janax

One day, blanket declarations of that nature will be used against EQ's weaker members, who - being more numerous and lacking in depth, will suffer for it. It is a tool for monopolising power and establishing or preserving hegemony, nothing more.

Thanks for the reminder that I said this once re; 'musketeer tactics' of bloc declarations used to generate the biggest dogpiles possible. Hoo boy.

Now, we certainly haven't gotten that far yet (this is nowhere near EQ antics right now, way to jump the gun folks :P), but let's be honest - people are already trying to graffiti the same kind of writing on the wall. And yet, I still have doubts this war will produce the sheer magnitude of meatshield-ery simply due to changes in treaty webs and shifting attitudes since that conflict.

Have fun, both of you.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hypothesize that someone is trying to help NADC toward the ODN record set - was it two wars ago? - when we had all you alliances on us in the CRAPpile. Not close yet, though. I'll have to ask a historian what the exact figure is, but I think the target is well into the double digits.

Pretty sure GATO had like 9 alliances on them at one point

Wait, so you won't be entering the war on your terms but on the terms of your allies?
I think a more accurate discription of what they are doing is getting the crap beaten out of them while their friends watch on the sidelines.

Must be some serious brainwashing scheme you guys have going on. Only a master hypnotist can convince so many alliances to butcher themselves for your sake.

What is actually accomplished by these silly semantic exercises? It's pretty obvious afm and xx are collaborating together and the current approach and its conditions of escalation are part of a wider plan developed through joint consensus (as with all coalitions that have ever existed ever). If you don't like what you see, you can always preempt accordingly.

What is actually accomplished by these silly semantic exercises? It's pretty obvious afm and xx are collaborating together and the current approach and its conditions of escalation are part of a wider plan developed through joint consensus (as with all coalitions that have ever existed ever). If you don't like what you see, you can always preempt accordingly.

What this man said.

Yeah, c'mon Dcrews, there's nothing like the ol' "Let them totally destroy half the coalition before getting involved" strategy. It's a classic.

Yeah, c'mon Dcrews, there's nothing like the ol' "Let them totally destroy half the coalition before getting involved" strategy. It's a classic.

Nah it's the "Let's let them destroy our allies and burn their warchests and then we'll enter at the end and roll through them" strategy.

Nah it's the "Let's let them destroy our allies and burn their warchests and then we'll enter at the end and roll through them" strategy.

I think we've all used and defended against both of those a few times by now. Doomsquad opened without a cb, so I was under the impression we were all going to go without hypocrisy this war? Edited by iamthey

C&G and NG have had over 6 alliances on each of them for the last few wars.

Feels weird being the other side of a pile ;)

NG has always been banging on about how great their military was and how puny the others are. You would have been insulted if less than 6 had declared on NG.

In this war Aftermath is being accused of seeming inactive, then I would guess the more military minded alliances could have a fun fight while not even matching their NS. They're blowing their own fun going in like this.

I'll take it that the overpowered rolling of SNX and NADC is a sign of high respect for them, like we respected NG's power in last war.

Sounds like a cult.
Actually, what I have done is to use my Jonesian powers to hypnotize not our allies to butcher themselves, rather, I have hypnotized all of you to butcher our allies rather than us. You're sleepwalking through this war according to my arcane will. When I snap my fingers, you will awake and die.

Sounds like you're a shit ally. Who in their right mind would compel people to butcher their allies? Idk Aft I think you guys should consider a FA review after this war is over, considering what your friends are willing to put you through.

What is actually accomplished by these silly semantic exercises? It's pretty obvious afm and xx are collaborating together and the current approach and its conditions of escalation are part of a wider plan developed through joint consensus (as with all coalitions that have ever existed ever).

Even silly semantic exercises have a purpose behind them.

If you don't like what you see, you can always preempt accordingly.

I'm not part of planning, but if I was this is exactly what I would do, this prodding around has cost us the initiative.

I think we've all used and defended against both of those a few times by now. Doomsquad opened without a cb, so I was under the impression we were all going to go without hypocrisy this war?

I don't think I've ever been part of a coalition that waited for half of their number to be destroyed before deciding it was the right time to enter. No hypocrisy here, just genuine surprise.

Sounds like you're a !@#$ ally. Who in their right mind would compel people to butcher their allies? Idk Aft I think you guys should consider a FA review after this war is over, considering what your friends are willing to put you through.

Perhaps AFM has such good relation with NpO that AFM don't ask NpO to run blindly into a clear and obvious trap?

Edited by jalap

Perhaps AFM has such good relation with NpO that AFM don't ask NpO to run blindly into a clear and obvious trap?

Perhaps, SuperCereal considers AFM disposable and would gladly have them burn for a few more days of safety. We can do this all day.

NG has always been banging on about how great their military was and how puny the others are. You would have been insulted if less than 6 had declared on NG.

In this war Aftermath is being accused of seeming inactive, then I would guess the more military minded alliances could have a fun fight while not even matching their NS. They're blowing their own fun going in like this.

I'll take it that the overpowered rolling of SNX and NADC is a sign of high respect for them, like we respected NG's power in last war.

Three wars in a row where we've fought against 6+ alliance dogpiles.  Though I will admit the first one was our own doing by pre-empting pretty much all of SF and proto-aftermath.

Three wars in a row where we've fought against 6+ alliance dogpiles.  Though I will admit the first one was our own doing by pre-empting pretty much all of SF and proto-aftermath.

Those were good times...

Edited by Abshire

I think it's more of a, "hey, it's time for war," and everyone wants to get in some quality pew pew time. And since the AFM/Polar "side" is letting us dogpile, we're having fun rolling over the inept parts of the coalition as an appetizer.

I have not looked at SNX. As far as NADC, not much respect as a fighting force there. I've seen intel reports on about the top third of the AA so far; there is one warchest that goes much beyond a billion, with most far under that threshold. They'll be a smoking crater before the next round is over. Possibly even by the time this round is over.