attack or not. Just stop. Go ahead and try to garner all the support you want for your side, I'm fine with that. My issue was and still is you and Mogar's lack of civility. I am actually quite fond of RIA. I think they are a great group of people and I look forward to having a fun fight. You two however, are just being dicks for the sake of being dicks. Make all the points you want for your side. There is no reason to be an asshole about it though. It is petty and childish. Good day to you.

He said what he said, and they did something different. I pointed it out, so you're cussing and calling me a dick.  And you think that I'm the one who isn't civil.

I'll let it go.  From here out, cuss away.  Be a dick, call me a dick, whatever you want to do. 

When I hit eventually hit GLOF, you know why.

There's a lot of silly stuff being thrown around in this thread. I see it going nowhere. Here, let me add to it...

Hate to have to agree with RV, but its not like GLoF will have a real role in this war besides making the lulzist coalition stats a little more padded.

Certainly does reveal a certain disconnect between the interests of the two opposite ends of the aggressor coalition though.

Do tell. 

Of course GLOF doesn't need luck. It's not like these precious little ninnies are ever going to fight a war where they're outnumbered, is it?

Cute.

If down-declaring is truly an issue, RIA is welcome to invite friends. As is, we're holding back, limiting oursleves to a target list of those RIA nations who have directly attacked our allies in Aurora Borealis.

About the most merciful whirlwind ever reaped after hitting an MDAP bloc, I'd say.

LIES!! MAKE IT STOP!!!   Let's debate this endlessly. Please.

Why don't you attack your real target Polar... oh wait I mean TOP.  You are evil for declaring on a smaller alliance and doing the same thing every alliance does every war.  You have nations in peace mode you are scared.  

Ok now I think I have covered all the crying that follows every DoW, how about you all go out and have some fun taking over the world :war: ,

So true.

Aztec scared of TOP imo

Has TOP declared on some of our allies? Otherwise, no need to attack. At least that's been AZTEC's usual M.O.

Also, you know that AZTEC (along with another AA or two) took on TOP & some TOP allies during Eq, right? I'm not sure how much has changed since then... 

;>.> Mogar's like our very own Xiph, for better or worse. As far as the "for better" part goes, he posts pics of cute, legal girls. :D

Knock our blocks off, GLOF! o7

I like this. It's fun. This guy gets it. :)

Edited by Farnsworth

What? 

I'd disagree. The bad PR goes to Umbrella for completely backstabbing TOP in the back and signing that NPO treaty that was designed to get TOP rolled. TOP not going in is a positive because if they enter TOP/GOONS(who is strong now)/MI6/VE would be wrecked by everyone and their mother, but by not entering now we see both sides of the current 'destined to win' coalition fragmenting because neither side wants to do the heavy lifting against irrelevant alliances because it'll make them weaker for the inevitable postwar dick measuring contest. 

Can you try again but with less tinfoil please?

Look at the targets they picked, I doubt they give a !@#$ about AB and are more interested in saving the tech raider without a warchest.

If I had a 200 million war chest at your size, I wouldn't be on here running my mouth about other nations war chests.

If I had a 200 million war chest at your size, I wouldn't be on here running my mouth about other nations war chests.

Unlike you guys I've always fought and never use peace mode, I couldn't give a !@#$ about my statistics, knocking me down lower benefits me far more than my opponents.

I could understand this type of argument against most people, but I've never pretended to want to build my nation the same way as everyone else, I only have 2200 tech thanks to the tech requirement for a WRC, and against AB and GLoF this just means I fight two rounds in the middle tier and wreck havoc in the low tiers, who needs a warchest when I have my opponents as ATMs?

Edited by Mogar