For Real DoW, I Checked

Penedono

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*kingzog gives the secret handshake [OOC]Initiated, Passed and Raised more than twenty years ago.[/OOC]

All the best, GLOF.

....do you speak for RIA?

He's part of the government, so it's a reasonable assumption. However, you should brace yourself for the "our government members are allowed to have their own opinions and express them wherever they like" argument. It doesn't make any sense -- government members are supposed to have a sense of self-restraint, after all -- but short of cancelling with the treaties partners Mogar has insulted thus far, it's about all they can say.

Or smart enough to sit out and keep themselves relevant post war

Everyone knows trying to do that won't work in the case of  a few alliances.

Edited by Monster

Or smart enough to sit out and keep themselves relevant post war

I wouldn't consider sitting out all that smart, adds more bad PR in a time they can't really afford more. TOP is only delaying the inevitable as those that want their pound of flesh will get it now or later. At least that is my perspective from an outsiders view.

If down-declaring is truly an issue, RIA is welcome to invite friends. As is, we're holding back, limiting oursleves to a target list of those RIA nations who have directly attacked our allies in Aurora Borealis.

You are lying.  I have not been involved with AB, but you have two nations attacking me.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out that your words and your actions don't match.

You are lying.  I have not been involved with AB, but you have two nations attacking me.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out that your words and your actions don't match.

You are attacking DBDC. An honest mistake perhaps?

Everyone knows trying to do that won't work in the case of  a few alliances.

What? 

I wouldn't consider sitting out all that smart, adds more bad PR in a time they can't really afford more. TOP is only delaying the inevitable as those that want their pound of flesh will get it now or later. At least that is my perspective from an outsiders view.

I'd disagree. The bad PR goes to Umbrella for completely backstabbing TOP in the back and signing that NPO treaty that was designed to get TOP rolled. TOP not going in is a positive because if they enter TOP/GOONS(who is strong now)/MI6/VE would be wrecked by everyone and their mother, but by not entering now we see both sides of the current 'destined to win' coalition fragmenting because neither side wants to do the heavy lifting against irrelevant alliances because it'll make them weaker for the inevitable postwar dick measuring contest. 

Look at the targets they picked, I doubt they give a shit about AB and are more interested in saving the tech raider without a warchest.

You really are oblivious. Basically things didn't how go Smurf wanted and now you're upset.

You make it seem as though things are all good over in your camp, we both know that ain't the case.

Look at the targets they picked, I doubt they give a !@#$ about AB and are more interested in saving the tech raider without a warchest.

You make it seem as though things are all good over in your camp, we both know that ain't the case.

Baldr is still launching offensive wars, meaning if he went untouched, it's likely he would attack AB. 

I haven't said that all, though. More that Smurf's account of the situation is far off the mark and he is sour because things didn't go his way.

Baldr is still launching offensive wars, meaning if he went untouched, it's likely he would attack AB. 

I haven't said that all, though. More that Smurf's account of the situation is far off the mark and he is sour because things didn't go his way.

Except, he only launched offensive wars against DBDC, since they're probably a bit more important to focus on than the inactive as fuck AB, but go ahead and try to spin GLoF's mistake.

TOP/MI6/GOONS entering will do nothing to salvage the war effort for Polaris, if you want them, go offensively declare, you don't seem to have troubles doing so.

Except, he only launched offensive wars against DBDC, since they're probably a bit more important to focus on than the inactive as $%&@ AB, but go ahead and try to spin GLoF's mistake.

TOP/MI6/GOONS entering will do nothing to salvage the war effort for Polaris, if you want them, go offensively declare, you don't seem to have troubles doing so.

You caught him. Roquentin is definitely trying to roll TOP and GOONS.

Except, he only launched offensive wars against DBDC, since they're probably a bit more important to focus on than the inactive as $%&@ AB, but go ahead and try to spin GLoF's mistake.

the fact that you're this upset is actually kinda hilarious. questioning how much GLOF cares for it's allies is laughable at best.

He won't be in range of DBDC after this round, so what would Baldr do? AB seems pretty obvious.

Are you now the official spokesperson for those alliances? 

You caught him. Roquentin is definitely trying to roll TOP and GOONS.

Considering the NPO treaty? I kinda doubt he gives a shit about anything but saving Umbrella's pixels.

the fact that you're this upset is actually kinda hilarious. questioning how much GLOF cares for it's allies is laughable at best.

You seem to misunderstand my emotions, I'm quite relaxed and have been highly entertained at watching the mistakes of this war determine the next one.

He won't be in range of DBDC after this round, so what would Baldr do? AB seems pretty obvious.

He most certainly would be considering the DBDC member is turtling and has been due to his lack of warchest, until he actually declared on AB you have no ability to determine what Baldr would have done.

Mind explaining how they would benefit by getting themselves destroyed then? I'd love to hear it.

You claim I'm still "launching offensive wars", but I've started a total of one war in the past several months, so that clearly isn't true.

The wars that I  have launched since I left IRON has been against DBDC, and that's a direct result of them attacking me.  They started a fight, and since I never begged for their forgiveness and I don't have the juice to destroy them myself, we're at war.

This GLOF attack may drag me into the global war, but I wasn't involved in it before.

Penedono claimed that they were only attacking RIA nations who had hit AB.  He lied.  I don't think I've ever, ever hit AB.  I certainly haven't in the past four months since I joined RIA.

I figure they are attacking me because they want to kiss up to DBDC.  There is nothing wrong with that.  I'm not complaining about the attacks, just the lies about how only nations hitting AB are going to be targeted.

Considering the NPO treaty? I kinda doubt he gives a !@#$ about anything but saving Umbrella's pixels.

You seem to misunderstand my emotions, I'm quite relaxed and have been highly entertained at watching the mistakes of this war determine the next one.

He most certainly would be considering the DBDC member is turtling and has been due to his lack of warchest, until he actually declared on AB you have no ability to determine what Baldr would have done.

Mind explaining how they would benefit by getting themselves destroyed then? I'd love to hear it.

lol. You make the mistake of assuming the NPO treaty determined where we landed rather than being a product of a lot of work in by the NPO and us to mend fences.  Where we landed was based on where a majority of our allies who were going to be involved were concentrated. The NPO treaty added another, but the decision had already been made. There isn't any situation where we will go against the majority of our  allies.

It's pretty easy to explain with the exception of one of the alliances you mention that has a 2 v 2 split MD treaty-wise.  Why did anyone enter the last war to defend NSO? I mean surely, NSO could have just said "we'll take the hit so NG/NPO can rest for another day and their enemies won't get the satisfction" Why did NPO's allies enter?  How does anyone benefit ever from entering a losing war? I think you'll get the answer there.

You claim I'm still "launching offensive wars", but I've started a total of one war in the past several months, so that clearly isn't true.

The wars that I  have launched since I left IRON has been against DBDC, and that's a direct result of them attacking me.  They started a fight, and since I never begged for their forgiveness and I don't have the juice to destroy them myself, we're at war.

This GLOF attack may drag me into the global war, but I wasn't involved in it before.

Penedono claimed that they were only attacking RIA nations who had hit AB.  He lied.  I don't think I've ever, ever hit AB.  I certainly haven't in the past four months since I joined RIA.

I figure they are attacking me because they want to kiss up to DBDC.  There is nothing wrong with that.  I'm not complaining about the attacks, just the lies about how only nations hitting AB are going to be targeted.

Penedono didn't lie. He just misspoke. Lying means he had the intention of deceiving people.  

Edited by Monster

Ignoring history, this would be a completely fair assessment. However, keep in mind our last scuffle with DBDC was about Baldr. Indeed it was called the Baldr War for a reason. There is no guarantee Baldr would not just be in hippymode if DBDC hadn't availed itself for attack. And like Baldr has pointed out, "nations likely to attack AB" =/= "nations attacking AB."

Penedono didn't lie. He just misspoke. Lying means he had the intention of deceiving people.  

What could he possibly have meant if he misspoke? "We will only attack RIA nations likely to attack AB"? That's a silly claim to make in a war declaration.