A UCR Announcement

In the end, who cares that they left. They were unhappy with where things were going so they left. Sure it looks suspicious, but I knew about UCR trying to leave DL a long time ago (before I even joined back in with Atlas), before this war was even close to starting. I'm sure the war sped the process up though. I mean, when you are unhappy with a bloc's direction don't you leave it when there is a lack of agreement on all parties behalf? Same with a treaty, am I wrong? Of course, the timing could have been better, there is no disputing that. Regardless, I'll stand by my allies in UCR. Some of you need to worry more about your alliances right now anyway besides worrying what caused DL to split. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for any of the parties involved. 

>they were unhappy with where things were going

yeah, to war

or did you mean nowhere? because UCR has been going there for years now and so i'm not sure what the issue is here

>it wasn't an easy decision for any of the parties involved

which parties would those be?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end, who cares that they left. They were unhappy with where things were going so they left. Sure it looks suspicious, but I knew about UCR trying to leave DL a long time ago (before I even joined back in with Atlas), before this war was even close to starting. I'm sure the war sped the process up though. I mean, when you are unhappy with a bloc's direction don't you leave it when there is a lack of agreement on all parties behalf? Same with a treaty, am I wrong? Of course, the timing could have been better, there is no disputing that. Regardless, I'll stand by my allies in UCR. Some of you need to worry more about your alliances right now anyway besides worrying what caused DL to split. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for any of the parties involved. 

I'm sure was an easy decision once they found out war is coming.

Taking the decision was not at all difficult Kiloist, once they realized that LSF/SWF are not ungrateful prats like them.
What did involve difficulty is the BS stories they cooked and fed them to Atlas and SRA (and god knows who else) about information getting leaked, about being a post-split victim, faking a screenshot etc
Thankfully SRA realized that. As a matter if fact,even UCR members are realizing that how their own govt fooled them into believing this and are now joining abandoning the hermit kingdom to join the Elesufis to defend an ally who had helped them during the FAN war. Edited by Tehmina

Taking the decision was not at all difficult Kiloist, once they realized that LSF/SWF are not ungrateful prats like them.
What did involve difficulty is the BS stories they cooked and fed them to Atlas and SRA (and god knows who else) about information getting leaked, about being a post-split victim, faking a screenshot etc
Thankfully SRA realized that. As a matter if fact,even UCR members are realizing that how their own govt fooled them into believing this and are now joining abandoning the hermit kingdom to join the Elesufis to defend an ally who had helped them during the FAN war.

Ah yes Ronjoy, see what you and LSF fail to realize that those members that left the UCR and joined LSF voted in the UCR to leave Die Linke.  So ya'll might think about that before accepting their applications.  (I think only 3 people left?)

There was a leak and LSF even said that it probably came from their unprotected conference room and I will quote Comrade Trotsky from the UCR forums:

I can assure you, however, that this "leak" was not born out of malevolence, but neglect. The LSF forums are poorly kept and older than the blue blazes, so these things *do* happen from time to time, but it is an issue we have made sure will not happen again. 

So if LSF denying that they said that its silly.  And if they aren't and its just you saying that... well you don't know anything of the situation. 

oh and about the screenshots, well see thats a bit funny because you sent them apparently (I mean who else would use "RJ" initials on IRC ronjoy?), and taking into account your last message to the UCR before we gave you the boot... wouldn't put it past you.  But we even gave LSF the benefit of the doubt that they were a forgery and dropped it after some discussion. 

So the way I see all this added drama its non-sense, that why the UCR hasn't said much about it. Thats why we ignored it, its crap, little kid stuff.  The sounds of someone that has held a grudge for so long and can't let go.... so let it go.  

UCR, for reasons of their own paranoia, played a strange game in the lead up their exit. First we had the leak - which we were informed definitely came from LSF and with no reason to assume UCR would lie to us about this made a number of forum changes.Then we had the screen shot about LSF plans to declare a DL wide war again from UCR and more crying about security (this was the one that really over egged the pudding. The plans didn't exist and the member in the shots is inactive).  While this was going on UCR were telling anyone that would listen that LSF were going to hit them because they were leaving DL - never discussed, certainly never threatened.  UCR never mentioned to any of the people they were crying to that LSF had voted to declare in NPO in defence of SNX and couldn't hit them if we wanted to. All of it to get this cancellation up a few hours before our DoW.

It's clear as crystal what's gone on here now. I'll tell you this for nothing, what UCR should have done is just left DL, there would have been some disappointment but nothing more. What you have done, the way you've gone about it, is a self fulfilling prophecy because at some point this is all going to come home to roost for UCR and no one you cry to is going to stop it from happening.

Edited by Sabcat

Way to take Trotsky's post out of context.  At that time, we still believed that UCR was acting in good faith and that the leak was genuine.  So, we admitted the possibility that the leak might have been due to unauthorized access to our conference room, and carried out a thorough investigation on our part, including examining possible security flaws and looking at all the people who accessed the conference room.  There was no unauthorized access.  But right as we found this, UCR decided to manufacture the screen shot and unilaterally withdraw from DL.

Let's see, did Ronjoy ever use the nick "RJ" on IRC before?  No.  Also, why did the IP address on that "RJ" user show up as coming from a UK server, and didn't match Ronjoy's usual IP address?  Why are both Ronjoy and Gunsta denying involvement in this?  Why does the content of the "message" have nothing whatsoever to do with actual discussions that were happening at LSF?

EDIT:  And now we find out that all this time while we were busy investigating the leak and jumping through hoops to fix our supposed "security problems" that you guys accused us of, you were similarly busy holding the election to leave DL (and thereby weasel out of a potentially losing war) using this supposed "leak" as a pretext, and were simply holding off on publishing the outcome until you made sure that you had some FA left.  Brilliant.

Edited by kanenas

UCR, for reasons of their own paranoia, played a strange game in the lead up their exit. First we had the leak - which we were informed definitely came from LSF and with no reason to assume UCR would lie to us about this made a number of forum changes.Then we had the screen shot about LSF plans to declare a DL wide war again from UCR and more crying about security (this was the one that really over egged the pudding. The plans didn't exist and the member in the shots is inactive).  While this was going on UCR were telling anyone that would listen that LSF were going to hit them because they were leaving DL - never discussed, certainly never threatened.  UCR never mentioned to any of the people they were crying to that LSF had voted to declare in NPO in defence of SNX and couldn't hit them if they wanted to. All of it to get this cancellation up a few hours before our DoW.

It's clear as crystal what's gone on here now. I'll tell you this for nothing, what UCR should have done is just left DL, there would have been some disappointment but nothing more. What you have done, the way you've gone about it, is a self fulfilling prophecy because at some point this is all going to come home to roost for UCR and no one you cry to is going to stop it from happening.

So let me get this straight, if you were handed screenshots that implicated a member of an allied nation In a ploy against your alliance you wouldn't ask them about it or at least tell them about to find out what is going on? We posted what we were given and both sides discussed.

Knowing where we thought it came from we asked, lsf called it out as being fake it was pushed aside, we did acknowledge that lsf did do forum overhaul (so did we just in case) and by that time vote was passed and we left. No harm no foul.

LSF did not inform the UCR of the time that you were going to DoW or even if you were even going to carry it out.
Our vote ended and we left. And to my knowledge LSF could not enter into conflict unless all parties of DL had agreed on war, and LSF made no formal request to the UCR to begin vote until the UCR's vote to leave DL had passed.

Considering the heated atmosphere at the time we honestly believed you were going to be pissed off, considering all that had transpired did we think you might retaliate? Maybe, it was a possibility we had no way of knowing. We had hoped not and go about our merry way.

But all this talk about roosting is making me hungry. So I'll take my leave from this silly place.

So let me get this straight, if you were handed screenshots that implicated a member of an allied nation In a ploy against your alliance you wouldn't ask them about it or at least tell them about to find out what is going on? We posted what we were given and both sides discussed.

Knowing where we thought it came from we asked, lsf called it out as being fake it was pushed aside, we did acknowledge that lsf did do forum overhaul (so did we just in case) and by that time vote was passed and we left. No harm no foul.

LSF did not inform the UCR of the time that you were going to DoW or even if you were even going to carry it out.
Our vote ended and we left. And to my knowledge LSF could not enter into conflict unless all parties of DL had agreed on war, and LSF made no formal request to the UCR to begin vote until the UCR's vote to leave DL had passed.

Considering the heated atmosphere at the time we honestly believed you were going to be pissed off, considering all that had transpired did we think you might retaliate? Maybe, it was a possibility we had no way of knowing. We had hoped not and go about our merry way.

But all this talk about roosting is making me hungry. So I'll take my leave from this silly place.

If you think UCR leadership didn't know about the war request then u have a bridge to sell to you. The "leaked" info well guess what didn't come from LSF. So be straight up y'all ran like chickens at the 1st opportunity

Aldo Akken, i don't know if you are misinformed or doing it on purpose (will not be surprised given your recent history), but LSF not informing you about our I intent to defend SNX in case they are attacked directly was known to your leader quite some time ago.

You do know that as much as I love comedy and trust me, I know the funny, it would be less than funny to point sharp things at our friends in the Union of Communist Republics. It would be much more fun to tell classic borscht belt jokes.

."What are three words a woman never wants to hear when she’s making love? ‘Honey, I’m home!’"

I've got a better joke for you.

What has two legs, one big lying mouth and knows how to dodge any and all sense of loyalty when faced with the prospect of war?

>they were unhappy with where things were going

yeah, to war

or did you mean nowhere? because UCR has been going there for years now and so i'm not sure what the issue is here

>it wasn't an easy decision for any of the parties involved

which parties would those be?

I'm sure was an easy decision once they found out war is coming.

Thankfully SRA realized that. As a matter if fact,even UCR members are realizing that how their own govt fooled them into believing this and are now joining abandoning the hermit kingdom to join the Elesufis to defend an ally who had helped them during the FAN war.

To respond to all three of you...

I was just trying to be positive. I honestly couldn't careless what happened. I was/am busy dealing with other things that have to deal with my alliance. I just tried to post as neutrally on it as I could without overly taking a side since my alliance leader has decided we'd stick beside UCR. I have friends on both sides of the split, and overall it's kinda disappointing to see DL split but it happens. If you would like for me to really post how I feel I can do that instead of trying to be understanding to both sides. 

We have talked about reforms for DL in various forms to improve it but nothing has ever come of these talks. We also talked about reducing it to a simple MDoAP bloc since thats what it acted like but again nothing happened. So we voted to leave at the same time LSF voted to offer support to SNX. And our leaving was not because of LSF's vote but from other internal matters we were fed up with, since we also did hold a vote to go to war and it failed with the majority not wanting to be put into the same position as the SL-Kaskus war where a lot of DL dropped into peace mode.

Canceling this treaty was due to internal problems related to DL's workings and that nothing was being done to resolve them

1. Yeah, because we told KL that we were fine with an MDoAP and more concentrated, active econ efforts, and surprise surprise, nothing came of it from UCR's end.

It can be placed on LSF only insofar that we should have kept on you lot until something changed.

2. UCR knew, however, that we were going to most likely be defending SNX, even before our vote. I believe the response was, "but what about our senate seat! We can't fight an NPO ally, then we'll lose our senate seat!".. followed by convenient rage over false allegations and *gasp*, a DL exit. 

Sir Kiloist:

It would be fine if they wanted to leave. That's one thing, but they did it right when talks of war started, and cited as a reason for this departure a leak that they wouldn't stop insisting was purposefully done by us, despite the proof, while also running around to everyone and their mother about the "incompetence of LSF", a trial where the defendant is conveniently absent. 

You do not leave an MDAP bloc on the eve of war. That is not how you do things, and you don't go around lying to mutual allies (re: you) about all sorts of nonsense.

AN: 

But we even gave LSF the benefit of the doubt that they were a forgery and dropped it after some discussion. 

Uh, if you call barging into our embassy, yelling at us and telling us how "fed up of our bullshit" you were and then telling us you made the decision to leave DL a day later a "discussion", sure. I guess?

Yeah, no, it wasn't a simple inquiry. By the time I was finally masked on the UCR forums, there were already two pages of insulting "GET YOUR SHIT STRAIGHT LSF" posts and "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THIS TO US" rants, at which point Sabcat got back with you all, after which people started pointing to more examples of "LSF aggression". 

The UCR had judged us from minute one and cited all of these things, in the end, as a reason for leaving DL. It's pretty clear that some people within the UCR were pushing an anti-war agenda at-all-costs, and that person along with his cronies has always done such, so it's not exactly your fault, AN.

LSF told UCR even before the leak that it was likely we would end up going to war for SNX, so this is not true. We then told you that we were starting our vote to see if we would go to war for SNX, how much more "formal" do we need to be to an alliance with what, 5, 6 active members? 

At the end of the day it's clear to everyone both on these forums and all parties who have been relatively involved since the beginning what UCR's intentions were, or at least, the intentions of its leadership. This is not something we will soon forget

Sir Kiloist:

It would be fine if they wanted to leave. That's one thing, but they did it right when talks of war started, and cited as a reason for this departure a leak that they wouldn't stop insisting was purposefully done by us, despite the proof, while also running around to everyone and their mother about the "incompetence of LSF", a trial where the defendant is conveniently absent. 

You do not leave an MDAP bloc on the eve of war. That is not how you do things, and you don't go around lying to mutual allies (re: you) about all sorts of nonsense.

You are correct, notice I said the timing of this could have been better. I also stated that I was aware of talk from a few UCR members a while back about leaving as well.. That doesn't change the situation about timing though. However, I don't recall anyone from LSF/SWF coming to us and telling us anything, all we got word of was UCR was leaving DL for various reasons and LSF going in on SNX to pay back for the favour that was done towards LSF which I respect wholeheartedly I wish more alliances would do what LSF did, but back to the point, all we knew was UCR was separating themselves and LSF was going in on the opposite side of us. Do you see where I am coming from? Regardless, I have a great deal of respect for you. So I will take your word and admit that this could have been handled better on our part and there should have been more communication between us and for that I apologize. 

You are correct, notice I said the timing of this could have been better. I also stated that I was aware of talk from a few UCR members a while back about leaving as well.. That doesn't change the situation about timing though. However, I don't recall anyone from LSF/SWF coming to us and telling us anything, all we got word of was UCR was leaving DL for various reasons and LSF going in on SNX to pay back for the favour that was done towards LSF which I respect wholeheartedly I wish more alliances would do what LSF did, but back to the point, all we knew was UCR was separating themselves and LSF was going in on the opposite side of us. Do you see where I am coming from? Regardless, I have a great deal of respect for you. So I will take your word and admit that this could have been handled better on our part and there should have been more communication between us and for that I apologize. 

Yes, I do agree that after my departure from DL, it was only KI who used to talk to Atlas representing DL (While we did SNX through our forums). What LSF found later is that KI didn't really do the job of strengthening Atlas-DL ties but only whine about 'How horrible LSF is' and similar shit. Anyway, thanks to to this lolcommie drama (and war), almost everyone is LSF has become active. Now, there will be no chance of our friends believing in BS some coward frames against us :)

Our/my war? I don't recall rolling SNX but you may recall that NSF and MCXA that came to your defence when FAN kicked your back doors in. You might also recall that MCXA and NSF are now part of SNX. We owe them. Getting stamped on by NPO isn't a grand LSF plan, it's not our war. It's paying debts.

Tbh, I don't think it would be too wise for UCR to go hit NPO in the first place, they do have a treaty with NPO anyway. This split of DL is something that should have happened a long time ago.