"There does come to issue the South American provinces required to maintain the SOSUS lines in that corner of the Pacific, we happen to have a fleet in the region that could rapidly deploy to retake them and begin the process of recovering the region, with the NWO no longer active, the only question would be if Cascadia would support such an action." 

OOC: I'll write something up when I wake up.

Mark looked at the Empress stunned, "Are you seriously asking for our opinion on you controlling territory in a region where you have no business being? Of course we are going to tell you no. What reason do you have to spread all throughout the Pacific and then spill into the Atlantic. Pacific Security? We all know that's a load of crap. If you were so "concerned" about it, you would form Alliances with Pacific nations instead of trying to make them feel inferior."

It was like Katsuro was in attendance. Her patience was already thin as it was dealing with her own brat, and here Alan sent his own for her to deal with. "I'm not certain whether or not your father* has given you a proper historical education, but the entire Pacific is our business, and millions of Imperium citizens have died to preserve the security and freedom of that ocean. I have been fighting against Tyranny within the Pacific since before you were born. I am Empress Hoshiko, of the house of Yamato, and I have made Gods kneel before me.There is no New World Order, the nations of the Americas have all collapsed, our closest ally along with them. There is no population upon the islands, and so unless anyone else here objects, I will do what needs to be done for it held secure, regardless of your opinions on the matter."

She brought up a holographic map of the Pacific Rim again. "The Caribbean States have moved to secure the Canal Zones, so long as they are willing to agree to actually ensure the security of the Pacific, I will have my eyes everywhere within my Ocean. If I wished to treat Cascadia as an inferior, your nation would not have been invited. I see now that perhaps it was a mistake to treat you as equals if you feel your nation should wish to stand against the Imperium."

*OOC: I am assuming due to the fact you mentioned young, if not I will edit accordingly

[hr]

He inhaled quickly, snapping out of the trans. It looked like he was just exhaling through a minor headache, and shrugged off the concerned looks of his most recently made friends.[/size]
“I’m alright,” he added casually, “be easy.” The man in turn relaxed as they both awaited the mostly anticipated arrival of the Empress he had been sent to see.

OOC: No worries, CK2 has stolen me away from RPing for the most part.  :v:

Having been alerted to the late arrival, she send a reply to have their guests brought in, and after scolding Mark and listening to his inevitable response, they'd finally arrive and she'd put on her best diplomatic smile. "Welcome to Tokyo, I hope your trip went smoothly, your nation is of importance to my belief in a United Pacific Rim, and with a name like the United Pacific Peoples I am of the belief you share my ideals in that regard. As you can see..." She gestured to the map, "Hawaii holds a vital position, as I have no doubt you are aware of, and would be used as a "center point", to some of the SOSUS lines designed to track movements within the center of the Pacific, knowing where someone is coming from is important, but their destination is even more so."

Edited by Mogar

The representative from Naggaroth would observe the infighting with a degree of interest and disapproval and allowed the Empress to finish speaking before speaking himself. "It appears that certain members here are proving to be unwilling to assist in the interests of their betters, quite a disturbing point. Naggaroth itself has no problems or complaints against the Imperium's actions and in fact wish them the best in their endeavors." 

Rachel was visibly uncomfortable with the interactions between the Japanese and Cascadian representatives. Fearing a possible escalation, she would interject and speak to the conference. 

"The Northlands questions the need to unilaterally annex the Falkland Islands and the display of disrespect towards Mr. Wymore here today. I will point out the obvious: the Falklands are located in the Atlantic, which seems outside the realm of a Pacific Security Agreement (PSA). 

I understand that the SOSUS lines run through the Malvinas and some level of management is required to oversee them. The Northlands owns the closest land and port to these islands with Tristan da Cunha, and I am willing to volunteer the Northlands to lead a joint-administration of the SOSUS facility and/or Falklands to ensure the continued operation and security of these lines. All PSA members should feel welcome to participate in such a venture, such that they may feel comfortable with the level of security overseeing this data collection.

Additionally, the display of rudeness from multiple individuals is unbecoming and certainly not a way to promote peace across the Pacific. We have long held stable, mutually profitable relations with the EAI and Cascadia are Northlands' allies. Please, let us work together when discussing the finer points of how to implement the PSA."

"While your statement is valid, all of the oceans share some level of interconnection, and the Falklands maintain a requirement for several lines to ensure speed and bearing of vessels would need to be prioritized. Tikal held many more islands within the region and we elected to not continue any further into the Atlantic due to not wishing to intrude upon other spheres of influence, even though their strategic value and potential to be added to a combined network was certainly something I would not mind. If we are electing to get into the semantics of geography, then France holds the closest capital to the Falklands of those currently in attendance." She said dryly, though more diplomatically than she had dealt with Mark.

"While I can acknowledge perhaps my words were harsh towards the Cascadian representative, and can apologize." Nodding towards Mark." I have striven towards collaboration with his father for decades, and I have given more blood than most nations to ensure that the Americas and the rest of the world were freed from the dark cloud that hung over Europe and the rest of the world before the Great War. I can agree to a joint administration, a military presence is a requirement. The ability to act against threats immediately is something I will not cede. Furthermore, I have begun a discussion to include the United Caribbean States as an observer to whatever we may agree upon today, due to their location and the vast amount of Atlantic they already control."

A handmaiden would bring printed copies of the treaty she had been writing while discussing this venture.

The Pacific Rim

We come together as the nations of the Pacific Community, in order to establish a consolidation of security and ensure the stability and unity of the largest ocean on earth. We agree to form a coalition of nations to be known as The Pacific Rim.

Article 1.
Mutual Defense of the Pacific

The undersigned do hereby agree to act in accordance with the ideal of mutual security of Pacific holdings, an attack upon a nation's Pacific holdings by a foreign power will be met with the combined forces of the undersigned.

Article 2.
Shared Intelligence

The undersigned do hereby agree to establishing the Pacific Shield, a combined intelligence resource made up of SOSUS and various RADAR apparatus of the Pacific Rim, to be shared among the member states freely. Any transfer of data regarding the fleet positions of a member state to a non member state would be considered an act of betrayal to the intent of the Pacific Rim and grounds for immediate expulsion.

Article 3.
Defense of Non Pacific Member States

Member States whose capital or majority of territory are not in the Pacific whom come under attack by a non member state may be defended by any member of the Pacific Rim. Such defense is not mandatory unless Pacific holdings are threatened, but strongly encouraged.

Article 4.
Pacific Protectorate

Pacific territory abandoned due to a member state's collapse will be considered de jure protectorate of the Pacific Rim.

Article 5.

Economic Agreements

The Pacific Rim agrees to not place excessive tariffs or taxation upon goods from another member of the Pacific Rim.

Article 6.

Malaccan Economic Zone Regulations

The East Asian Imperium considers the economic prosperity of the Pacific Rim to be key to their own prosperity. All legally registered vessels belonging to the Pacific Rim will be free from taxation of the Malaccan Economic Zone. Vessels containing radiological or other hazardous materials should provide advanced warning and the Imperium reserves the right to search said vessels.

For the Greater East Asian Imperium Co-Prosperity Sphere,
Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Hoshiko, Sovereign of  Japan, Joseon, and Aisu-shō, Daughter of Amaterasu, Prophet of Takamagahara, Guardian of East Asia, Protector of the Pacific, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Chrysanthemum, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure

Edited by Mogar

Having been alerted to the late arrival, she send a reply to have their guests brought in, and after scolding Mark and listening to his inevitable response, they'd finally arrive and she'd put on her best diplomatic smile. "Welcome to Tokyo, I hope your trip went smoothly, your nation is of importance to my belief in a United Pacific Rim, and with a name like the United Pacific Peoples I am of the belief you share my ideals in that regard. As you can see..." She gestured to the map, "Hawaii holds a vital position, as I have no doubt you are aware of, and would be used as a "center point", to some of the SOSUS lines designed to track movements within the center of the Pacific, knowing where someone is coming from is important, but their destination is even more so."

The representative from Naggaroth would observe the infighting with a degree of interest and disapproval and allowed the Empress to finish speaking before speaking himself. "It appears that certain members here are proving to be unwilling to assist in the interests of their betters, quite a disturbing point. Naggaroth itself has no problems or complaints against the Imperium's actions and in fact wish them the best in their endeavors." 

"While your statement is valid, all of the oceans share some level of interconnection, and the Falklands maintain a requirement for several lines to ensure speed and bearing of vessels would need to be prioritized. Tikal held many more islands within the region and we elected to not continue any further into the Atlantic due to not wishing to intrude upon other spheres of influence, even though their strategic value and potential to be added to a combined network was certainly something I would not mind. If we are electing to get into the semantics of geography, then France holds the closest capital to the Falklands of those currently in attendance." She said dryly, though more diplomatically than she had dealt with Mark.

"While I can acknowledge perhaps my words were harsh towards the Cascadian representative, and can apologize." Nodding towards Mark." I have striven towards collaboration with his father for decades, and I have given more blood than most nations to ensure that the Americas and the rest of the world were freed from the dark cloud that hung over Europe and the rest of the world before the Great War. I can agree to a joint administration, a military presence is a requirement. The ability to act against threats immediately is something I will not cede. Furthermore, I have begun a discussion to include the United Caribbean States as an observer to whatever we may agree upon today, due to their location and the vast amount of Atlantic they already control."

A handmaiden would bring printed copies of the treaty she had been writing while discussing this venture.

Jon nodded and took his seat. Among the other "representatives". He already felt stiff and uncomfortable, and realized, though most of their glances were passing at best, many judgments were already being made. Still he sat, and listened carefully to what was being said.

After a while, he began to grow agitated at the short sightedness displayed among all parties. It grew to annoy him, and sadly he could take very little of it much longer. He rose his hand, in good fashion, and waited to be called upon. Once recognized, he stood, and addressing the assembly in his rough Australian accent said,

"Hoi, the name's Jon. I would understand if my face is purportless, and frankly, I wouldn't blame you. I'm not a well decorated pilot, though I've flown in more missions than possibly the lot of you combined would have approved. I graduated from the academy with no honors or special recognitions, my plane is the same ol' trinket I flew half-way across the pacific to get here in, and if there is something I hate more than being shot at, it's self-entitled, short sighted, bureaucratic big wigs, who wouldn't know a better and brighter future if it slapped it's self-entitled, short sighted, bureaucratic big wig across your faces!"

The room grew real tense, and Jon seized the moment, "Look, I haven't the slightest clue if this pacific bowl, or tea cup, or whatever the hell it's called, is gonna work. But I gotta ask, when the world comes falling on your doorstep, are you gonna ask it to knock before it kicks your front door down? I can tell you a thing or two about some of the military equipment this little lady plans on using" Jon pulls out his parcel and throws several documents detailing 10 different derivation scenarios on the subjects of water, salt, and tempest durable material, outlines of different means in which effective communication and adequate relays can be made, and some pictures of the pacific ocean (which Jon thought the professor threw in just to mess with him). "Trust me, the comms work both way. If she or him," Jon points to the Cascadian representative, but, having no name to draw on, shrugs and just chuckles, "well, you get my point."

"Look, full disclosure, I don't really care where you come from, or what political view you may or may not hold. But if there's something I need to make clear it's that 'we' aren't your little toy puppets; pilots, soldiers, like me, we're not expendable. You think it's just a game of numbers, but eventually those numbers run thin, and when they run out, the only one to protect your precious holdings will be your pomp and circumstance. And trust me, they make better songs than defenders."

Feeling the discontentment in the room, Jon eases up a lot, "if you can't see it past yourselves to hope in a future where a father doesn't have to bury his son, then what good is your presence here? Because the future is not a lovely little meeting, in a perfectly regulated room, where people bring you the very napkins you wipe your own ass with. It's unpredictable, it's chaotic, and it's unmerciful. Fate may favor the bold, but only because she likes wild partners. For everyone else, the herd that sticks together survives the longest." Jon points to the map, his finger leading to the very heart of the pacific, a place no country inhabits for miles, "at least give us a home, and a future. Both of which are not beyond your very fingertips. In fact it's right here," Jon puts his hand on the paper, and glancing over it, signs it (but not on the line where one is expected, but rather on the very document itself).

"I want to live in a world, where I never have to bury a child of mine again." As Jon is about to sit, he stops, have bent, lifts his head and says, "sorry if I was, rather, out of line." He turns to the Cascadian representative, "no hard feelings, eh mate?" he surfaces a smile and wink, and prepares himself for what would possibly be the biggest beratement of his life. But if there is something that brings a joyous smile across Jon's face, is callow leaders giving him their two cents about the world they know...

Rachel rolled her eyes as the man bombastically delivered his speech, knowing he likely would not be in government had he lived in the Northlands.

"As much as I enjoy being called a 'self-entitled, short-sighted bureaucrat,' your speech misses the mark about what is being debated. We are discussing the EAI's expansion into North American and Atlantic waters and how this is perceived by several of the nations here, not about sending soldiers to die or whatever else you were ranting about. The Northlands supports the Pacific Rim Treaty as written and would be willing to sign that.

However, I express my concern about the EAI's expansion into the southern Atlantic under the guise of protecting the Pacific, and believe it is beyond the scope of what is being discussed here. The only reason for rampant militarization of the Malvinas is extreme paranoia or a desire to exert control over areas where it is destabilizing. As has been stated, the Northlands is the only nation with any military presence remotely close to the Falklands, and we are committed to the defense of our interests, which would include the Pacific SOSUS line. 

We are willing to concede that a minimal amount of island defenses would be acceptable to secure the Pacific Rim facilities on the Falklands. We however request that this be kept to a minimum and that the EAI relinquish control of Tierra del Fuego, a move which does nothing other than restrict the flow of trade to the authority of one nation and is not needed for the SOSUS lines."

Kazuko wondered if the northlands representative realized the hypocritical nature of their statement. "Apparently Northlands has no issues with being able to restrict the flow of trade by a single nation, based upon its current holdings at Gibraltar, with which you could close off the Western Mediterranean. Thanks to the Economic Security Pact, you can entirely close off the Med if you wish, due to your alliance with Greece, who controls the Suez.

No, you do not fear the authority of one nation, you fear the Imperium. There is no one to destabilize in South America or Africa, the closest neighbors to the Falklands would be your own holdings, or the newly formed protectorate by your Economic Security Pact over South Africa, and considering we would be signing a treaty with the Northlands, we fail to grasp how we would be at all threatening towards you, or perhaps the recent move by the North Atlantic nation into the Azores, whom we also have no quarrel with. I have fought to preserve the freedoms of every nation that now exists in Europe, perhaps I made a mistake there and should have left the world to be oppressed.

I wish to unify those who are within the Pacific to ensure there will be no restriction of trade, meanwhile your own organization has ensured that you can in fact restrict the trade of anyone that is not a member of your three nation alliance. I have never restricted the trade of any nation without justification before, and the two times that action was chosen was due to the threat of war of the nations that I was forced to act against. The fascist regime in Hawaii spent months threatening Japan with war, and Ukraine was an irrational regime with nuclear weaponry. You have absolutely no basis to say I wish to restrict your trade, and we have offered joint bases and even incorporated that into our plans upon the Falklands, I will not however, cede ownership of the Falklands merely for your own organization to do exactly what you say I plan on using them for. The Imperium has always acted in the best interests of all whom inhabit earth, if you wish to see us as enemies for standing as guardians of the Pacific, so be it."

Edited by Mogar

Jon smirks. "Last time I checked, the borders of the pacific ocean were black and white. You can't fit an armada of any on anything, and if you try, certainly not for long. And you couldn't assail a country let alone a continent. The consideration you seem to be proposing is a single man, with his little dial work radio, sitting in the bleeding sun and rain, while minding his sanity, like a good little lad. Make those islands, [i]our[/i] islands then. Do you,* Jon snaps his his fingers "eh, representative specialize in any naval or militarized technology, weapon, or transport? Would you consider coop militarized tours? Make no mistake, good fences make good neighbors. With one nation, this is audacious. With two nations, it is a conspiracy. With three nations, an alliance. What will they say of five? Let them call it peace."

Jon removed a laser pointer that doubled as the calligraphy pen he signed the agreement with. He pointed to each of the islands that could serve as anticipatory positions. "They're sufficiently large enough to support multiple personnel as those islands can be self-sufficient in their own regards. Isn't peace among our waters boldness? Why stop an inch before finality!"

"I envision a world in which there is no war, but until then we must have the preparations for such possibilities, The Imperium has survived not through simply sitting idle, we have reacted to every threat towards us and removed their ability to inflict harm upon us. Perhaps this can be considered threatening to others, but I ask the Northlands representative to explain what the Imperium has done to be considered a threat to them? We have not acted against our allies, nor would we ever do so, if the Northlands had its own troops upon the Falklands then how could we possibly use the islands to stop Northlands shipping?"

"The fact of the matter is there is a large Imperium presence at a critical choke point in the South Atlantic. The EAI has in fact, regardless of the reasoning, closed off trade to nations in the past as you yourself has stated. We, and the world, would be fools to not consider this in the security of our own states and see it as a potential threat regardless of our relations between one another. The Northlands simply expresses the concern that this is being done to benefit the expansionism of the Imperium under the guise of Pacific Rim security due to the rampant amount of militarization being put in place for a computer terminal. We express concern, based on recent interactions between Japan and Cascadia and the Northlands, that Japan does not consider this a meeting between equals. 

However, as these assumptions could be in error, and as the representative from Hawaii has noted, our cooperation is crucial to ensure a peaceful, stable Pacific. Because it appears that our nations may have to agree to disagree about the Falklands, we propose a compromise and offer a revised copy of the draft treaty."

The Pacific Rim

We come together as the nations of the Pacific Community, in order to establish a consolidation of security and ensure the stability and unity of the largest ocean on earth. We agree to form a coalition of nations to be known as The Pacific Rim.

Article 1.
Optional Defense of the Pacific

The undersigned do hereby agree to act in accordance with the ideal of mutual security of Pacific holdings, an attack upon a nation's Pacific holdings by a foreign power can be met with the combined forces of the undersigned. Such defense is not required, but strongly encouraged.

Article 2.
Shared Intelligence

The undersigned do hereby agree to establishing the Pacific Shield, a combined intelligence resource made up of SOSUS and various RADAR apparatus of the Pacific Rim, to be shared among the member states freely. Any transfer of data regarding the fleet positions of a member state to a non member state would be considered an act of betrayal to the intent of the Pacific Rim and grounds for immediate expulsion.

Article 3.
Defense of Non Pacific Member States

Member States whose capital or majority of territory are not in the Pacific whom come under attack by a non member state may be defended by any member of the Pacific Rim. Such defense is not mandatory unless Pacific holdings are threatened, but strongly encouraged.

Article 4.
Pacific Protectorate

Pacific territory abandoned due to a member state's collapse will be considered de jure protectorate of the Pacific Rim.

Territory and islands considered crucial for the maintenance of peace in the Pacific, such as the operation of SOSUS lines, but are not located in the Pacific will be considered a Pacific Protectorate to be jointly staffed and operated by all Pacific Rim members. Each of these protectorates will be administratively led by the signatory with the closest geographic and cultural ties.

a) Falklands - Administration will be led by Cascadia, with participation highly recommended by all signatories.

Article 5.

Economic Agreements

The Pacific Rim agrees to not place excessive tariffs or taxation upon goods from another member of the Pacific Rim.

Article 6.

Malaccan Economic Zone Regulations

The East Asian Imperium considers the economic prosperity of the Pacific Rim to be key to their own prosperity. All legally registered vessels belonging to the Pacific Rim will be free from taxation of the Malaccan Economic Zone. Vessels containing radiological or other hazardous materials should provide advanced warning and the Imperium reserves the right to search said vessels.

"Note the changes to Articles 1 and 4. We believe the changes in Article 1 are necessary to highlight that many of our nations have not held diplomatic ties previously and allows for the growth of such ties to flourish. We have reports of Japanese and Cascadian movements in Alaska, suggesting that some policy differences exist between future signatories. The flexibility of optional defense shows the world we intend to take the security of the Pacific peacefully while allowing us to build a firm foundation for this treaty.

Article 4 allows for a framework which by territories considered crucial for the Pacific Rim can be administered through this treaty. These lands will be considered a protectorate held be all nations here as equals so that no nation, whether it be the EAI or Northlands, feels threatened. At the same time, local control of these lands will be placed  under a nation for ease of administration. 

In terms of the Falklands, these islands have long been associated with Europe suggesting the Northlands or France would be the logical choice. Out of deference to the Imperium however, we place Cascadia in charge of the Falklands due to its geographical position as part of North America. We hope this resolves any outstanding issues and allows all participants to sign on as equal partners."

Rachel Ortega-Vazquez , on behalf of the Northlands, would sign her name to the revised copy of the treaty. 

Mark would finally choose to speak up again, after being berated by both Hawaii and Japan most of his confidence was down but the Northlandic representative gave him strength. "I find it bogus that when I share my opinion of things that are currently taking place in the world, I get yelled at for not understanding history. What it seems though is you don't understand history. Cascadia has been in two wars in her very long lifetime, almost as old as Japan in fact, our first war was with the Ecclesiarchy of Alaska over British Columbia, that resulted in our acquirement of Vancouver Island. The only other war we were a part of was the war we joined Japan in the fight against Romania and their allies. Cascadia has supported and been friendly with Japan for as long as I can remember. So yeah when you make aggressive moves towards us we do get frustrated. Now lets talk about a few wars Japan has been in. The War of the Twin Chinas and your war against Shanghai. The first you refused to give back Taiwan which is rightfully Chinas, the other is a war of expansion. I now call on my fellow delegates, do you not see the monster that is Japan? They hide behind what they were and "Pacific Security". There are three nations that a security agreement for the Pacific helps the most. Cascadia, Japan, and Hawaii. Hawaii is far too new to have enemies and they provide us with wonderful things. While Cascadia is all for security, this is not our top priority. Japan benefits THE MOST from a security agreement. It allows them to expand and consume whatever they want. We are tired of it."

"Perhaps Cascadia should leave this meeting before they find themselves suffering the consequences of their misplaced words. Naggaroth finds little fault with the Imperium and in fact find their measure of strength  and their recent actions to be respectable and inspiring. Hopefully this meeting will end soon so that more important matters can be dealt with."

Mark would then be escorted out to leave at his choosing, if he elected to stay he would be under surveillance  until he left the Imperium's territory.

"Now onto more important business, if no one else has issue with the treaty, please sign it and perhaps we can inaugurate the treaty in Alaska, as Mark's father apparently believes that Empires should be gifted, and not worked for. Cascadia is attempting to annex all of Alaska, something I intend on stopping to ensure the Pacific and the Bering Sea remain secure. I offer an invitation to those present to join in this defense of the Pacific if they wish. Diplomatic routes have been taken of course, but the 200,000 Texan troops lead me to believe that Cascadia has no interest in diplomacy, and so I prepare for war."

Edited by Mogar

Mr. Marchesse signaled a desire to speak and waited till parliamentary procedures made it allowable.

"To put it quite simply, we'll sign if France does. If not, we will maintain cordial relations with all member states, just as we have maintained cordial relations with all non-member states (It's not exactly the first time NZ has been involved in a Pan-Pacific Treaty Organization after all) but to put it simply, we're going to dance with the one who brought us, and if they don't like the tune, we'll just have to play wallflowers for the time being.

Mark would then be escorted out to leave at his choosing, if he elected to stay he would be under surveillance  until he left the Imperium's territory.

"Now onto more important business, if no one else has issue with the treaty, please sign it and perhaps we can inaugurate the treaty in Alaska, as Mark's father apparently believes that Empires should be gifted, and not worked for. Cascadia is attempting to annex all of Alaska, something I intend on stopping to ensure the Pacific and the Bering Sea remain secure. I offer an invitation to those present to join in this defense of the Pacific if they wish. Diplomatic routes have been taken of course, but the 200,000 Texan troops lead me to believe that Cascadia has no interest in diplomacy, and so I prepare for war."

"As a representative of Naggaroth I can offer you the services of the 1st and 2nd Legion in your fight against Cascadia along with the support of the 1st war fleet. Let us know if you require them. As for the treaty we will sign it."

The representative for Naggaroth would sign the presented treaty in the name of the nation of Naggaroth.