Declaration of War

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rely upon the golden rule. How we consider others reflects upon each of us, both personally and as a professional organization. Treat people as they should be treated."

Iron does not brag Foxfire

You have a long record of believing this.

Fox Fire does friendly boasting. But I'll probably not even post here again after tonight, as these threads just degrade into whining and no fun. :(

Yeah, it's really enjoyable to perform self fellatio but really awful when people point out that you're doing so.

Said announcement was a Alliance announcement, something all alliances do when a milestone has been reached.I'll say this, with the utmost respect for your alliance affliation. Mogar you're a vulture that will eat on any old dead horse.

Edited by Yggdrazil

What happened to a same night counter? :(

Well, you see Monster of Energy, we're abandoning ship. These are tough times. 

Straight up cancelling our treaty, and high tailing it out of here. Sparta are a good lot and were equal in their commitment to our mutual allies desires in the previous major conflict...but with such overwhelming odds it's time to throw in the towel. Gotta know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em, know when to read hartfw's comics, and know when to run as they say. Besides this whole war has nothing in it for us besides these guys, why would we put our pixels on the line when we could sit, maybe fight one round of war, collect taxes and requisition tech?

You see, we figured we'd take a page out of the playbook of some of the greatest diplomatically inclined alliances of our world today.

Instead of waiting a few weeks before a major war to start ditching our brothers in arms, steadfast allies and twisting knives in peoples backs, we'd figure we'd wait and cancel a few hours before we knew it was coming.

We have our reasons, mostly to do with Yeru's use of the word kvetch in another thread, the questionable german origin of a certain Adder of Death. The most feckless of excuses for terminating a treaty before a global war -- "Leadership turnover," was cited because of the transition between DA and Yeru. We figured we'd maximize the effect of pulling out by waiting until everyone jostling to get their treaty chains in order finished lining people up just to see the reaction of those planning to assail IRON after this war not having to face an additional alliance.

So long story short there was no same-night counter because there wouldn't be a requirement for one.

Either the above or because waiting up every night since early November gets old.

But probably one of the two.

Edited by IYIyTh

Straight up cancelling our treaty, and high tailing it out of here. Sparta are a good lot and were equal in their commitment to our mutual allies desires in the previous major conflict...but with such overwhelming odds it's time to throw in the towel. Gotta know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em, know when to read hartfw's comics, and know when to run as they say. Besides this whole war has nothing in it for us besides these guys, why would we put our pixels on the line when we could sit, collect taxes and requisition tech?

You see, we figured we'd take a page out of the playbook of some of the greatest diplomatically inclined alliances of our world today.

Instead of a few weeks before a major war instead of ditching our brothers in arms and steadfast allies, we'd figure we'd wait and cancelled a few hours before it.

We have our reasons, mostly to do with Yeru's use of the word kvetch in another thread, the questionable german origin of a certain Adder of Death. The most feckless of excuses for terminating a treaty before a global war -- "Leadership turnover," was cited because of the transition between DA and Yeru. We figured we'd maximize the effect by pulling a fast one on everyone jostling to get their treaty chains in order to just see the reaction of those planning to assail IRON after this war.

So long story short there was no same-night counter because there wouldn't be a requirement for one.

Either the above or because waiting up every night since early November gets old.

Perfect.

Love the gag and everything, but the bit you snuck in assumes the people you're trying to play off against one another don't talk and you'd be wrong. 

PS: The leadership turnover thing does seem to be an issue for a lot of people even with the sarcasm aside. :)

Edited by Monster

Straight up cancelling our treaty, and high tailing it out of here. Sparta are a good lot and were equal in their commitment to our mutual allies desires in the previous major conflict...but with such overwhelming odds it's time to throw in the towel. Gotta know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em, know when to read hartfw's comics, and know when to run as they say. Besides this whole war has nothing in it for us besides these guys, why would we put our pixels on the line when we could sit, maybe fight one round of war, collect taxes and requisition tech?

Instead of waiting a few weeks before a major war to start ditching our brothers in arms, steadfast allies and twisting knives in peoples backs, we'd figure we'd wait and cancel a few hours before it.

We have our reasons, mostly to do with Yeru's use of the word kvetch in another thread, the questionable german origin of a certain Adder of Death. The most feckless of excuses for terminating a treaty before a global war -- "Leadership turnover," was cited because of the transition between DA and Yeru. We figured we'd maximize the effect of pulling out by waiting until everyone jostling to get their treaty chains in order finished lining people up just to see the reaction of those planning to assail IRON after this war not having to face an additional alliance.

Yeah, but can you say that with a Sean Connery accent?

Perfect.

Love the gag and everything, but the bit you snuck in assumes the people you're trying to play off against one another don't talk and you'd be wrong. 

Yeah, I should've put that hilarious bit in as well. Opportunism runs rampant in these ranks.

Yeah, but can you say that with a Sean Connery accent?

That would take SOOOO long, but it's possible :P :) 

Maybe sometime this war.

Said announcement was a Alliance announcement, something all alliances do when a milestone has been reached.I'll say this, with the utmost respect for your alliance affliation. Mogar you're a vulture that will eat on any old dead horse.

Call me whatever you'd like, I don't plot on my allies and pretend I have the moral high ground, nor do I ever go back on my word. I"d love to hear exactly how you can rationalize that your alliance's behavior has behaved in the spirit of friendship towards RIA while actively plotting against the RIA's ally, and then attacking a member of a bloc RIA is heavily allied to.

Edited by Mogar

PS: The leadership turnover thing does seem to be an issue for a lot of people even with the sarcasm aside. :)

I still think I'm the common denominator!

You have strayed far from the comment I address to a Brother in arms. Iron does not individually brag about individual battle accomplishments on the OWF. If you wish to call an alliance announcement bragging you can do so,.It is a collective accomplishment.and does not disrespect anyone.

Call me whatever you'd like, I don't plot on my allies and pretend I have the moral high ground, nor do I ever go back on my word. I"d love to hear exactly how you can rationalize that your alliance's behavior has behaved in the spirit of friendship towards RIA while actively plotting against the RIA's ally, and then attacking a member of a bloc RIA is heavily allied to.

I have never seen anyone cry so much because an alliance attacked their PIAT partner ally's ally. Do you really think, for even an iota of a moment, that what you're whining about is so blatantly petty that maybe that's why nobody is taking you seriously?

Of all of the legitimate grievances committed this war, last war, and the war before, THIS is the sticking point? That your PIAT partner didn't bend over backwards to appease said partners allies? Are you really this dense, or do you play a brick on the OWF?

Greater offenses to friends of friends have been committed, and will be committed. I will be extremely disappointed if RIA didn't leak all of their allies secrets to IRON as well. Surely RIA knew that an ally of IRON's ally effects deeply IRON's allies activities, which is directly relevant to IRON itself. If you didn't give IRON every single measure taken by Polar and friends, then I must say, you aren't acting like the person Mr Brehon knew you could be.

Get over it.

I have never seen anyone cry so much because an alliance attacked their PIAT partner ally's ally. Do you really think, for even an iota of a moment, that what you're whining about is so blatantly petty that maybe that's why nobody is taking you seriously?

Of all of the legitimate grievances committed this war, last war, and the war before, THIS is the sticking point? That your PIAT partner didn't bend over backwards to appease said partners allies? Are you really this dense, or do you play a brick on the OWF?

Greater offenses to friends of friends have been committed, and will be committed. I will be extremely disappointed if RIA didn't leak all of their allies secrets to IRON as well. Surely RIA knew that an ally of IRON's ally effects deeply IRON's allies activities, which is directly relevant to IRON itself. If you didn't give IRON every single measure taken by Polar and friends, then I must say, you aren't acting like the person Mr Brehon knew you could be.

Get over it.

You seem to misunderstand, if IRON had RIA's best interests at heart, they would not have participated in a coalition to attack multiple RIA allies, and because of that, I no longer have a reason to kiss up to IRON publicly while they fuck over my allies because "everyone in the coalition of last war should have been lining up to kiss their hands." while IRON did next to nothing during that war, and then they decided to switch sides.

Did you ever think, for an iota of a moment that attacking Sparta, a direct ally of Fark(an IRON ally), is a really shitty thing to do?

I do not ever disregard a treaty I hold, and I will defend my allies to my last pixel, I do not buy into the selective ignoring of treaties merely to win a war, if any of our allies on the Doomsphere side of this war were declared upon, RIA would be there to defend them. How many other alliances will actually follow all of their treaties this war? I can bet the list is going to be quite short.

You seem to misunderstand, if IRON had RIA's best interests at heart, they would not have participated in a coalition to attack multiple RIA allies, and because of that, I no longer have a reason to kiss up to IRON publicly while they $%&@ over my allies because "everyone in the coalition of last war should have been lining up to kiss their hands." while IRON did next to nothing during that war, and then they decided to switch sides.

Did you ever think, for an iota of a moment that attacking Sparta, a direct ally of Fark(an IRON ally), is a really !@#$%* thing to do?

I do not ever disregard a treaty I hold, and I will defend my allies to my last pixel, I do not buy into the selective ignoring of treaties merely to win a war, if any of our allies on the Doomsphere side of this war were declared upon, RIA would be there to defend them. How many other alliances will actually follow all of their treaties this war? I can bet the list is going to be quite short.

The treaty web is ridiculous and we seem to have friends on both sides. At least our friends understand this.
Welcome to planet Bob.

Dont worry. The way you are whining and crying that PIAT will not stay for long. You should have lobbied harder to RIA Gov to drop the treaty earlier. No one forced them to keep it if they did not want to.

For me personally, it will be a blessing. I love RIA members actually. But your ceaseless whining and crying is just annoying now. Since RIA Gov doesn't care either that you are ceaselessly insulting your ally in public, they may even grant your wish.

You seem to misunderstand, if IRON had RIA's best interests at heart, they would not have participated in a coalition to attack multiple RIA allies, and because of that, I no longer have a reason to kiss up to IRON publicly while they $%&@ over my allies because "everyone in the coalition of last war should have been lining up to kiss their hands." while IRON did next to nothing during that war, and then they decided to switch sides.

Did you ever think, for an iota of a moment that attacking Sparta, a direct ally of Fark(an IRON ally), is a really !@#$%* thing to do?

I agree, nobody should ever attack anyone because through several treaties of separation it leads back to you. Let's all just be neutral forever and set aside our differences.

That's what you're saying. And as far as Fark, yeah, that's one of those more reasonable grievances to make than "ally of our ally" PIAT talk. Has anyone ever actually adhered to that level of baggage?

And that's really cool that you, not sure if that's speaking for RIA or not, never disregards a treaty. But where would that get RIA strategically and politically? That's why that list will be short, most alliances try to actually make sensible decisions rather than reactionary ones. The big example of alliances who don't do that just so happen to be Polar Sphere. Wonder if there's a correlation.

But please, cry on. Your tears could be used to cool a nuclear reactor because the molecules are so heavy with bull.

edit: I set up my own scenario and disregarded it, oops/refined comment

Edited by James Spanier

The treaty web is ridiculous and we seem to have friends on both sides. At least our friends understand this.
Welcome to planet Bob.

But yet, you are perfectly fine letting those on one side burn simply to hit Sparta and Polar for not sucking up to you enough last war.

Dont worry. The way you are whining and crying that PIAT will not stay for long. You should have lobbied harder to RIA Gov to drop the treaty earlier. No one forced them to keep it if they did not want to.

For me personally, it will be a blessing. I love RIA members actually. But your ceaseless whining and crying is just annoying now. Since RIA Gov doesn't care either that you are ceaselessly insulting your ally in public, they may even grant your wish.

"we love you, we just like having you burn and have no issues participating in letting you get rolled, even though our main grievance is allegedly the poor treatment of Pacifica last war because we held an NAP with them and that should totally mean we have a say in how they are treated." Do you see how your logic might be a little flawed there? If we were allies you would not have signed off on GLoF hitting us tomorrow night, but that'd mean you actually give a !@#$ about RIA.

I agree, nobody should ever attack anyone because through several treaties of separation it leads back to you. Let's all just be neutral forever and set aside our differences.

That's what you're saying. And as far as Fark, yeah, that's one of those more reasonable grievances to make than "ally of our ally" PIAT talk. Has anyone ever actually adhered to that level of baggage?

And that's really cool that you, not sure if that's speaking for RIA or not, never disregards a treaty. But where would that get RIA strategically and politically? That's why that list will be short, most alliances try to actually make sensible decisions rather than reactionary ones. The big example of alliances who don't do that just so happen to be Polar Sphere. Wonder if there's a correlation.

But please, cry on. Your tears could be used to cool a nuclear reactor because the molecules are so heavy with bull.

edit: I set up my own scenario and disregarded it, oops/refined comment

If you have differences than actually attack those you have differences with directly with your greivances as the reason and let the cards fall how they may. Win or lose you settle your score, no?

We've held the treaty for a long time and yet IRON has no issues being a major part of a coalition they could look at the wiki and realize we have multiple links to, you'd think that'd fall under the intelligence aspect of a PIAT.

I was speaking for RIA, personally I also stick to that same rule and have declared wars in defense of friends. So you should screw over your allies and friends so long as you end up being on the victorious side of a war? I'm glad Argent cares for their allies so much.

Edited by Mogar

You don't even have a point to make, you're just telling everyone why it is ok for you to be an annoying dick.

But sure I guess you can be an annoying dick because of that if you desire. 

And attacking allies of allies is not exactly new, I think XX declared as a bloc on IRON allies last war.

Edited by Commander shepard

But yet, you are perfectly fine letting those on one side burn simply to hit Sparta and Polar for not sucking up to you enough last war.

"we love you, we just like having you burn and have no issues participating in letting you get rolled, even though our main grievance is allegedly the poor treatment of Pacifica last war because we held an NAP with them and that should totally mean we have a say in how they are treated." Do you see how your logic might be a little flawed there? If we were allies you would not have signed off on GLoF hitting us tomorrow night, but that'd mean you actually give a !@#$ about RIA.

You seem to be saying IRON should disregard their MDoAP and ODoAP partners for their PIAT partner's allies. I want you to really think about that for a second. You brought up Fark above, but you don't care about Fark, or you'd be crying about that.

No, you're personally insulted that IRON didn't drop all of their allies for the RIA PIAT.

edit: IRON has far more ODoAPs than I remember.

Edited by James Spanier

You don't even have a point to make, you're just telling everyone why it is ok for you to be an annoying dick.

But sure I guess you can be an annoying dick because of that if you desire. 

And attacking allies of allies is not exactly new, I think XX declared as a bloc on IRON allies last war.

My point is mainly that your alliance is highly hypocritical, which this declaration proved, you don't give a !@#$ about Fark or any of your other allies, you give a !@#$ about being on the winning side.

You seem to be saying IRON should disregard their MDoAP partners for their PIAT partner's allies. I want you to really think about that for a second. You brought up Fark above, but you don't care about Fark, or you'd be crying about that.

No, you're personally insulted that IRON didn't drop all of their allies for the RIA PIAT.

I seem to be saying that IRON does not actually value their treaties, they value being on the winning side, which declaring on Sparta kinda proves since it's hitting an XX member, you know, a bloc that Fark is a member of, and all of the members of said bloc did the heavy lifting last war while IRON got the easy fronts.

Edited by Mogar

My point is mainly that your alliance is highly hypocritical, which this declaration proved, you don't give a !@#$ about Fark or any of your other allies, you give a !@#$ about being on the winning side.

Glad you took my advice and switched to Fark.

Glad you took my advice and switched to Fark.

I'm glad you're not grasping I'm easily able to paint a picture of this being a reoccurring theme of IRON. Coalition of Cowards ring any bells?

Edited by Mogar