The brown cats ride to war

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me preface this by saying that I honestly don't really mean this in a disrespectful way, I'm legitimately curious and I have to ask since I know this isn't the first time you have performed like this and it's something that has always perplexed me.

But what is the point? Why declare 7 wars? It doesn't provide any material aid to anyone who is fighting, nor does it actually damage anyone. I understand the "Hoo-rah! Ride to war!" posts are fun and all, but what is it for if there is literally zero substance behind it and you aren't actually riding to war in the slightest? I have to assume it's intentional since you have 83 members.

Once again, I really don't mean to offend, I just know people usually feel like they are left scratching their head wondering why after you guys DoW and I had to ask.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Let me preface this by saying that I honestly don't really mean this in a disrespectful way, I'm legitimately curious and I have to ask since I know this isn't the first time you have performed like this and it's something that has always perplexed me.

But what is the point? Why declare 7 wars? It doesn't provide any material aid to anyone who is fighting, nor does it actually damage anyone. I understand the "Hoo-rah! Ride to war!" posts are fun and all, but what is it for if there is literally zero substance behind it and you aren't actually riding to war in the slightest? I have to assume it's intentional since you have 83 members.

Once again, I really don't mean to offend, I just know people usually feel like they are left scratching their head wondering why after you guys DoW and I had to ask.

GATO has never performed like this in a war, though they have had some reserved DOW's before but not this subdued. I can almost guarantee this is intentional (probably trying to provoke a counter out of Aft/Polar coalition.) The reason I say this is intentional is despite GATO not being a super active alliance, I know for damn sure there are 10-15 nations who are active enough to deploy in the lower NS ranges that NADC has open slots in. My other side note is most of their active nations are their larger ones (75k+) who probably don't have much or any targets yet.

Either way I'm also surprised at their initial DOW and hope they pick it up as the war expands.

Best if luck to my brown brothers, especially to my war partner Pimp. I'll be watching you old folks, don't let me down.

What a stunning 5 dec blitz.

yeah let's definitely go there...

GATO has never performed like this in a war, though they have had some reserved DOW's before but not this subdued. I can almost guarantee this is intentional (probably trying to provoke a counter out of Aft/Polar coalition.) The reason I say this is intentional is despite GATO not being a super active alliance, I know for damn sure there are 10-15 nations who are active enough to deploy in the lower NS ranges that NADC has open slots in. My other side note is most of their active nations are their larger ones (75k+) who probably don't have much or any targets yet.
Either way I'm also surprised at their initial DOW and hope they pick it up as the war expands.
Best if luck to my brown brothers, especially to my war partner Pimp. I'll be watching you old folks, don't let me down.

my assumption was lack of targets combined with lack of CN awareness.

I'm not tied to GATO so I don't have to be polite.   :smug:

But seriously, if this is an attempt to appear as bait to the Polaris side of this war, you're going to have to do a much better job.  Only other excuse for the lack of war decs on this scale is a simple lack of defensive slots to grab, and if that's the case, surely GATO could have been used along the line in a better place.  Lobby better in the war council.

Edited by ChairmanHal

I'm not tied to GATO so I don't have to be polite.   :smug:

But seriously, if this is an attempt to appear as bait to the Polaris side of this war, you're going to have to do a much better job.  Only other excuse for the lack of war decs on this scale is a simple lack of defensive slots to grab, and if that's the case, surely GATO could have been used along the line in a better place.  Lobby better in the war council.

There are slots in the lower range where GATO has people, as a poster above pointed out. However, I don't believe the "baiting" argument is very believable, as there are better connected people to use for bait as well as better ways to force a counter then doing something that literally has zero effect. 

That being said, I do believe it does have to be intentional, at least in part. With 83 members you can get more then 7 people to accidentally declare war with a badly worded mass PM.

It's probably a lack of prepared fighters. If that be the case GATO wouldn't be the only ones in that boat, it is what it is. Regardless the war will last longer than one round, so I'm certain more cats will come to dine in short order. And the big dogs will be waiting...

There are slots in the lower range where GATO has people, as a poster above pointed out. However, I don't believe the "baiting" argument is very believable, as there are better connected people to use for bait as well as better ways to force a counter then doing something that literally has zero effect. 

That being said, I do believe it does have to be intentional, at least in part. With 83 members you can get more then 7 people to accidentally declare war with a badly worded mass PM.

I'm going to agree with you.  Don't be shocked.   ;)

So trying to bait echelon out?