Rugen Summit

Californian

"Although the French did rub us the wrong way by getting involved in the Alvonian land grab of Lower Silesian, which was a Hungary-Slovakian protectorate by agreement until Alvonia threatened us by war and the French sided with Alvonia on their illegal and agreement-breaking land grab, at this time Hungary-Slovakia is choosing to be neutral in the French Civil War."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We have deployed some of our forces to Iceland to participate in the ongoing operations against the American colonization of Greenland. As for France, we should adopt a wait-and-see attitude. I fear that any involvement at this time would shift attention from the Greenlandic theater, and possibly complicate matters in France."

"We have opened dialogue with the Confederacy, hopefully we can ask them to withdraw from Greenland, though I am sure we will have to make concessions in return. We have noticed that they lack any real allies, perhaps offering the protection of Nordic Hammer would be something we can offer in return."

"We agree that negotiating with the CNRA is the first logical choice, and we believe we will be able to have them withdraw from Greenland. Consolidating our military operations and positions on the island simply gives us a stronger position from which to conduct diplomacy. The idea of having them cooperate with the NH is interesting, perhaps we can mention that and see where it takes us."

Because the operation on Greenland was being conducted by military officials in Iceland, Quaeckernaeck would steer the conversation back to where it had left off previously.

"We are grateful that Hungary-Slovakia was able to come here on short notice." He would mentally note to have the room checked for bugs, because he didn't remember sending Hungary-Slovakia a formal invitation to come here. "While we don't have military relations with your nation, the rest of the NH does and our relations have been nothing but positive so I don't find any issue there."

"But perhaps Mr. Moric, you could speak more about the relations between Hungary-Slovakia and the European nations not present in this room such as Yugoslavia and Greece. Does your nation have any territorial ambitions or otherwise that could possibly put it into conflict with other neighboring states?"

He would turn to the Rike. "We should be cautious when dealing with the French Civil War, but perhaps it might be good to send out some feelers and get a better idea of the situation. Frankly, other than knowing some of the warring factions, the Northlands is woefully uninformed about the motives and opinions of these groups, and we are France's neighbor! Maybe we could secretly communicate with two or three of the most promising factions and see what their positions are, including what they think of the NH and our nations and future cooperation with us. At that point, if one side particularly stood out to us, we could choose to support them."

"As far as the Greenland situation is concerned, If their representative doesn't show up to Iceland soon, we may be forced to act before they can dig themselves in any further.

As far as the French Civil War is concerned, the Rike plans on getting involved after the Greenland situation is resolved. We feel that a step in the right direction to secure a peaceful and secure Europe would be to have a weak France so they cannot push their weight around against nations anymore as they have been doing. Which side, we are not sure would be the best route at this point and are still weighing our options."

"While we are on the topic of France, I thought I would bring to my allies' attention that a month or so ago, France had sent 50,000 soldiers into Poland to help Alvonia illegally strong-arm Lower Silesian away from my country.  What matters most, however, is that there has never been any indication that France has ever withdrew from Lower Silesian, which if that is indeed the case, there is very likely still 50,000 French soldiers still in Lower Silesian, which borders with Hungary-Slovakia.

I am wondering what the Nordik Hammer thinks about this, and what everybody here thinks should or could be done to deal with this situation?"

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/124954-more-polish-problems/page-9#entry3344523

Edited by Euphaia

"I would have to believe that either those troops withdrew to deal with the French Civil War, or have since dispersed to return home for other reasons, if they are there I would suggest you kindly inform Alvonia to have the French Government withdraw them back to their home land, or we will be forced to remove them from their territory."

"But perhaps Mr. Moric, you could speak more about the relations between Hungary-Slovakia and the European nations not present in this room such as Yugoslavia and Greece. Does your nation have any territorial ambitions or otherwise that could possibly put it into conflict with other neighboring states?"

"Certainly.  We currently have a pretty good diplomatic relationship with Yugoslavia and have an Optional Defense Pact with them.  As far as Greece, beyond an embassy in Athens, we are pretty much neutral towards Greece.

As far as territorial ambitions, we would like to annex the western-most part of Romania, which used to be a part of Hungary once.  It is currently a jointly-administered protectorate between ourselves and Yugoslavia.

We possibly might annex southern Poland, which is currently a protectorate of ours, into Hungary-Slovakia at some point, though we aren't certain of it yet.  Otherwise, we don't have any other territorial ambitions to speak of."

Edited by Euphaia

At this point, the Belorussian Foreign Minister would be needed back at home. He would make his apologies to the other representatives, and take his leave.

However Belarus would not be without representation for long, and Ambassador Nil Hilevich would quickly arrive to represent Belarus at the Nordik Hammer on a long-term basis. He was relatively high ranking in the Belorussian Foreign Ministry, and would be able to function in the same capacity that Andreichenko had at the meeting. He even had the Foreign Minister's taciturn personality, to some extent.

OOC: This meeting has lasted quite long, and usually Foreign Ministers don't represent their countries at any one location on a long-term basis, usually only showing up for major events and such. I figured that I'd switch him out with a full time representative, so that I don't have my Foreign Minister tied up permanently in one place :P

Edited by Mr Director

"Access will be granted for your troops."

"I appreciate the response of the Hungary-Slovakia representative and I will vote in favor of their joining of the Nordic Hammer bloc. With Hungary's ascension, consider the cap on military ships at your port on the North Sea abolished. You are free to station military ships there as you see fit, and I hope Hungary will assist in the security of the Baltic and Atlantic."

"We welcome Hungary finally as a full member of the Bloc. Though I think it is about time we start talking about what direction we want this bloc to move in. We have a stable group of core members and I would like to press forward this point and see where everyone wants to be at. That way we can start to shape our bloc towards a mutually negotiated goal together."

"Hungary-Slovakia thanks the members of Nordik Hammer for their votes of support. We look forward to working with our allies and helping protect the North, Baltic, and Atlantic.

We currently have a small navy, but are greatly looking forward to expanding it and are appreciative to be given the opportunity to do so."

"I appreciate your keeping us informed.  

As northern Poland was a joint protectorate, we currently have around 15,000 men stationed in Northern Poland.  

We were very hesitant to let a hosile nation like Alvonia have sole possession over norhern Poland, but with Alvonia's collapse, we would be open to working something out with Nordisk Rike, should your nation be interested in that region. 

We are much more interested in southern and eastern Poland, Austria, and western-most Romania, as it is, anyways, so I am sure something agreeable to both our nations could be worked out."

Edited by Euphaia

"(Ambassador/Minister) Quaeckernaeck, my government shares the same concern that the Nordisk Rike, and I am sure the Northlands as well, have for preventing the spread of Communist conflict further into the region.  

Since we would be unable to safely move troops directly from Hungary-Slovakia to the former-Alvonian - France border, the Hungary-Slovakian government would be interesting in acquiring your government's permission to move approximately 10,000 soldiers, APCs, light tanks, and an assortment of transport and military helicopters to a couple of Northlands bases near the Northlands - former Alvonian border.  Would that be possible?

They would then shortly -- we estimate within a few days to two weeks time -- be moved from the Northlands bases to the former Alvonia - France border, to help prevent the spread of conflict into Austria/former Alvonia."

"Well since this meeting is private at this time, and since the majority of the Nordic Hammer bloc may not be involving themselves militarily we are informing the rest of the bloc that we currently have plans on supporting the Nationalist Faction at this time. We had wished to support the Communist Faction, but they were very quick to fold to demands we issued to them for joining and it wasn't the best fit for our nation to support a faction that would roll over to others."

"We are for the most part neutral towards the Nationalists and towards the civil war in general, though we sent a small amount of aid to the Republicans, since we would hate to see them get annihilated or massacred. Though we don't plan on getting directly involved in France.

As I requested earlier, we are hoping to temporarily base some men in the Northlands, and then send them to former Alvonia's western border, since it is a joint protectorate of Hungary-Slovakia, and we would like to ensure conflict doesn't spread to it or worse yet, Communist revolution doesn't get exported to it."

Edited by Euphaia

Hungary-Slovakia has full and complete permission to temporarily station those troops in the Northlands. Additionally, could you specify the role of Hungary-Slovakia in the former Alvonian lands of Germany? We were under the impression that the Northlands was the only one with a protectorate over Bavaria and Baden-Wurttemberg.

"We thank the Northlands for its permission, though we believe you misunderstood me somewhat. We do hold a joint protectorate with Yugoslavia in Austria, though.

We mostly just wish to station some soldiers along the west and south west Geman/Alvonia border to help discourage conflict or communist revolution from spreading into Germany, Switzerland, or Austria, though we don't have any territorial claims to Germany or Switzerland; we do wish to help with their protection during the French Civil War, since they neighbor our Austrian joint-protectorate and wish at all costs to prevent the spread of any conflict into Austria and its neighbors Germany and Switzerland.

However, Northlands is quite welcome to Bavaria and Baden if it wishes to make them its protectorate.

Although, once you have Bavaria secured - or if you already have so - with your permission, it would likely be a good idea for us to temporarily base near the western border of Bavaria as well, so that we can more easily and more safely move another five to ten thousand soldiers into the adjacent Baden region, for the duration of the French Civil War, that is again, if you will allow us to do so again."

Edited by Euphaia

• 3 weeks later...

"Fellow members of Nordic Hammer, I am here to tell you that the Nordisk Rike has declared war on the Transitional Government of France, it has become clear that they intend to disrupt the Nationalist Government which is the true successor state to the French Empire, and we are going to defend their legitimacy. We request all parties to cancel any trade agreements they may have with this government as well as to ban trade with that government to all private corporations. They are a threat to Europe and we will stand as the defenders to put down what could clearly be called the rising of another Napoleonic France."

(OOC: Just for my own clarification, aren't the Nationalists the one that's being led by the "False Emperor", or is that a different faction?  There are so many of them in France currently, I could be confusing that with another faction.  

To make matters worse for the sitting government, Mareshal Rodger Sanicheau has declared himself Emperor and now advances on the capital with his army at his back. The Mareshal has the support of a confirmed 4 out of 17 corps with the loyalty of many others unconfirmed or seeming to lean to other branches. He has advanced over, and occupied, most of French Flanders and Alsace. With the Northern Corps pledging to him the control of Paris is severely at risk for the near future. The Mareshal has declared his intent to return France to Napoleonic glory, a task he said Jeanne had pledged but never committed to. It is unclear at this time what exactly is meant by “Napoleonic” glory.

Isn't this referring to the Nationalists?)

Edited by Euphaia