Clearing the Air

Markus Wilding

"Again, you said no such thing. You only said the five regions where Hungarian troops are based, which we have no intelligence on."

"Hold up," Finn said, "Uncomfortable? You know what makes us uncomfortable? Knowing that you have the audacity to come in here and try to tell us you won't 'allow' us to take back what is rightfully ours. I remember a certain Romanian queen we executed not seven years ago that liked to talk about the same thing."

"I believe what Herr Powers is trying to say," Wilding interrupted, "is that we're not too keen on the fact that our people and military will be cut off from one another and passage dictated by at worst an unfriendly power. We've conceded a lot here, sir, and to be frank we in Vienna are getting very tired of conceding and conceding only to have the both of you, at different points, turn around and tell us something is unacceptable. We were going along fine until this popped up, and the last thing any of us need is a war over this one province."

*looks over his notes.*

"December 3rd, our soldiers move into five Polish regions, including Lower Silecian.

December 4th, I inform you that we are fine with Alvonia having a Polish Protectorate, so long as it isn't any of the five regions we currently have soldiers in.

December 10th, we move 30,000 additional troops into the five Polish regions, bringing our troop strength in those regions to 50,000."

"May I please interject here.

Belarus understands that Alvonia wishes to see Lower Silesia returned to it. We do, however, understand that Hungary's claim to the area. Here is my suggestion: Hungary recognizes Alvonia's claim to Lower Silesia, and in exchange, Alvonia will recognize Hungary's right to move into Lodz. I believe that Lodz is still unoccupied by any of us, and was not a part of Alvonia. In fact, I believe it was once a part of the old Hungarian protectorate in Poland. Additionally, both Belarus and Hungary will agree to not contest any Alvonian movements into the Kuyavian - Pomeranian region, which is also currently unclaimed."

Edited by Mr Director

"We would be uncomfortable having too many foreign troops so close to our northern border.

If you wish to complain about losing land, sir, I remind you again that Alvoni is still in possession of land that was once Part of Hungary, prior to the end of World War 2.

I am not sure why you expect us just to hand over land for free, when Alvonia has never offered the same courtesy to us in regards to land that once belonged to Hungary? "

"We could agree to that on three conditions:

1) 5,000 soldiers maximum in Lower Silecia

2) 95% of them have to stay 2 hours or more (approximately 120-140 miles) away from the border with Hungary-Slovakia

3) Alvonia agrees to a Non-Aggression Pact with Hungary-Slovakia.

Edited by Euphaia

"I already told you, sir, we did not have that knowledge. We had no idea where Hungarian troops were until we came across them in Poland."

Finn added, "I recommend you either fire your translators or tell them to listen harder. The Second World War doesn't matter, that's been over for well past a hundred years now. And one more thing for you - we're both allied to Yugoslavia. Just remember that if war breaks out, it's going to be hard for them to decide who to support."

Dressler finished with, "We have no problem with the Belarusian compromise, and I would highly encourage Hungary to accept it. We have given you your rail lines, your southern protectorate, the Belarusian annexations, which is a lot more than this one province and keeping our nation united."

"If your nation is willing to accept those three conditions, than we will be wiling to accept the Compromise and move our soldiers to Lodz.

On another aside, though, if Alvonia insists on complaining over land that was once theirs, than they have no right to dismiss Hungary's complaints over land that used to be ours, especially since Alvonia is still in possession of those lands. "

Edited by Euphaia

All eyes on the Alvonian side turned to Wilding. He cleared his throat and began to speak. "We will accept the non-aggression pact, but nothing more. We are not going to limit where our military goes or how many are there to anyone east of Vienna again. If you wish to enforce those terms, you will have to come back to this palace with an army and have bested the Wehrmacht on all fronts and make us sign them. Until then, I can have someone write up a draft of what we have discussed here, with the implied understanding that we stop this ridiculous arguing over a piece of land."

"If border security is an issue, we would suggest that both Alvonia and Hungary agree to inform each other of any military movements within five miles of each other's borders. Five miles is close enough to be of concern, but not so close as to interfere with regular operations."

"Fine." He would snap at Dressler.

"We will very reluctantly agree on the five mile suggestion.

"But heed this well. We will not tolerate any attempt by Alvonia or France to contain or surround our nation. Any such policy or attempt will be considered as a hostile act against our nation."

Edited by Euphaia

"As far as mines go, I would suggest that all sides agree to mark the general location of any minefields they place during peacetime. After all, it does appear to be something of a recurring strategy in Alvonia. I believe that something similar is already in practice, although I could be mistaken there."

"If we're speaking of minefields, they were [post='3332559']removed last year.[/post] The only way another minefield will be planted anywhere in Alvonia will be if there is a serious military threat to our nation from any border. Signs are always printed in whatever local languages are necessary. Unless of course something else is occupying anyone's mind, I feel comfortable calling this a deal. Any other concerns?"

"All we need is a signature and we should be good to go."

(OOC: I'm far too lazy and tired to actually write a treaty for all this stuff, so take this post to mean there's a basic "we don't mess with you, you don't mess with us" NAP and whatever else we talked about in here)