Cascadia and Yugoslavia

Dillon1102

An invite to the Cascadian Capital of Springfield would be sent to the Foreign Ministry of Yugoslavia.

"Hello friends in Yugoslavia! We here in Cascadia would love to host you in our capital of Springfield. As we have had no previous contact with anyone in Europe for quite sometime, we thought your country would be an excellent place to start. We hope to see you soon."

Edited by Dillon1102

Private

"The Kingdom is more than pleased to hear from our former comrade in arms of Cascadia, as such we are grateful for the invitation and have assigned Mirjana Živković to be the Kingdom's representative alongside the Kingdom's Sovereign. We also request if it's possible to establish an Embassy within Cascadia.

We hope that good relations and tidings flourish between our two great countries."

Respectfully,

Kralj Dragojev Belojevic

Edited by Rudolph

The construction of an embassy in Portland began immediately. A nice property on the Columbia would be selected to serve as the lot on which the Embassy would be built. 

While the embassy was being constructed the diplomats plane would land at Tillamook International Airport. From there he would be given a luxurious tour through the city. Showing of the Mckenzie and Willamate rivers, the city and her people, and the great Cascadian culture. At the end of the tour he was brought to one of two 5-star restaurants in the city. 

Sitting quietly and ordering his food was Alan, Emperor of Cascadia, upon noticing the diplomat had come in, Alan gestured to the diplomat to come over and sit down. Alan who had not had contact with a foreign diplomat. Was quite giddy at the idea of speaking to one. Before Mirjana even sat down Alan began speaking,"Welcome to Cascadia my new friend! I hope your trip was a delight."

Private

The Sovereign of the Kingdom stood alongside his Ambassador, a polite smile on his face, "The trip was an enjoyable one, Emperor Wymore," he answered for his subject in fluent English yet with a hint of an accent as he pulled back a chair, gesturing for his Ambassador to take her seat before the Sovereign took his own. "I do hope you were not waiting too long."

Private

The Kralj of Yugoslavia shook his head, "No, I haven't. I was going to order any dish you can highly recommend while we discuss matters of state, Emperor Wymore," he answered as his Ambassador handed him a folder with papers within it, "First off, I want to personally hand you a copy of the treaty we all but declared one-sided when we announced our 'continuation' as it were of the Kingdom to our former comrades in arms in the global war. If you wish to sign it and make it a two-way one, feel free to do so but know that the Kingdom will repay its debt it owes to a majority of the world regardless if you do not sign, Emperor Wymore."

"Ah well, I guess you must join me in having some nice smoked salmon," Alan replied as he took the folder containing the documents. Alan perused them for about two minutes before he would reply, "I'm not exactly sure what this treaty entitles. Would it be possible for you to explain it a bit more?" A waitress would then come out and put a HOP Valley Citrus Mistress in front of Allen. "Anything I can get for you gentleman?" She asked the Yugoslavians.

Private

"I shall have what the Emperor is having, if you will," he informed the waitress before focusing back on Emperor Wymore, "In essence, it is a unilateral defense treaty to those who supported the Kingdom in the war against its former neighbor in Romania, Emperor Wymore. You may choose to upgrade the treaty as a bilateral one, ask for it to be considered void towards the Cascadian Empire or simply recognize it as it currently stands, a unilateral defense treaty."